In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

NRA's enemy list?

H.S. 10-XH.S. 10-X Member Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
i just saw Wayne La'Pierre discussing the NRA's enemy list which is a list of people, organizations, and companies that are pro-gun control. Does anybody have that list? I would like to know who out there is the enemy.

"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know"- Kansas

Comments

• jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    go to www.nra-ila.com it's supposed to be there
  • trstonetrstone Member Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Frankly, I wouldn't mind it if the NRA put ME on their pusillanimous little "enemies list"---in fact, I'd wear the (metaphorical) badge with pride. Those backsliding, useless little perishers (a British phrase I picked up somewhere) don't do anything but collect money from their deluded members, wave their pom-poms for anything calling itself a "Republican" (regardless of gun-rights voting record) and then turn around and stab gun-owners in general in the back by going before a judge and saying "Oh, please, Your Lordship, may we register our handguns with thee?"

Don't buy it? Well, see for yourself:

http://keepandbeararms.com/information/Item.asp?ID=3619

Who needs people like Schumer and Kennedy and Feinstein when you've got friends like the NRA fronting for you? Gun registration of ANY sort is CLEARLY unconstitutional since it imposes a condition of prior approval to exercise a guaranteed right, so the NRA should be fighting registration laws tooth and nail everywhere, right? Wrong.
    The NRA's own mouthpiece went before a DC judge, genuflected, and plaintively whined: "Oh, Great and Terrible Oz, we beseech thee, all we wish to do is register our handguns."

This is for the NRA and any of its shills that may be "listening":

Why don't you crawl on your bellies and ask the Feds to outlaw and confiscate firearms in general? You slimeballs ALREADY seem to heartily approve of the first step in the process, which is registration. You're about as much a friend to the average gun-owner as Barbara Streisand.

To paraphrase one of the Founding Fathers (I think): "I know not what course others may follow...Me, I'm joinin' up with the GOA."
    edited November -1
    ahhhhhhhhh, that was good.
  • GhostCatGhostCat Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Sad thing is, the Folks that own Shotguns and Deer rifles will still support the NRA because it hasn't reached them yet.
    I had no idea the Lawyer for the NRA said these things...I am absolutley OUTRAGED.....I will never renew my membership.

GhostCat
  • nitrouznitrouz Member Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    just let our membership expire. I'm using every penny to stock up rather than send money hoping the nra will come through.

20-redcoats-firing.gif
    American's Right to bear arm's is the only reason we're here today.
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by trstone
    Frankly, I wouldn't mind it if the NRA put ME on their pusillanimous little "enemies list"---in fact, I'd wear the (metaphorical) badge with pride. Those backsliding, useless little perishers (a British phrase I picked up somewhere) don't do anything but collect money from their deluded members, wave their pom-poms for anything calling itself a "Republican" (regardless of gun-rights voting record) and then turn around and stab gun-owners in general in the back by going before a judge and saying "Oh, please, Your Lordship, may we register our handguns with thee?"

Don't buy it? Well, see for yourself:

http://keepandbeararms.com/information/Item.asp?ID=3619

Who needs people like Schumer and Kennedy and Feinstein when you've got friends like the NRA fronting for you? Gun registration of ANY sort is CLEARLY unconstitutional since it imposes a condition of prior approval to exercise a guaranteed right, so the NRA should be fighting registration laws tooth and nail everywhere, right? Wrong.
    The NRA's own mouthpiece went before a DC judge, genuflected, and plaintively whined: "Oh, Great and Terrible Oz, we beseech thee, all we wish to do is register our handguns."

This is for the NRA and any of its shills that may be "listening":

Why don't you crawl on your bellies and ask the Feds to outlaw and confiscate firearms in general? You slimeballs ALREADY seem to heartily approve of the first step in the process, which is registration. You're about as much a friend to the average gun-owner as Barbara Streisand.

To paraphrase one of the Founding Fathers (I think): "I know not what course others may follow...Me, I'm joinin' up with the GOA."

YAA!!!!!!!!what he said!
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Once again I only wish to keep things simple so as not to let argument/counter-argument and on and on and on crowd out other things that are more important.

I can not and will not try to provide facts, events, quotes, actions, etc. for and against the NRA on a case-by-case basis to try and prove my point. There is just plain too much out there that I either do not know about, cannot verify or have gotten distorted info. But one thing I can claim as a fact is that the NRA, and on a national basis ONLY the NRA, has been the only thing standing between gun owners and the gun grabbers for the better part of a century. And it is still the largest and most powerful gun rights group in THE WORLD. Now, if a friend of yours get sick and starts acting crazy (assuming that the NRA has actually been acting crazy) do you abandon him or try and cure him with the proper treatment? If the NRA is "sick" we need to get active in changing it until it is 'CURED'. Otherwise if you adopt the policy of evertime a pro-gun rights groups starts behaving in a manner you disagree with (whether you can prove it or not) and to "punish" that organization you start spreading bad rumors about it and withdraw your membership, pretty soon ALL the pro-gun groups will go down the tubes. And the gun-grabbers would love that. In fact the gun-grabbers might even be the ones who are distributing the negative reports about the NRA. How am I to know or prove otherwise?

When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions.
    edited November -1
    How are you to know? By doing a little research. Same as you find out anything else. As far as it goes with the NRA being the only thing standing in the way of total loss of gun rights for the last century, maybe if they hadn't been there perpetuating the issue through compromise, earlier generations (who were not so limp-wristed as the present, politically correct one) would have settled the issue for us. But now it is up to us, time is short. To leave it to my children to deal with will be too late.
    (In reference to "your sick friend") The NRA is not the gunowner's friend, they are the friend of the politician. If they were my friend, and your friend, they wouldn't stab me in the back at every turn, and there would be no need for GOA or state level gun rights organizations that are legitimately trying to secure what our forefathers laid down there lives for, and our God gave us. The fact is, there should be NO need for any of them to exist. Every time a law is made exerting any kind of control over any kind of firearm, it is unconstitutional, and therefore, illegal. But does the NRA mind? No, not as long the politicians soften it up for them a bit, to make it look good for the NRA. NRA's position: "We'll get 'em next time...next time...next time..." Or, "but we made them remove this language, or that language...." BIG DEAL! Did you tell them it was an illegal unconstitutional law, and you would fight it straight ot the supreme court!?! NO? WHY NOT!?!
    And do gunowners, the single largest interest group in America, do anything to stop it? Of course they do! They send in their annual dues to the NRA! And then wonder why we keep losing ground on the issue that shouldn't be an issue. Well, isn't the answer obvious? Send the NRA more, yes more of your hard earned money and they will take care of the problem! If you believe this, then you deserve to be less the money you sent them.
    Solution: short of armed rebellion, which may become necessary, but as of yet, is not, VOTE! Get rid of the scum who care nothing about our sacred constitution. They take an oath to uphold it, then promptly break their oath. The oath is only lipservice to them. They are not representing real Americans, Only those who would destroy the greatest country the earth has ever known. TREASON in it's purest form. But do we do anything about it. Well.... we pay our dues to the NRA...
    Next: if you must give your money away, it is your responsibility to put it where it will do the most good, if you truly care about such things. Give it to GOA, your local state level gun rights org, or to the politician who votes FOR your cause, (if you have one) to get them re-elected. If you don't have one, get one! In the meanwhile, if you don't have one, find one that does vote pro-gun, and give your money to them as the more there are, the better. They represent all of us whether they are from your state or not. They are out there. I am fortunate in that my own rep is staunchly pro-gun, pro-constitution, Marilyn Musgrave. But she had to be elected first, to be of any help. The liberals hate her, and I mean really hate her! She stands in the way of their destroying our country. They spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to unseat her. It takes alot of money to make sure she get's to keep representing us (all of us). But well worth it!
    If you can't spare any money, don't worry, we've all been there or are there. Volunteer to help your local group in the battle. This is even better than money in most instances.
    If you are unwilling to do any of these things I suggested, then the NRA is your kind of people. Eliminating the issue, puts them out of work, or best case, puts them back to doing what they started out doing, which is far less lucrative to them. Either way, we win!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox
    Once again I only wish to keep things simple so as not to let argument/counter-argument and on and on and on crowd out other things that are more important.

I can not and will not try to provide facts, events, quotes, actions, etc. for and against the NRA on a case-by-case basis to try and prove my point. There is just plain too much out there that I either do not know about, cannot verify or have gotten distorted info. But one thing I can claim as a fact is that the NRA, and on a national basis ONLY the NRA, has been the only thing standing between gun owners and the gun grabbers for the better part of a century. And it is still the largest and most powerful gun rights group in THE WORLD. Now, if a friend of yours get sick and starts acting crazy (assuming that the NRA has actually been acting crazy) do you abandon him or try and cure him with the proper treatment? If the NRA is "sick" we need to get active in changing it until it is 'CURED'. Otherwise if you adopt the policy of evertime a pro-gun rights groups starts behaving in a manner you disagree with (whether you can prove it or not) and to "punish" that organization you start spreading bad rumors about it and withdraw your membership, pretty soon ALL the pro-gun groups will go down the tubes. And the gun-grabbers would love that. In fact the gun-grabbers might even be the ones who are distributing the negative reports about the NRA. How am I to know or prove otherwise?

When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions.

fox,fox,fox.........if that ACTUALLY worked then WHY are WE IN the situation we are in with the wonderful party politicians that we have now?
    edited November -1
    Campain spending reform would be something to fight for also...Just how are "regular"folks gonna represent the regular folks.The way it is,it can't be done...How can ANYONE say that we are TRUELY being represented if only the rich can run.....Not that reform will EVER get passed it would help to eliminate themselves would'nt it? If the NRA is NOt part of the solution than they ARE part of the problem.Period.There is No time,no room left to compromise a right that was ALLREADY paid for in Blood,by some of MY OWN ancestors.....I will COMPROMISE NO LONGER!!!
    edited November -1
    JPWolffe & Longhunter: I knew the two of you were out lurking out there just waiting to jump on me (he he). I am also a GOA member and 2nd admendment member. In my state I cannot find a a local effective gun rights group to belong to and I have been making weak efforts to start my own but little or no interest has been shown by others yet but I keep trying. I vote for and support with donatations the politicians who work for, not against me. But for anyone who believes in voting and supporting their leaders, have you forgotten that on a regular basis the board of directors of the NRA are VOTED into or OUT OF office? If nothing else, think of the NRA as at least a finely tuned and functioning machine and at the first chance work for and vote for those board of director members who will see that the NRA changes direction and that finely tuned machine will start working for you. It is not time yet to blow up that machine.

edited November -1
    fox,well friend,keep tryin,you MAY convince me...but I really don't think that you will.We would have to trim ALL the fat out of the NRA ,much like we need to in Washington in general.Its not a cancer...cut out something and hope it don't grow back.More like a disease out of control and infectious....kill it quick before it spreads kinda thing....We will not be able to vote ALL the fat cats and the ones that remain will infect the newbies,much as they do in Washington...?If I got a terminal,sick,infectious animal around I shoot it.
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey, with the Centers for Disease (and gun) Control doing a study now, based on 51 scientific studies and finding "inconclusive evidence supporting the effectiveness of gun kontrol"; is it just me, or does the idea that a new study should trump the work of 51 others seem odd?

Anyway, they claim insufficient evidence to support the effectiveness of such measures as registration, bans on certain weapons and ammunition, gun-free zones, and the like, and considering the millions of words printed and thousands of idiots singing the virtues of gun kontrol, I would say that if these studies cannot justify their effectiveness, and the results make the millions of printed words meaningless (duh) then all we have to concern ourselves with is how to roll back 20,000 ineffective laws and begin making America the America our forefathers envisioned. Any suggestions???

Death to Tyrants!!! Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
    edited November -1
    I would love to offer a suggestion,if only I could come up with one that MIGHT work...As i have sad before term limits might even help our cause(what do YOU think?)but how do we ever get them into place?I do know it seems its a bunch easier to pass new legislation than to change old...this means we must pass new to negate the old?
    edited November -1
    longhunter: did you get my anwer to your e-mail? I tried to send it twice but I kept getting "the aol server is not responding".

In regards to the NRA, when I am debating pro/anti-gun topics with an anti-gunner I ask them would the criminals rather their prospective victims had guns or would the criminals prrefer gun control to whereas only the police and the criminals had guns. Of course every honest person would have to admit that the criminals woould prefer their victims had no guns. So I then point out to the anti-gunners that they are therefore siding with the criminals on gun control.

So with that in mind I will ask you a similar question: would all the anti-gun groups prefer to see the NRA continue to exist or would they prefer to see it fold and disappear? I think I can predict your answer and so I will restate that if the NRA is "sick" we need to "cure it" not abandon or kill it.

edited November -1
    My point being that something isn't better than nothing anymore...It's to late for that.If the NRA wants to help,why don't it?How do you expect to put a band-aid on this boo-boo?You may vote someone else in but that ain't gonna change what he gets paid etc.And so he too ,like all polo's will corrupt and ,yup become part of the problem.Its like sayin,Its our NRA lets take it back!I thought it was our country too? I am not sayin that I know what the answer is fox...just what it isn't.That in MHO is as good a place as any to start isn't it? L.H.
    edited November -1
    L.H., I just feel it would take many years, hundred of thousand of man-hours and millions and millions of dollars to create a pro-gun organization resemblilng the current NRA. So if that is true, then why don't we spend a lot fewer years, a lot less man-hours and pennies on the dollar to reform the NRA. For god's sakes people, the NRA is a Public Organization that can be controlled by its members. It is not an organization owned and totally controlled by only one or a few people.

Most of us are not happy with the way our country is run but we stick around and try and hope it gets better. We don't abandon it like so many people here want to do with the NRA. And ask yourself if maybe some of this negative stuff we have been offered just might be propaganda from an anti-gun person/group who would love to turn us against the most powerful and well-known pro-gun group in the WORLD.

edited November -1
    Originally posted by tr fox
    L.H., I just feel it would take many years, hundred of thousand of man-hours and millions and millions of dollars to create a pro-gun organization resemblilng the current NRA. So if that is true, then why don't we spend a lot fewer years, a lot less man-hours and pennies on the dollar to reform the NRA. For god's sakes people, the NRA is a Public Organization that can be controlled by its members. It is not an organization owned and totally controlled by only one or a few people.

Most of us are not happy with the way our country is run but we stick around and try and hope it gets better. We don't abandon it like so many people here want to do with the NRA. And ask yourself if maybe some of this negative stuff we have been offered just might be propaganda from an anti-gun person/group who would love to turn us against the most powerful and well-known pro-gun group in the WORLD.

Ya well,IF we were able to change the NRA,then WHY don't we cut out the middle man and change the country???I can tell you why,because not enough people care.Its the Apathetic attitude that has created the mess we r in and KEEPS it that way.Meanwhile,the FAT cats in the NRA,with their BIG salaries and all,continue to to lull us along in our false security....just a few more dollars,we can win this,please a few more...The kind of battle that we r facing cannot be won with money,might,clout.....it MUST be won with people,voting people.We do NOT give up on our country fox?REALLY????What are the stats on how many vote?They went down bad after vietnam,scores dropped out of the political scene forever....eventually ,I was one of them.When you quit voting,stop reading,and or watching the news,and no longer care...I submit that you HAVE given up....