In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Option B:

Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
You see a lot of posts here about angry gun owners that are fed up with losing their 2nd Amendment rights. We invest hundreds of millions of dollars annually in organizations to fight for our rights but is there a better way?....

What if we somehow had an American gun owner proclaim enough is enough...we can't fix Washington, the city folk are outweighing our voice in Congress...time for Option B...

Option B is not a civil war or armed rebellion to get our right to self defense back from our Government, Uncle Sam would cut us down immediately and label us 'domestic terrorists'. What if 100,000 of us banded together and planned a coupe of Canada? Strategic strikes cutting com and power, armed groups of 20,000 each arising across the border at certain points....Canada has less than 60,000 in it's military.

Could American's take all or part of Canada, hold it and proclaim it a new sovereign nation?

Heh it's not a thought on overthrowing our own govt....just our neighbors...that ain't illegal right? Would the US step in and stop it's citizens from taking an Ally?

http://www.worldnewsstand.net/law/No_Justice.htm

Comments

• ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think either way you end up fighting the U.S. government. We are about as close to total enslavement as one can be without officially being proclaimed slaves. Taking Canada is a proposal never even considered by myself so I'll need a while to chew on that. I suppose it could happen if you could do it quietly, but once you took it and the U.S. government found out about it, they would come and take it from you. Unless you could amass an armed force of around 2,500,000 to 3,000,000 and when we got there we armed the citizenry for a battle against the U.S.

Seems to me that there are alot of holes in this but interesting none the less. It's nice to have some fresh topics to discuss. Even if they're nuts.[;)][:D]

There are two kinds of people in this World....Those who lead....and those who get the hell out of the way...GUT CHECK!...Which one are you?
  • Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    Nuts...maybe..

But we would have Halliburton and Big Oil on our side....Canada's Oil Reserves are 2nd to Saudi Arabia:
    http://www.rense.com/general37/petrol.htm

If we made a deal with Dick Cheney to give him 50% ownership rights to all oil in Canada....I think he'd keep the Pentagon off of us.

http://www.worldnewsstand.net/law/No_Justice.htm
    edited November -1
    Well alright then it's settled we meet up next saturday in minnesota. We're going to take Canada. We need a theme song like from 'Rocky" or something. And a flag, oh and we need a color guard. We should be able to wrangle up 6 or 7 here and then I guess we can try the local VFW or Lions club for soldiers. Who knows maybe we can get Jesse 'the Body' Ventura to join us since we'll be in his neck of the woods.

There are two kinds of people in this World....Those who lead....and those who get the hell out of the way...GUT CHECK!...Which one are you?
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    This option was debated concerning Belieze...or some of the small South American countries run by ditators.

Many believe that the U.S. government CANNOT afford for a group of citizens to actually attempt to run a country as an actual Republic...the differences between what there IS...and what SHOULD be...would be entirely too striking.
    The general belief was that there would be a wet team sent in...and the the movers and shakers would be cut down.
    edited November -1
    Wouldn't it be great to send that wet team home in boxes?

edited November -1
    Of course.
    The next thing that happens is....a cruise missle inserted up the backside.

The rest of the story is simple...there AIN'T NO RUNNING. The battle must be fought right here...win or lose.

These rotten basta*** cannot be allowed to command as much power as God, nearly..they will destroy any culture attempting to restore freedom...anywhere in the world.

Nothing for it, boys..... we can do nothing but hunker down and wait them out.NO VIOLENCE..OBEY THE LAWS..AND PRAY there is a God, and he helps those trying to do right.
    The day will come the slimy slugs pass that one law that decent Americans can no longer live with....
    edited November -1
    My only thought on this, Highball, is that we, as a nation, are quite stupid actually and the prospect of these American sloth getting up off of their couches, sofas, and divans are astronomical in the sense of probability. Thus relying on the 3% is all we have that may be counted, but that is still one hell of a lot of guns for any defense of our rights and country, should they try and take them. Civil disobedience, this is the only answer until they punch that final button, then the dogs of hell come marching home! MOLON LABE!- comengetit

edited November -1
    Naturally, were I stupid enough to live in a hellhole like Southern Calif..I would ignore the "TURN THEM IN LAWS"...and prepare for the eventual discovery that I had done so.
  • codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
    I really, actually, like the idea of doing exactly that. A few years back,I used to live in Ogdensburg, NY right on the Canadian Border. It was invaded from there by something like 60-70 Americans while the river froze solid as it still does every year-thick enough to drive tank on if need be. I am available to provide local intel and recon.

When the meekest of men raise their fist at you in defiance, you have lost. It is just a matter then of admitting it to yourself.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by codenamepaul
    I really, actually, like the idea of doing exactly that. A few years back,I used to live in Ogdensburg, NY right on the Canadian Border. It was invaded from there by something like 60-70 Americans while the river froze solid as it still does every year-thick enough to drive tank on if need be. I am available to provide local intel and recon.

When the meekest of men raise their fist at you in defiance, you have lost. It is just a matter then of admitting it to yourself.

Good God we're going to take Canada. What will we do with it, it's cold and dreary and all the people there are two-faced wackos. I suppose the spoils would be worth it but what would we do, instill a new government and run the whole country? Damn I don't want to be in the government building business. Just the tearing it down part for me thanks. Wouldn't it be better to take Mexico and kick all their * down to South America. Beautiful beaches, nice climate, strategic location, and the worst military on the planet, save Portugal.

How about an Island of size like Madagascar or maybe the Canary Islands, Canada is just too damn cold. Besides, if we take Canada we will have to deal with a snitload of liberals who don't even speak english. I don't know about you guys but I have no desire to EVER have relations of ANY kind with the back-stabbing, low-life, ugly language speaking, uppity, spit on our soldiers grave French. They can kiss my *, Frenchy if you're out there, you ungrateful twit, I'm thinking maybe we'll go take France. Why not everyone else has and we keep taking it and giving it back to the wimpy 6astards. Maybe we should take it and keep it. They act like they have really good wine, there is a lot better out there, what the hell is a bistro and all the old women look the same with three teeth, fat, and wearing the old maid outfits and don't forget those shoes the fashion police won't even go near France anymore, they don't have enough citations. They did have Michele Nostradamus but he's long dead, even he says we should take france away. Well, in so many words he does.[;)]

upsdFlag.gif
  • shootstrightshootstright Member Posts: 342 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Comengetit
    Canada would be easy the western providences and gun owners would help us and the libs would run north and freeze . [:D]
    edited November -1
    I all about frozen liberals! Hell that sounds like it'd be worth it just to freeze up the libs and then we could even sell it back to 'em. I would have given it back to them but they are starting to go by way of the French. Nah, sell it to 'em, sell it for all their women. Hey, they have some hot women in Canada. I'm married but I like to look out for my brethren.

upsdFlag.gif
    edited November -1
    I still think this could actually be done!!!!!

• tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Comengetit
    quote:Originally posted by codenamepaul

Good God we're going to take Canada. What will we do with it, it's cold and dreary and all the people there are two-faced wackos. I suppose the spoils would be worth it but what would we do, instill a new government and run the whole country? Damn I don't want to be in the government building business. Just the tearing it down part for me thanks. Wouldn't it be better to take Mexico and kick all their * down to South America. Beautiful beaches, nice climate, strategic location, and the worst military on the planet, save Portugal.

How about an Island of size like Madagascar or maybe the Canary Islands, Canada is just too damn cold. Besides, if we take Canada we will have to deal with a snitload of liberals who don't even speak english. I don't know about you guys but I have no desire to EVER have relations of ANY kind with the back-stabbing, low-life, ugly language speaking, uppity, spit on our soldiers grave French. They can kiss my *, Frenchy if you're out there, you ungrateful twit, I'm thinking maybe we'll go take France. Why not everyone else has and we keep taking it and giving it back to the wimpy 6astards. Maybe we should take it and keep it. They act like they have really good wine, there is a lot better out there, what the hell is a bistro and all the old women look the same with three teeth, fat, and wearing the old maid outfits and don't forget those shoes the fashion police won't even go near France anymore, they don't have enough citations. They did have Michele Nostradamus but he's long dead, even he says we should take france away. Well, in so many words he does.[;)]

upsdFlag.gif

OK, I can't help myself. the above is one of the most creatively funny things I have read in a long, long time.

f2520l.jpg
  • DefenderDefender Member Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This would be easier in Mexico. Better weather too. The Mexican government need to be replaced to bring the free market to this snakepit millions flee every year.

Defender
    Private investigator licensed in AZ & CA that specializes in self defense cases.
    edited November -1
    Okay, Mexico then. I do believe they would be a better foe than Canada anyway. And a victory too easily won is no victory.