In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Off Topic But ?.

Wagon WheelWagon Wheel Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
Off Topic But ..

Have any of your ever see or heard about "Hog-Zilla"??

Either way you need to check this out!!!

Boy Bags Wild Hog Bigger Than 'Hogzilla':
http://www.breitbart.com:80/article.php?id=D8PBKB5G0&show_article=1&image=large

Comments

• bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hate when they place the hunter 10 feet behind the animal to make it look even bigger.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I have seen the pics awhile ago. I would sooner belive it was farm raised and released for a richy rich to "hunt" right out in the barnyard next to the woods. You will notice how "hogzilla" has very little body hair, which it WOULD have IF it were truely wild.
  • Wagon WheelWagon Wheel Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    freemind - bpost1958:

Believe what you like. National Geographic verified "Hog-Zilla" with exception of the stated/claimed size. He was at one time domesticated. Gone feral, crossed with Russians and kicking out 2-3 litters a year, there are probable a lot of these monsters running the swamplands. Nocturnal by nature, it's hard to just get a casual glimpse. Kinda like seeing `Bigfoot", you gotta be lookin'. There have been numerous other programs documenting escaped "Domestic Hogs" going feral and crossbreeding with the true "Russian" wild hogs. Hence, wild hogs with a domestic coloration and body type. The entire, domestic to feral, transition is complete within 3 weeks.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have seen some very big ones in my day,.........but that one takes the award for the largest I have ever seen.
    I just hope they actually "use" it![;)]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
    edited November -1
    Marc1301:

They said they plan on makin' sausage out of it. I have no doubt. One that size will probably be on the tough side. But, the secret is to slow cook it. If you ever wrap your mouth around some wild hog meat, it'll ruin you forever. Store bought can't compare. I process my own and my girlfriend prefers it to anything store bought: beef, pork or lamb. She even prefers it to venison, go figure, and I must admit, it DOES have more natural flavor and moisture than venison.
  • whompusswhompuss Member Posts: 737 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I grew up on a farm and we slaughtered our own hogs for food. Any young male whether for our use or for sale on the market had to be neutered at a young age; first to enhance growth and second because if you cook an un neutered male the meat will stink.
    How do you handle this when cooking feral males? Is there a marinade or spice to take care of the problem?
    edited November -1
    Whompuss:

You have to remove ALL the glands. (Similar to those found in the armpit on a squirrel). That's exactly Why I do my own. I completely bone them out except for the ribs of course. Depending on the size, I'll occasionally leave the backstrap and tenderloins attached and cut the backbone into killer grillin' chops. If you remove the glands and you'll never know the difference between gilt, a sow or a boar. Except the younger ones are more tender. You should still slow cook it though.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Off topic?

You mean....

WRONG forum. [;)]