In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

OK,So....WHAT Will it Take to make

longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
The people tp fight.We have explored this avenue every other way.So this last one is a question,for those that figure that they won't go out Fighting for theirs and there childrens rights.(Other than In the box) What Would it take??Really think on it,What would it take for you to respond to a call...This is no call to arms,but wondering just what you each think would be the final straw that would make you respond as our founders did......To give up ALL...EVERYTHING,Your land,your wealth,friends,family,indeed your life.What will/would it take to make you get to that point? Another hypothetical question to be sure but I am truely interested....?

Comments

• pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What will it take to wake people up, and make them fight?
    Well, Kent state did not do it.
    Ruby ridge did not do it.
    Waco was also not enough, well except for Timothy McVeigh.
    That one woke him up.

I am afraid for most sheeple that there is NOTHING that they will not swallow.
    No matter how morbid the atrocities are, that are committed against their fellow man.
    No matter how unconstitutional the laws are. that get passed.
    As long as it does not effect them personally.

(edit) Gone now....

But consider (as I have said before) fighting the soldiers on the street (the ones that are just following orders) will not get anyone very far. All it will do is get people killed, on both sides. The fighting on the street could literally go on for years, without ever accomplishing anything.

Like I said, for most sheeple, there will never be any "one" incident that will bring them to their feet. They will live out their lives on their knees, and never even question, why their pants get dirty.

Enough rambling.......

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    longhunter; that is a fair and interesting question you have posted. And maybe a dangerous one was well for any of us that would answer with words that included violent actions against our "legitimate" government. There is no way we can know who is reading and logging our replys. And of course I know that few governemnt agencies have the manpower to assign an agent to sit and read GB.com, just for one example, but even someone as uneducated in computer operations and functions knows that it is possible to moniter huge volumes of internet traffic by "flagging" certain phrases or words such as anti-government, violence, take to the streets, revolution (think I have their attention yet) and then that particular internet conversation would be targeted for detailed review. In the past I have revealed about as much as I want to about what I would do in such a case as you describe. But I will add that if anyone of my innocent, loved-ones were harmed or imprisoned without cause, I would probably take up the fight then and there. How far I would carry that fight would depend on who depends on me if I left them behind (with or against my will).

Quote "When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions."
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Gun Ban; Authority to go door to door to get them.

Will then be time.

quote:pickenup
    excellent line of thought.

The man that pokes his head up as 'leader'..will be killed within 24 hours.

Why do you suppose they are so concerned about 'leaderless resistance'...hmmmm ???
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    Trfox,It is afterall a hypothetical question.And I for one am not prone to advocate violence.As to the powers that be looking at responses...I understand and appreciate your concern.It is however supposed to be a free country with free speech isn't it? I am aware of the concerns of this modern world,however to think that a cooledge boy who may be doing a paper on just such a subject would be suspect is just the problem that I was attempting to make all aware of.My reference to the box I am sure you all understood was to the Ballot box.The place where the fight is being waged now.And where it should stay.I wondered just who would respond at all to something like this...just what does freedom mean? We must ponder THAT question before we can answer many others....My desire is to EDUCATE,not to incite anything other than the will to control our own lives thru our own system as laid down all those years ago. It is the POWER of the vote that can get this done.
    We fight together every day friends,those of us that spend time educating,learning,getting folks out to vote.Donating recources,whatever they may be to the cause...it is the AMERICAN way.........
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    lot's of truth there longhunter.

Quote "When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions."
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    Guess that I didn't "word"this one quite right.[:(]
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Nahhh,longhunter...Worded right,all right.

Unfortunately,we live in a world where free speech ain't...and most folks prefer to try and slide under the radar.

Not sure I disagree with them..because some must be left to carry the ball...