In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Threats to CCW laws?

rossowmnrossowmn Member Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭
Minnesota CCW supporters a few days ago celebrated the first birthday of the state's CCW law by holding a rally at the Capitol. Also there were anti-gunners (almost all women) who want the law repealed. (It passed a year ago after a seven-year effort.) Repeal won't happen soon, with a pro-gun Republican as governor. But my question is this: Have those of you in other states with CCW laws experienced any serious threats to the law once it was passed? I know there will always be doomsayers who want such laws changed, but are the threats ever serious enough to worry about?

Comments

• pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not so far here in CO.
    I worry more on the national level.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • ArmaliteA4ArmaliteA4 Member Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have had it in In for a very long time. Even with a couple of anti-gun governers over the years, we haven't had any threats to our ccw or anything else.[;)]

You may take the most gallant sailor,the most intrepid airman,or the most audacious soldier,put them together at a table.
    What do you get?
    The sum of their fears
    -Winston Churchhill
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The gremlins have put a wrench in the works here in MO and at this time my county is not accepting applications yet. Some other counties have accepted apps but so far I haven't seen anyone actually receive a permit.

Mobuck
  • Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No problems here in Louisiana, and in fact, almost every LEO I've talked with are positive about concealed carry.

John

A friend will post your bail. A good friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "man that was fun!"
  • capnbillcapnbill Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I suppose the threat will be ever with us. Here in Mo we are still awaiting the sheriff to issue our ccw permits. I was the 50th applicant in my county. It's been almost 45 days(supposedly, the maximum wait for the background checks, etc.)

Bill
  • oldgunneroldgunner Member Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As captn suggests, there will always be some insecurity, but I think we're pretty safe for the most part. Handgun carry has been very popular and still is, in the two states I've lived in reecently. Tennessee and South Carolina.Both states have had a significant reduction in violent crime, and voters seem to be thrilled..

There are no bad guns, only bad people.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    capnbill,
    You may be looking for it soon. Read this thread from another from MO.
    http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=108066

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • capnbillcapnbill Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll be heading for the sheriff's office on Monday to see if he's a man of his word!! (it'll be 45 days since I applied for my ccw permit)

Bill