In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

NO FIREARMS ALLOWED

remington nutremington nut Member Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
i live in virginia and build houses in a very upscale private neighborhood with gate gaurds and such, upon entering the subdivision the gaurds hand you a *rules* list, and on the list no firearms are allowed whatsoever, i didn't think that they could tell you not to bring firearms in your vehicle into the neighborhood, i can carry my guns anywhere else in the state pretty much, do they have the right to keep firearms out?

Comments

• jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    As a rule of thumb, I always defer to the constitution. I just prefer to follow the rules made by the creators of this country, not the destroyers of it. But you can get into trouble if you choose not to adhere to un-constitutional laws. Bottom line, personal choice.

jpwolf.gifawcountdown_sm.gif

"If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace" -Thomas Paine

If the people have become so apathetic that they will not vote out all the liberal scum (republican and democrat alike), the only solution is Constitutional Convention II the sequel. Let's get it right this time.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands of those who feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you. May posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    - Samuel Adams
  • Texas Gun RunnerTexas Gun Runner Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. Are they going to actually search your vehicle? Ever heard of the 4th ammendment? Who's going to know unless you actually have to shoot someone?

Rebellion to Tyrants is obedience to God--Thomas Jefferson
    The only way Governments can induce citizens to surrender their rights is convincing them that by doing so, they will gain a measure of safety in exchange.--Thomas Jefferson
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In Virginia, your concealed carry law states place that you can NOT carry.

quote:?18.2-308: Private property when prohibited by the owner of the property, or where posted as prohibited.

Is this neighborhood "public" property, or is it indeed "private" property?
    Sounds like it might be private property, by what you have posted.
    In which case, by your state law, they can forbid you to carry.

You might be able to tell by finding out if the streets are maintained by public or private means?
    Or other services like that.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • silver6silver6 Member Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In Virginia, one may carry a handgun in the open with no license. Loaded handguns on the seat or dashboard in plain view while in a vehicle are fine.

If god meant for us to talk more than we listened he'd have given us one ear and two mouths- Vince Lombardi
  • jack85jack85 Member Posts: 211 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:In Virginia, one may carry a handgun...with no license. Loaded handguns...in a vehicle are fine.

I'm just gonna shut up and cry for now...while thinking about; How to revolt against "Democratic Machine" up here in Crook.. err...Cook County.
  • remington nutremington nut Member Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks guys.. this is indeed a PRIVATE neighborhood, which i suppose they can forbid having a firearm in my vehicle while on said property, i always carry all of my firearms in plain few so as not to conceal them, but if i do park my vehicle to go inside of a store or whathaveyou, i lock and cover the firearm, unless it's a long gun then i just lock the vehicle
  • RadCatRadCat Member Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is one little "loophole" that very often works for some.

Designate yourself, or someone in your employ as "security personnel". Make it a part of the "job description" for that person a "requirement to carry a firearm" in the performance of/their duties. Put that in writing in the form of an employers I.D. Card. Obtain a State issued license if necessary for that job description. Anybody is entitled/allowed the hiring of an armed guard from an Agency or as "your company's" permanent employee. Consult your insurance company for "bonding" requirements.

Once this is done, and the "guard at the guard house" is unformed, usually there is no problem as it would be illegal for them to "interfere" with your requirements during performance of your duties.

Sometimes this same set of parameters will give you the "justification" needed in some states that are restrictive in the issuing/obtaining a carry permit.