In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Anti -Gun Aol Continues to Block Ohioans For C.C.W

bucksnort73bucksnort73 Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
ANTI-GUN AOL CONTINUES BLOCKING OFCC
Heads Up: American Online, in its typical wisdom, has blocked OFCC's mail servers, and only our mail servers. If you're a customer of AOL you are being denied access to urgent OFCC email alerts and can not participate in our CCW-TALK discussion forum via email.
We have complied with AOL's automated requests to be removed from their list, and we were rejected with the following automated excuse: "complaints". If you are an AOL customer we strongly suggest that you cancel your service immediately and find a reputable ISP that isn't anti-gun and doesn't play games with legitimate email being sent to you. Our mailing lists meet or exceed Internet standards by requiring you to subscribe yourself and then later confirm you requested the subscription -- AOL has no legitimate reason to prevent you from receiving mail from Ohioans For Concealed Carry -- if you intend to remain a customer of this anti-gun company we highly suggest that you call and complain about this practice, or you will remain incapable of receiving email from OFCC as long as they insist on keeping up this game of discarding our email and ignoring our attempts to comply with their removal procedures.

American Online has informed us that this could take "up to three days" to resolve. We've informed them that this message is now on our website. Call AOL and cancel your service, citing ticket number #684640 with the postmaster group of AOL. Isn't it time you found a real ISP?

Comments

• Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    File a Better Business Bureau Complaint online with them.

Companies hate negative publicity which may effect investing into their evil acts.

125_button_kerry_nodeal.gif
  • WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are a few companies that are just overtly anti-gun, AOL is one of them. They were even blocking access to gun websites a couple of years ago.

I know the NRA has the "boycott list" of supposed anti-gun companies, but it is sometimes hard to draw the connection. For example, if I buy a bottle of beer at 7/11 then I'm apparently supporting an anti-gun business. But with AOL it is obvious to see the connection, since they are actually inhibiting pro-gun folks from communicating. So much for the 1st Ammendment.

BTW, if any of you want to see the boycott list, her it is:

http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?ID=15

"History will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." -Gandhi
  • Broomie2Broomie2 Member Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If memory servers me right, didn't AOL try block ************ awhile back, say about a year ago?

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.
  • bucksnort73bucksnort73 Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I called AOL about it and the rep said that he wasn't aware of it, and there wasn't anything noted in his computer about it. He checked out the website saw the article got his supervisor and said that there would be a report made.
    in other words i got the runaround
    Here is the site, 2 or 3 sections down in the center of page
    http://www.ohioccw.org/

Also went to key word (feedback) on aol and asked why and pasted the article
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is ANOTHER in the long list of things that are wrong with AOL.
    Luckily enough, I was warned about them before they could corrupt my computer.

The gene pool needs chlorine.