In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Why must we conceal....?

2»

Comments

• gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wounded Wolf:

"This is caused by IGNORANCE, for which the only cure is ENLIGHTENMENT"

My thoughts:

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. You can allow a liberal to see the writing on the wall, but he/she will only insist that it is graffiti.

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Remember how many seats were lost after AWB passage? Vae victis!
    Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
  • WranglerWrangler Member Posts: 5,788
    edited November -1
    We must conceal because I want to see the look on the POS criminal's face when I pull out my gun and point it at his head.
  • zamboni68zamboni68 Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wrangler--

I think you missed the purpose of this thread. I am not debating whether we should carry, I was simply questioning the idea of conceal vs. open carry...

Reading back you'll see the array of ideas on this topic.

Thanks for checking in!

KEVIN
  • WranglerWrangler Member Posts: 5,788
    edited November -1
    Just my daily release of bravado.
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here's a tragic story concerning people vs. coward liberals. A true one, that occured only two weeks after this posting.

My little brother had began working at a new company. After working theree two weeks, one of the cowards he works with looked in his car and saw an Airsoft plastic pellet gun shaped like an HK USP .45 (I admit, it looks almost exactly like a real one, except for that bright orange tip on the barrel), and this coward alerted the company about it being in his car, had the police out there, and then found out it was only a toy gun, and the police left....

...and they fired him anyway. Is that, or is that not the stupidest thing you've ever heard? Hell, I won't even bring a supersoaker to work in my car after hearing that story, now.

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
    "Followers of Christ, be armed."
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    This no doubt will go down in history as the "Age of Cowards,Queislings,and Informants "

What a pretty sight "American Manhood" is today...the Founders would spit on all of us.We for knowningly allowing the preversion of what they left us...the others for their stupidity at not even knowing...or caring.
  • Hunter375Hunter375 Member Posts: 612 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by zamboni68
    Wrangler--

I think you missed the purpose of this thread. I am not debating whether we should carry, I was simply questioning the idea of conceal vs. open carry...

Reading back you'll see the array of ideas on this topic.

Thanks for checking in!

KEVIN

Here in Colorado it is legal to carry openly anywhere that it is not specifically prohibited (court houses, police dept's, etc) That said, it is not always a good idea. It leads to funny looks from people and police harassment. I have had no problems here in Elbert county (I have talked to county cops at convenience stores with my S&W 1006 on my hip) but I have not gotten the gumshoe to carry openly in city of Denver. Not worth the hassle sometimes. CCW makes appearance a non-issue.

Liberal compassion inhibits progress.........think Republican and prosper!
  • DefenderDefender Member Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Open carry is based on the theory that you can keep some distance from the guy carrying a gun and won?_Tt agitate him into an unnecessary shooting.

Those days of this tortured logic are long gone. Now when a person is openly carrying a firearm the local nitwits want to pick a fight or know they can fabricate an allegation that the gun carrier pointed that gun with a simple call to 911. It?_Ts a guaranteed trip to jail for the gun carrier and in Arizona will bring a mandatory five-year prison sentence with the lifetime felony conviction. As for the moron that makes the phony accusation, he will get classified as a victim and get special rights and government compensation under the victim?_Ts rights laws being passed across the country like wildfire.

You?_Tre far better off simply concealing the weapon, which is only a misdemeanor in most places. You do enjoy some meager protection against unreasonable police searches under the Fourth Amendment.

An exposed firearm is far more likely to be involved in a breach of the peace any day than a concealed weapon assuming the gun is carried for simple self-defense. You?_Tre both safer and less likely to go to jail if you break laws against concealment and hide your gun.

Defender
    Private investigator licensed in AZ & CA that specializes in self defense cases.
  • zamboni68zamboni68 Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Isn't it a sad twist of fate that something so fundamental as the Right to Bear Arms has become such a "hot" political issue? It would be like apologizing for liking America and apple pie...it's not natural.

I want to carry a weapon, and that's my right. I understand the realistic confines of carrying a weapon openly in our pathetic country that wants to demasculanize it's citizens and ask us to rely upon the apathetic law enforcement officers....I am just disappointed in the direction this country has taken in the last 125 years.

Thank you all for the great discussions!