In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

kevin redrick gun conviction trial july 10 2006

kevin redrickkevin redrick Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
edited September 2006 in Gun Rights and Constitutional Law
hell0 gun broker forum.
its been a while.
those who dont know me please read all 4 of my post, which pertain to my firearms being seized by the los angeles police dept, and police chief william j bratton.
i have been fighting this case since oct 4 2005 o400 hrs, when i was arrested.
well on june 28 20006 my case finally wen to trial in div 132 15th floor la criminal court house.

i did nt have a chance in hell.
on july 10 2006 i was found guilty on 4 felony charges.
1 possession of 7 assult weapons
2 possession of 10 rounds of bird busters.
3 possession of a frostwood bowie knife, witha a knuckle guard
4possession of a $4.69 pen knife.
i have to turn myself in for sentencing on august 7 2006 at 8 30 am/
the judge said i can get 5 years.
well i would not take any plea deals, or probation because im %100 innocent/
i will fight my case behind bars.
so thanks to all who supported me.

the tesifying detective jerry kowalsky told the jury that he was an expert on machine gun use, assult weapon ownership, and use, etc.
yet he produced no documents, certificates, diplomas, etc to back his
testimony.
however judge stephen a marcus, allowed the detectives, testimony to used as an expert witness.

the district attorney ms reid aslo, told the jury i had a criminal record.
none of it was true.

the jury seemed angry at me before the start of my trial.
on my lunch breaks, i often found myself being followed by, several jurors, and a court clerk once.
they used text messages, to inform the court about my whereabouts.

detective kowalsky, told the jurt that the los angeles police dept, often used the sellier and bellot bird busters, during raids,
lapd would fire the bird busters, over the suspects heads, during raids.

i was doomed from the start.

i will surrender to the court for sentencing on august 7 2006 at 830 am.
i will continue to fight this unjust conviction from behind bars, in state prison.

the district attorney, and my public defender salvador salgado committed the following, misconduct, to insure i was wrongfully convicted

prosecutorial misconduct
jury tampering
fabrication of evidence
misleading, false statemets,m as to a criminal history of mines, which does not exist..

be advised their is a web site www.miragetechnologies.com, that has info on the purchase and ownership, of bird busters aka bird bombs.

again this fight, to our rightful ownership, to bear arms is far from over.

i was amazed, that even before the jury read, my verdit, i was given a document, by public defender salvador salgado, which state a notice intent to destroy exhibits, of mines used to prosecute me.
i knew i was found guilty, before the verdit was read....

judge stephen a marcus, told the jury that they must find me guilty, on the possession of a egyptian maddi rifle because, that state says its illegal to own this post ban rifle?

any evidence that was to my favor, was rated inadmissible, such as purchase invoices for the items purchased in 1994.
bird busters
a jim frost wood bowie knife with a attached knuckle guard, and 6 post ban california purchased sporter rifles.

my case went through 7 judges
4 district attorneys
3 public defenders
and 26 court appearances, before my unjust conviction?

the politicians who responded to my plea for assistance via mail, did not help me.
california state senator dianne feinstein. did contact the governors, office, acccording to her reply letter.
yet i got no assistance from the governor...

remember i will take my case to the supreme court on a appeals motion.

please continue to inform the media, chat rooms, web sites about my struggle, to bear arms in califfornia...

and again to all, remember i got no assistance from the n.r.a/national rifle association...
i was told that the n.r.a, refuses, to aid me because my case involves police corruption.
cops make up a large membership, in the n.r.a.
the n.r.a, does not think its wise, to go against cops, who may membership dues.
well i was a life time member, yet i did not even get an email reply from the n.r.a.
however the california rifle and pistol association, did write me back
and refered my plea for help to a pro-cop attorney.

my conviction could not have been possible without the continous assistance of my public defender mr. salgado, informing the police and the d.a.,s office on my strategic legal moves.

i was basically convicted on hear-say, from 2 corrupt ,dis-honest, in-experienced, detectives.

what will happen to the remaining 23 firearms confiscated is unknownwn at this time.

that fate will be determined on agust 7 2006, by presiding judge
stephen a marcus.

with so many civil right violations, illegal court rulings, and corrupt judicial officials, 7 judges so far.
i and others are baffled as to why, the california commission on judicial performance, has refused to investigate, the illegal court tactics, and rulings that some of these judges, participated in during my entire trial.

a hand book issued by the california dept of justice, that was brought to court by detective kowalsky, could have aided my case, and defense.
this book wolud have given some detail, info, photo comparison, and balance, as to what assult weapons are and how they can be easily mistaken, to be labeled as, an assult weapon.

however again presiding judge mr marcuus, displayed his judicial favortism, for the state, and the d.a,s office, and ruled in the states
favor, claiming that this hand book was inadmissible?.

any evidence, ideas, or suggestions, that could assist me in my defense, was ruled inadmissible, or not introduced, in my trial
per my attorney,s choice some times.

p.s
to law enforcement officials
to those in the law enforcement community, who have read this post, and other articles of mines, and have taken a position, that i am bias, or have great disdain, for police officers.

you are mistaken.

the majority of police offficers, in this country, are dedicated, decent, hard working, honest, law abiding citizens, who protect our
communities, and insure our personal safety, on a daily basis.
your service is greatly appreciated on my behalf...

my case pertains only to a few bad apples, in the field.

thanks kevin redrick
california criminal case
ba29134701
inmate booking number 8761400
lapd internal affairs complaint number cf#05-1800
again where was the n.r.a.

Comments

• tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Sad. Very sad.
  • WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kevin, you are a better man than I. Any government that would attempt to put me in shackles, when in my heart I knew I was 100% innocent, would not succeed, one way or another.

You are a man of principle. I wish you a miracle, if God has one to give to you. We here have done little for you, nothing really. Even from the beginning it seemed like we were all pissing in the wind.

Will your fate be shared by the rest of us? I fear so. For all of the talk of fighting and patriotism, I fear this is how it will come, slow and crippling, one by one. We may all succumb to the grotesque nature of this beast we have created.

May God bless you and your family.
  • jaflowersjaflowers Member Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kevin,
    Real sorry to hear you got soooo railroaded by the system. I personally feel like WW that I could not have gone as quietly as you. I have one piece of advice, leave the country. It has betrayed you and condemned you for a right guarenteed by our Constitution and now they want to put you in jail with real criminals. It isn't right. Keep your freedom while you can. Good luck whatever your descision is. [V]
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    SAD news Kevin.
    Sorry to hear it turned out this way. [V]
  • tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wish you the best of luck, wish I could pay for an appeal for you
  • Slow_HandSlow_Hand Member Posts: 2,835
    edited November -1
    It's indeed unfortunate that you are in this position and so I wish you the very best in your struggle.

And, beyond that wish are these thoughts....

IMHO, you would do well to make sure that 5 years is the MAXIMUM term that the judge will give you for these "offenses" if you stand your ground and maintain your innocence before the court. 5 years by itself is a very long time. More than that is even longer - no humor intended.

Weigh any and all options very carefully beforehand because as far as the law is concerned, you are now deemed "convicted".

Lastly, a posture of sincerity and humility before the court can be very beneficial to someone like yourself, your guilt or innocence of the crimes aside. Neither will compromise your struggle to prove your innocence.

Good luck to you in your struggle. Keep the faith.
  • Slow_HandSlow_Hand Member Posts: 2,835
    edited November -1
    A suggestion:

Choose your words very carefully going forward and pay close attention to the forums in which you express your thoughts and opinions of this event.

Actual sentencing has not yet been handed down and there is nothing to be gained by spitting into the wind.

Good luck to you in your struggle. Keep the faith.
  • shootstrightshootstright Member Posts: 342 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [1] _Marbury vs Madison_ "All laws which are repugnant to the
    Constitution are null and void."

16th American Jurisprudence 2d, Section 177 late 2nd, section
    256: "No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no
    courts are bound to enforce it. The general rule is that an
    unconstitutional statute, though having the form and the name
    of law, is in reality no law, but is wholly void, and
    ineffective for any purpose, since unconstitutionality dates
    from the time of its enactment, and not merely from the date of
    the decision so branding it."
  • shootstrightshootstright Member Posts: 342 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible to live without breaking laws."
    --Ayn Rand
    Kevin was the NRA able to help? I got no reply from my e-mail to them about you and your case.
    This is one of the ways they have to keep one more of us from owning guns. They will make us all criminals.[:(]
  • KYfatboyKYfatboy Member Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kevin I am one who does respect authority, and tries to do things in A lawful manner. You sir have been railroaded, and in my opinion only, you are justifed in taking to the hills. Good luck to you man.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shootstright
    [1] _Marbury vs Madison_ "All laws which are repugnant to the
    Constitution are null and void."

16th American Jurisprudence 2d, Section 177 late 2nd, section
    256: "No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no
    courts are bound to enforce it. The general rule is that an
    unconstitutional statute, though having the form and the name
    of law, is in reality no law, but is wholly void, and
    ineffective for any purpose, since unconstitutionality dates
    from the time of its enactment, and not merely from the date of
    the decision so branding it."

I love the information contained in the above quote. However, it will give us cold comfort when one of us finds ourselves securally locked up in some prison, unable to freely associate and communicate with our family, friends, support network, etc., and to feel the tremendous weight and power of a "claimed" legitimate legal system planning on doing tremendous harm to us; and, by extension, to those who care about us and depend on us.

I only wish such words of freedom and enpowerment as contained in the above quoted post could jump off the page and function in the real world to help and protect the lawful, honest citizens. Sadly those words cannot provide that protection by themselves. Instead it takes money, organization(s), lawyers, determination and often even requires some suffering while an illegal, unjust arrest or new law works its way through the system.
    edited November -1
    Very well stated, TR.
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the compliment WW.
    In regards to Kevin's appeal, I was under the impression that, at least here in KS and MO, while the govt. would provide an attorney to defend you in a court case, they would not provide an attorney beyond that orginal court case (I.E., appeal to higher court). For Kevin's sake I hope I am wrong.
  • One shotOne shot Member Posts: 1,027
    edited November -1
    I am truely sorry to hear of the outcome of your case.
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kevin,

Do not lose faith, and thank you for you excellent communications. Most of us are not in a position to help you, but all of us can learn from your experience.

Get the Flock out of the ROC!
  • Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    Get a Mexican Matricula Consular ID card with a new name.

Get to a State that gives out drivers license's to people with that ID. Start a new life in a free State.

errr...Did I say that out loud?
  • kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1
    when 5 million AMERICAN MEN will stand up with me, we will help you... someday America is coming home to Americans..... The truly sad thing is, is the fact we wont take it upoun ourselves; We will let foreign nations push it on us.

Someday perhaps we can prevent poop like this... If you didnt use those weapons in any crime, I WANT YOU TO HAVE THEM, MY FRIEND!

SAVE AMERICA! Its your damn kids that have to live in it!!
  • Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    salvador salgado....is now an Alternate to be in the California State JUDICIAL COUNCIL, ABA HOUSE OF DELEGATES:

http://calbar.ca.gov/state/calbar/calbar_generic.jsp?cid=10144&n=62212

He has to be anti-gun to play with the big boys and suck up more money from the State.

THOMAS JEFFERSON'S PREDICTION FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE

"Our rulers will become corrupt, our People careless. The time for fixing every essential right on a legal basis is while our rulers are honest and ourselves united. From the conclusion of this war, we shall be going downhill. It will not then be necessary to resort every moment to the People for support. They will be forgotten, therefore, and their rights disregarded. They will forget themselves, but in the sole faculty of making money, and will never think of uniting to effect a due respect for their rights. The shackles, therefore, which will not be knocked off at the conclusion of the war, will remain on as long, will be made heavier and heavier, til our rights shall revive or expire in a convulsion. The people will be taxed for fifteen-sixteenths of their production. They will themselves pay the wages for those who place the shackles upon their own hands and feet."

-Thomas Jefferson, excerpted from "COMMENTS AND NOTES TO THE STATE OF VIRGINIA,", QUORY 17, PAGE 10, 1784

www.gwgorski.com/html/state_of_the_union.html
  • MrOrangeMrOrange Member Posts: 3,012
    edited November -1
    Has anybody found out exactly what Kevin was convicted of? I doubt the statutes state possession of a pen knife costing $4.69 is a crime.

I know from personal experience that just because you're not doing anything illegal doesn't mean you won't get arrested and stand trial. In my case I only ended up losing a $300 pistol, and figured I got off easy, especially when you consider that in relation to attorney's fees.

I've always said that the O.J. trial proved that color does matter in our legal system, and that color is green. I believe that, criminal or civil, if you're right and have a good lawyer, you will win 99.9% of the time, and I even tell that to the folks who say they're going to sue me or my employer. Too bad Kevin didn't get a good lawyer.

Is anybody in personal contact with him or his family? If anybody wants to help him out in prison you'd need his booked name and his prisoner ID number and you can put a few bucks in his kick. www.jpay.com can even take credit cards. Please don't ask how I know this.
  • gonzo1510gonzo1510 Member Posts: 751 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is there anyway Defender can look into Kevin's case?

Defender said he was licensed to practice here in CA. Has he looked into this matter?
    edited November -1
    quote: Is there anyway Defender can look into Kevin's case?

Already been done.