In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Can't we all find some common ground....

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
I have been here just a shor stint. In this time, in forums we should all be together on, we are all divided. Is this because people really are not/are sick of the way our society IS? Why can't we agree on much of anything? The problem with SO much diagreement is, there can NEVER be harmony and happiness.

Can't we agree that that all the politicians are crooked?
Can't we agree that our government is out of control?
Can't we agree that MANY laws on the books need REMOVED?
Can't we agree we don't have to comprimise away what is in black and white?
Can't we agree that the government should NOT deploy the military to kill us?
Can't we agree that millions of criminals should not be given a free pass?
Can't we agree that ANY amnesty is wrong based on the fact we did it once and made laws to help secure our borders?
Can't we agree that there is something seriously wrong when the borders are wide open and we are constantly worried about forgein invaders?
Can't we agree the time has come to read the Constitution and the Bill Of Rights and make a REAL decision as to what it means and STAND up for OUR beliefs and principles?
Can't we agree that the time has come to make a decision as to if you willing to live as a servant OR a freeman, not a little of each?

Guys, I really do respect you all, however, I think the time is here. The time to stand UP fo what we know is RIGHT. I am tired of the backward thinkers in this world. I am tired of the wishy-washy types whom change beliefs like underware. I am tired of the types that say ONE thing and SAY the opposite at the next convience. The time is here to divide those of worth with those whom are worthless.

Comments

• Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Can't we agree we don't have to comprimise away what is in black and white?

That is really the only sentence, out of your entire statement, that causes an issue. I understand what you are saying,........but different people see what is written in "black and white", in shades of gray often.
    Very good post, but the statement I made above, is also the reason that there is little, to no, response on the NRA petition.
    Certain things are "viewed" differently, by each individual.
    Believe it, or not,.........I am on the same path, that you are speaking of here.
    That is also why I have not made any further comments on that subject, as I kind of consider it a lost cause, at this point.
    Some want "threats", to the NRA,.........some will not participate, at all,...........and some want a "politically correct" letter written to them.
    It shows the divide on that issue,.........which falls under your point that I picked out, as the devisive one.
    Once again,.......good post![;)]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Well, ummm...Okay.

Given all that..I am not prepared to take up arms just yet.

I am enjoying the agony of the stupid amoung us...busily defending a government that is busily taking away EVERYTHING that is near and dear to them....
    Go to politics and read some of the posts, for just a taste..."loyalty of the volunteer troops'.

We are divided because MOST still buy into fedgov propaganda.."gun control is good for us".
  • Mr. GunzMr. Gunz Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by freemind
    I have been here just a shor stint. In this time, in forums we should all be together on, we are all divided. Is this because people really are not/are sick of the way our society IS? Why can't we agree on much of anything? The problem with SO much diagreement is, there can NEVER be harmony and happiness.

Can't we agree that that all the politicians are crooked?
    Can't we agree that our government is out of control?
    Can't we agree that MANY laws on the books need REMOVED?
    Can't we agree we don't have to comprimise away what is in black and white?
    Can't we agree that the government should NOT deploy the military to kill us?
    Can't we agree that millions of criminals should not be given a free pass?
    Can't we agree that ANY amnesty is wrong based on the fact we did it once and made laws to help secure our borders?
    Can't we agree that there is something seriously wrong when the borders are wide open and we are constantly worried about forgein invaders?
    Can't we agree the time has come to read the Constitution and the Bill Of Rights and make a REAL decision as to what it means and STAND up for OUR beliefs and principles?
    Can't we agree that the time has come to make a decision as to if you willing to live as a servant OR a freeman, not a little of each?

Guys, I really do respect you all, however, I think the time is here. The time to stand UP fo what we know is RIGHT. I am tired of the backward thinkers in this world. I am tired of the wishy-washy types whom change beliefs like underware. I am tired of the types that say ONE thing and SAY the opposite at the next convience. The time is here to divide those of worth with those whom are worthless.

yes
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Agreed;

As the old saying goes; As long as Americans can sit on their fat * in front of a big screen TV drinking a beer, keeping a full belly and a few bones in the checking account they won't get up to do anything about Government oppression or injustice.
  • whompusswhompuss Member Posts: 737 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Freemind:
    Well said- but easier said than done. Don't give up, keep posting and trying. Rome wasn't built (or torn down) in a day.
    Good post.
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess that depends. Do you want to stand up and be counted, or crawl on your belly.

If you are the stand up kind of guy, then yeah, I'm with ya'.
  • HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    No, we can't all agree...

Even in Revolutionary war times, only about one third of the folks were willing to "Stand Up" - and that's about all it EVER has taken throughout history, to fuel change.

So, the few percentages of Democrats, and not yet a majority of Republicans that have "Chapped Hides" does not yet comprise the roughly one-third of "The People" who must STAND UP to effect change. But the pot is on the fire, and it is nearly about to come to a boil.

It is my personal belief that this is why the Government is lax on immigration - they want some new imports to "cool the pot" just about now, people who have never had the freedoms we grew up with. The new "Citizens" (Ptah!) won't notice, and they will tip the balance of the votes juuust enough to keep the lid on the pot for a few years - long enough that by the time there is more than the roughly one third Pissed-off citizens resisting the changes they want to make, the government will have succeeded in making an "American Union", kinda like the European Union.

Look up the "Security and Prosperity Partnership" online...

(oh, by the way, it is in the Immigration bill now before the Senate, mentioned on page 211, beginning at line 9)
  • Wagon WheelWagon Wheel Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Handload:

quote:"It is my personal belief that this is why the Government is lax on immigration"
    Welcome to the forum.

If your Blood pressure is OK, do yourself a favor and read this. Then pass it on to all your friends and family. The level of this deception is ASTRONOMICAL!!!!

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/viewArticle.asp?articleID=28070