In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Zink

afartinthewindafartinthewind Member Posts: 100 ✭✭
Is in Fargo, hope he and his are all okay.

Comments

• Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Yep, just responded to a post by him in GD.
  • zinkzink Member Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We are above water! We WILL make it.

Lance
  • afartinthewindafartinthewind Member Posts: 100 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good to know. :)

Check out our weather this AM:

snow2-1.jpg
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by afartinthewind

snow2-1.jpg

On top of the flood we got about 8" of snow here where the water isn't. Now comes the melt off.

Lance
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    How's you doin' Zink??
  • Lonestar86Lonestar86 Member Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by zink

snow2-1.jpg

On top of the flood we got about 8" of snow here where the water isn't. Now comes the melt off.

Lance

Hey Link, I am a NDSU grad. Where in town are you located? Some buddies from school lost their houses near Oxbow, and by the river on the south end. He said his deck and duck boat are immigrating to Canada as we speak.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Lonestar86

snow2-1.jpg

Lance

Hey Link, I am a NDSU grad. Where in town are you located? Some buddies from school lost their houses near Oxbow, and by the river on the south end. He said his deck and duck boat are immigrating to Canada as we speak.

18th St S & 29th Ave. we got lucky, snow is melting slowly so it is giving the Red a chance to recede. More snow (10"-14") predicted starting tomorrow. yep, Oxbow got hit bad. I will say the people here are amazing, I have been in disaster situations before and have NEVER seen a community come together like this one has.

Lance
    edited November -1

snow2-1.jpg

Lance

18th St S & 29th Ave. we got lucky, snow is melting slowly so it is giving the Red a chance to recede. More snow (10"-14") predicted starting tomorrow. yep, Oxbow got hit bad. I will say the people here are amazing, I have been in disaster situations before and have NEVER seen a community come together like this one has.

Lance

That's good news, except for the snow. My folks are in a low area in Crookston and they said they dodged a bullet last Tuesday. I was in GF in 97 and we lost our house (grabbed the insurance check and headed to TX)

Your right, finest folks around up there. No bellyaching, just pulling together with a smile on their faces and hoping for the best while preparing for the worst. Folks in New Orleans could have taken a lesson from ya'll.

Glad to hear your high and dry.
    edited November -1
    Lonestar, if your parents need anything shoot me an e-mail and I'll do all I can. What part of texass you livin' in?
    edited November -1
    Lonestar, if your parents need anything shoot me an e-mail and I'll do all I can. What part of texass you livin' in?

I appreciate it. I went up over spring break and helped move everything. If nothing else the basement got cleaned out. :) They had to evacuate the house for two days when it got to 26 feet and then the freeze slowed the river flow and its now down to about 18 or 19. You could go order a Big Jim sandwich, and a schooner at Lauerman's to celebrate ya'lls victory over the river, that would put a smile on my face.

I'm in Sugar Land, just outside of Houston.
    edited November -1

I appreciate it. I went up over spring break and helped move everything. If nothing else the basement got cleaned out. :) They had to evacuate the house for two days when it got to 26 feet and then the freeze slowed the river flow and its now down to about 18 or 19. You could go order a Big Jim sandwich, and a schooner at Lauerman's to celebrate ya'lls victory over the river, that would put a smile on my face.

Offer is still open. When we win, the fat lady hasn't sung yet, I just might take up your suggestion. Tell them if they get over to Gander Mountain to stop by the gunsmith shop and say hi!

If you ever make it to Ruidoso, NM let me know, I've been gone for 4 years but still have friends/family there.

Lance
    edited November -1

Offer is still open. When we win, the fat lady hasn't sung yet, I just might take up your suggestion. Tell them if they get over to Gander Mountain to stop by the gunsmith shop and say hi!

If you ever make it to Ruidoso, NM let me know, I've been gone for 4 years but still have friends/family there.

Lance

dadgummit, we were just there when I was home, I fly in and out of Fargo. I will tell dad to do that, he is always looking for a good gunsmith. I will definitely stop in this summer. How are ya'll doing against Scheels? My buddy in Oxbow, his wife is a senior manager at Scheels. She used to run the West Acres store before it closed. I was really suprised to see ya'lls store there since Fargo is a Scheels company town.

I hunt elk Northwest of Albequrque (spelling?) beautiful country. I want to retire out there.

If you fish I will have to hook up with you and take you over to my cabin near Perham this summer.
    edited November -1
    We are holding our own, we are a small box store and the Scheels is a NICE one. My advantage is they don't have a gunsmith here. Make it to Ruidoso sometime, i used to see 200-300 elk a day there, area 36.

Look forward to going fishing,

Lance