In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Schwarznenegger signs AB962. Is your state next???

muzzleloader-2muzzleloader-2 Member Posts: 58 ✭✭
What are your thoughts on AB962? Here is a link to an overview of bill AB962 That takes affect in feb 2011.http://leftcoastconservative.blogspot.com/2009/03/ab-962-internet-ammunition-sales-to-be.html

Comments

• wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thats just wrong
  • concealedcarrieconcealedcarrie Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That post and links at the bottom of the post are from 2009. It doesn't look like there's been any action on it in a while.
  • muzzleloader-2muzzleloader-2 Member Posts: 58 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    AB962 has passed and was signed into law by Governor Schwartzenegger last week and will take effect in february of 2011. Internet sales of handgun ammunition to California will be illegal.Here is a link to a youtube video by Nutfancy which details the end goals of this bill. It is rather lengthy but is very informative.I have lived in California all of my 60yrs and purchased my first firearm right out of the Sears Catalog at age 16. No thumbprint, no background check, Just drove down to Sears and picked it up.My reason for this post was to make everyone aware of this bill and to be informed about what the Legislators in their state are up to. Here is the link to the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cyww1oDuTU
  • NOTPARSNOTPARS Member Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used to like his movies and used to live in California. I moved and I can't stomach the sight of him or his movies. What a sell-out...Benedict Arnold
  • laylandadlaylandad Member Posts: 961 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This will not solve any problems!! It will probably make them worse.
  • GONESHOOTINGGONESHOOTING Member Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Put a small tax on it and use it wisely, but wait that won't happen[V]
  • rcoanercoane Member Posts: 155 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I live Cali. I'm a blue collar redneck from the hills. I've hunted and fished all my life. I work with my back and brains. I feel like the next law will make being me or like me will be illegal. I'll get a letter that says get out we don't want your kind here any more.[V]
  • Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    I have been saying, 'There are only two types of people in my world, Traditionalists and progressives'. Arnnie is a progressive, always has been and always will be.[xx(]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jim Rau
    I have been saying, 'There are only two types of people in my world, Traditionalists and progressives'. Arnnie is a progressive, always has been and always will be.[xx(]

Rather those that belive in the constitution as written, and those that don't.

There are alot of folks that play off they are of the former, but are really the latter.
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Reload, purchase from neighboring states, etc.

There are ways around almost anything.
  • cccoopercccooper Member Posts: 4,044 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    True, by why all the unnecessary jumping through hoops for a RIGHT? Shall not be infringed is pretty clear to me. A gun with no ammo is a really expensive club. I really agree with Heinlein- "An armed society is a polite society".
  • 45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does anyone know how this will effect reloading components? Such as brass, bullets, primers? Brass I am pretty good on, it's the bullets I am thinking of.
  • Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cccooper
    True, by why all the unnecessary jumping through hoops for a RIGHT? Shall not be infringed is pretty clear to me. A gun with no ammo is a really expensive club. I really agree with Heinlein- "An armed society is a polite society".

Not always!!![V]
    See my signature line!!![;)]
  • fyrfinderfyrfinder Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess that is why ammo has been in such short supply and sells out big time at every local gun show. I try to keep at least a thousand rounds on hand for every different caliber firearm, but geeze it requires a bigger than a breadbox container. Man's gotta do what a man's gotta do though I guess.

[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]
  • muzzleloader-2muzzleloader-2 Member Posts: 58 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    For those who are interested, here is a link to the text of ab962. Nothing in the bill mentions reloading that I can see. However don`t be shocked if that comes up as an amendment to the bill in the future.Just think about it, no bullets, no brass, no primers, no powder, no reloads= not good. Also there is a bill in the works to repeal ab962 ( AB1663). Wake up Calif!!!!!!

http://www.ab962.org/ReadAB962.aspx
  • Deadred707Deadred707 Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by muzzleloader-2
    For those who are interested, here is a link to the text of ab962. Nothing in the bill mentions reloading that I can see. However don`t be shocked if that comes up as an amendment to the bill in the future.Just think about it, no bullets, no brass, no primers, no powder, no reloads= not good. Also there is a bill in the works to repeal ab962 ( AB1663). Wake up Calif!!!!!!

http://www.ab962.org/ReadAB962.aspx

Unfortunately this bill (AB1663) failed to pass the Public Safety Committee on March 23rd.