In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Importing a sidearm

MSchuMSchu Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
Does anyone know the facts here. I know if you are planning on bringing a new gun from outside calif, it must be on the approved list. What about consignment firearms or person to person transactions? can you buy an out of state sidearm from out of state using a FFL even if it is not on the approved list if it new or otherwise? I currently live in calif and am looking at a sale form florida. I posted this in teh expert forum but I wanted to ask teh group here. any help would be look upon with a big smile ^_^
Thanks
Schu

Comments

• Options
    EOD GuyEOD Guy Member Posts: 931
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MSchu
    Does anyone know the facts here. I know if you are planning on bringing a new gun from outside calif, it must be on the approved list. What about consignment firearms or person to person transactions? can you buy an out of state sidearm from out of state using a FFL even if it is not on the approved list if it new or otherwise? I currently live in calif and am looking at a sale form florida. I posted this in teh expert forum but I wanted to ask teh group here. any help would be look upon with a big smile ^_^
    Thanks
    Schu

Here is the quote from the California Penal Code, Section 12125.(a):

Commencing January 1, 2001, any person in this state who manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the state for sale, keeps for sale, offers or exposes for sale, gives, or lends any unsafe handgun shall be punished by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year.

An "unsafe handgun" is basically one that has not been tested and listed as approved or that is no longer on the approved list.

There are a some exceptions, but buying from an out of state seller is not one of them.
  • Options
    MSchuMSchu Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thats pretty clear. So if a manufacturer does not try for cerification thats it? I am not suggesting this, but If I have an out of state residence, can I bring a non list revolver into calif as a gun that I already own?
    Peace
    Schu
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    PLEASE CALL THE CDOJ.

I WOULD RATHER BE DUCK HUNTING.