In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Gun-grabbing ceasefire.org

MilongaMilonga Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
Was listening to John Stadtmiller on the subject of guns. I imagine you have heard of Ceasefire.org, an organization that works on "gun turn-in" programs, high school outreach, etc. The Oregon chapter has started a series of radio ads encouraging turn-ins in exchange for gift certificates. The initial ad was "houses with children shouldn't have guns" type of ad. A Methodist church in Salem, Oregon is offering a $50 gift certificate for food and goods in exchange for guns.

Seems to be a different spin on disarming America.

Comments

• kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    Hopefully they only get $50 guns[;)] Buybacks are a 'feel-good' step towards outlawing civilian ownership IMO

Love them Beavers
    info_EB.gif
    3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gifa5_193.gif3dflagsdotcom_israe_2fawm.gif
    Keeping the "Hairy League" in check since 1948
  • ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We should organize gun turn-ins give $50 per gun then bring them on gunbroker and sell them keep the proceeds for our cause. Except of course the really good ones. We'd have to have a giveaway for those.
    I'm liking this idea. The gun grabbers would go nuts if they found out we were taking guns off the streets only to put them back into law abiding gun owners hands at a profit. You gotta' love this country. Sometimes!

Consistency is the final refuge of the unimaginative
  • chunkstylechunkstyle Member Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think this a great idea! I'll have my own personal gun "buyback" program. It's prefectly legal for me, a law-abiding non-dealer, to buy a gun from another citizen of my state (MN), no Brady checks, no 4473's, no nothing (so long as the gun is not full-auto).

Hmm, I'd have to see something that had the seller's name on it, proving they are MN residents, like a utility bill. Other than that, I don't see any barriers here! Guns "off the street" and into my gun safe!

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    ~Sinclair Lewis, It Can't Happen Here

"Our enemies...never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
    ~President George W. Bush
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    John Stadtmiller , ehh ?
    Careful there, Milonga..a steady diet of that sort of thing will leave you not trusting authority...
  • MilongaMilonga Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, I wouldn't go as far as refusing to pay my taxes to the government leeches. [:)]
  • IAMAHUSKERIAMAHUSKER Member Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Comengetit

Put the guns back on the street! You should really restate that as taking the guns off the street and putting them into the hands of LAW ABIDING citizens. The press does enough with the missuse of words and phrases without our help. Thanks

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." --Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791. ME 8:276
    "Invoking time as a substitute for knowledge can be hazardous." Fred Redd
  • ComengetitComengetit Member Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You are correct sir, I shall restate the comment to read " back into the hands of responsible law abiding gun owners" or something similar. How would that be?
    LOL. You know, if you make enough posts you're bound to step on your own tongue sooner or later. Thanks for the heads up Huskerfan.

Consistency is the final refuge of the unimaginative