In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Proposed doubling of Nevada CCW Fees

WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
Nevada Assembly Bill 21 proposes a doubling of application fees for acquiring a CCW permit. It is sposored by the the Nevada Chiefs and Sheriffs Association. Below is a letter that I sent my local sheriff and state legislators:

To Members of the Nevada State Assembly Judiciary Committee, Lyon County Sheriff Allen Veil, and State Legislator Tom Grady,

I strongly encourage you to do everything in your power to stop the proposed fee increase for a Nevada Concealed Firearm Permit, as outlined in Assembly Bill 21.

As a resident of Lyon County, and a CCW permit holder, I can tell you that acquiring a Nevada CCW is already cost prohibitive to many people. I applied for my CCW permit in July of 2006 after spending over $200 dollars in certification and application fees, not including time and travel costs. I finally received my permit four months later. To increase these costs for law-abiding citizens wishing to exercise their human right of self-defense would only add further insult to the process.

Thank you for your attention to this issue.

NRA-ILA Alerts on this issue:

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?id=2592

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?id=2660

Comments

• HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    WW;
    Nothing surprising there at all. Once these slime-bags are given control of your life...they, like ticks, will drain every drop of blood from your body.
    As I have stated many times...CCW's take a right...make it a privilege..and force you to pay for what WAS YOURS TO START WITH...the NRA needs CCWs stuck up their noses.
  • WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Agreed... but I still play the game, for now.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Indeed, yes..." Play the game ".... We MUST do so.

As a pretty girl with haunted eyes told me several years back..."Never forget...and NEVER FORGIVE"...her mother being shot while holding a baby....

NEVER FORGET FREEDOM, either.....

You know, as Hitler rode down the street, you damn well put your palm in the air...or perhaps you were shot on the spot....