In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Doing some 2nd Amendment Advertising

Tech141Tech141 Member Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭
I'm fed up with the way this country (and Especially the State of Illinois) steps on our Constitutional rights. Soooo, along with other activities, I thought I'd add a mesage to the tailgate of my truck. Had some good responses so far...

bikepics-1591755-800.jpg

What'cha Think??

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I "think" I want that for my truck.

Where can it be bought?
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Nice graphics.

Does this indicate that you have had a conversion ?
  • ryanek9freakryanek9freak Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You "think"? can I start calling you Wayne? LOL
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like it, but I have to wonder if you are painting a target on your truck.

What kind of responses have you been getting?
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I see nothing there, but truth in advertising. I like it.[:)]
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    Good for you man, thats a positive thing too do.
  • Tech141Tech141 Member Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote: Where can it be bought?

Freemind, I designed it at www.custom-vinyl-lettering.net . I had to customize it to the available space on my tailgate. Not too expensive...

quote: I like it, but I have to wonder if you are painting a target on your truck.

What kind of responses have you been getting?

Pickenup, nothing negative so far. A couple of nods, and I get to watch people read it out loud at stoplights in my rearview mirror. Still waiting for the local/county/State police to be behind me at a light. THAT might be interesting...

quote: You "think"? can I start calling you Wayne? LOL

Ryanek9freak, Funny, but I prefer "Mike".

quote: Does this indicate that you have had a conversion ?

Highball, Nope, no conversion. I've always been a proponent of the Constitution. Just getting more publically 'vocal' now...

Quickmajik and It496 - Thanks for the nice comments. No, I didn't think I'd get flamed for the sign, especially not on Gunbroker, but positive reinforcement is always welcome.
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    141 I think you just increased the value of your truck.[8D]
    From a fellow Illinoisan I share your plight and anguish.[:(]
  • ryanek9freakryanek9freak Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I WANT ONE!!! I don't know why I never thought of that. I'm going to the sign shop today.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like it a lot![;)]
    Hope your truck is not vandalized over it, but I presume you have thought of that as well.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Nobody is flaming you.

Takes a lot of brass to put that on your truck today.

Given my excitable nature, I tend to try and not call that much attention to myself.
    Congratulations.
    edited November -1
    Maybe it's time for all like-minded folks to make their voices be heard....

Like the famous (fictional) news anchor said "OPEN YOUR WINDOWS, STICK YOUR HEADS OUT AND YELL "I'M MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!".......
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Tech141
    Maybe it's time for all like-minded folks to make their voices be heard....

Like the famous (fictional) news anchor said "OPEN YOUR WINDOWS, STICK YOUR HEADS OUT AND YELL "I'M MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!".......
    I'm game [}:)]
    edited November -1
    I have gotten energized as of the last 6 months or so. Been writing my City/County/State/US elected criminals and letting them know that their crap ain't going to cut it anymore. Responses have gone the range from Defensive to "Who Cares".

The Citizens of this country HAVE to wake the heck up and make their voices be heard. We're going to hell in a hand basket, and the Government is tightening the noose around our necks.

We have to cleanse the filth from our Public Offices...
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Tech141
    I have gotten energized as of the last 6 months or so. Been writing my City/County/State/US elected criminals and letting them know that their crap ain't going to cut it anymore. Responses have gone the range from Defensive to "Who Cares".

The Citizens of this country HAVE to wake the heck up and make their voices be heard. We're going to hell in a hand basket, and the Government is tightening the noose around our necks.

We have to cleanse the filth from our Public Offices...
    The only reponse I have received back from my rep was "thank you for contacting my office"
    edited November -1
    Yeah, that's kind of normal. The Elites do tend to try to ignore the masses....
  • NEIAPredatorNEIAPredator Member Posts: 1,443
    edited November -1
    I was thinking of doing the same thing. Where did you get it, if you don't mind me asking and do you care if I copy your idea.
    edited November -1
    I 'designed' it here -

www.custom-vinyl-lettering.net

Please do. I think more people need to express their opinions publicly.
  • therockguytherockguy Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    its sad when having part of the constitution on your tailgate and a a simple question of understanding is asked gives a negative response. im getting one for my tailgate
  • therockguytherockguy Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    in?fringe (n-frnj)
    v. in?fringed, in?fring?ing, in?fring?es
    v.tr.
    1. To transgress or exceed the limits of; violate: infringe a contract; infringe a patent.
    2. Obsolete To defeat; invalidate.
    v.intr.
    To encroach on someone or something; engage in trespassing: an increased workload that infringed on his personal life.
    infringe
    v infringe [in#712;frind#658;]
    to break (a law etc) or interfere with (a person's freedom or rights)
  • Hoosier71Hoosier71 Member Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    I've been getting quite a few positive responses - from folks doing the "Thumbs Up" as they pass to one guy screaming out his window "THAT'S AWESOME, WHERE DID YOU GET IT DONE?"... I've noticed on quite a few occasions that the driver (Or passenger) reads it and starts a discussion with the other vehicular passengers. That's my main goal - start people thinking about the situation.

It's working.
  • IdahoRedneckIdahoRedneck Member Posts: 2,699
    edited November -1
    I like it.. Im going to have one made as well!!!!
    edited November -1
    Okay, it's been over a month that I've had the 2nd Amendment on the tailgate of my trunk. So far the feedback has been absolutely POSITIVE. Thumbs Up, People shouting "WAY TO GO", and other positive responses have resulted. To date, I have had No One telling me that I am in the wrong. Good Times.