In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

40,000 guns confiscated in Australia

Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
Mr Moroney said NSW police carried out a big audit and compliance check of all firearms in NSW last year.
He said the audit, combined with the NSW Government's gun buyback, had seized 43,000 weapons, most of which were firearms.

In total, 185,000 licensed firearm holders were identified, holding about 600,000 registered firearms between them, he said.

Mr Moroney said that, as part of the blitz, thousands of weapons were destroyed because police were not satisfied that the firearms were being kept securely, or that "possession of that firearm was necessarily further warranted".

"Some 43,000 weapons were seized and subsequently destroyed by NSW police during (20)03-04," he said.

Mr Moroney said a number of private security firms had closed following a police audit of the industry.

Full story: http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,12208288-1702,00.html

avitar.jpg
Semper Fi

Remember Ruby Ridge.

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

Not a member at the auction? Join Gunbroker at this link!
I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly

Comments

• HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    I read this...and reread it.

Once again..there was one man "Down Under"..the real Crocadile Dundee.

He killed only one..when they came to take his guns.He SHOULD have killed a hundred.

Those people really shouldn't be allowed to own guns,anyway...they don't understand the primary reason to possess them.
  • DefenderDefender Member Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Everyone loves to talk so tough until the government is there and the family is threatened. Then the next words are, "okay I'll give them to you just leave me and my family alone..."

The fight must begin when they are at your neighbors home. You kill the meanies for your neighbors and yourself. Remember the informers will be everywhere getting cash rewards for turning YOU in as a person who dare own a gun.

We must make gun confiscation the most dangerous job in the world. The taking a gun from an American citizen for mere possession by a government agent is a vaild reason to kill. Perhaps a government who's agents are slaughtered by the hundreds or even thousands may rethink the policy of gun confiscation.

Defender
    Private investigator licensed in AZ & CA that specializes in self defense cases.