In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

HR 442? Have any of you heard of this?

ryanek9freakryanek9freak Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
Here's the link http://gunowners.org/111anatb.htm

I don't buy it. I think it's just a conspiracy to flush out people who may be hiding class 3 weapons (which shouldn't be illeagal in the first place) just so they can arrest you on the spot.

Just what I would want. To finally be able to hypothetically register a "souvenier" that my grandfather had brought back from a foreign war, only to be shoved face down into the concrete with the barrel of an MP5 shoved in my back.

WHat do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    H.R. 442 (Rehberg): This bill would provide amnesty for a veteran who acquired a "souvenir" (such as a machine gun) while serving overseas, so long as it is registered during a 90-day grace period.

This is a big bear trap, that's all it is.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This bill (or something very similar) is introduced every year.
    It has never gotten out of committee.

It is possible that there are quite a few "souvenirs" out there.
    I am almost surprised somebody from the gov doesn't push this one through.
    Just to find out where they are, and who has them.
  • Options
    ryanek9freakryanek9freak Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    I look forward to a day when, like it was at the birth of this nation, we do not have to question every minute decision we have to make with "...or do I risk prison?" That my friends is the definition of tyranny (when you fear the gov) not freedom (when your gov fears you)!
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:What does one do in that situation? Keep it and risk 10 years in prison? Or just hand it over to the ATF so they can incinerate it or toss it in some warehouse never to be seen again?

One informs the owner of the penalities for keeping it, the risks associated with keeping it, the meaning of the Second Amendment...then steps out of the picture.

One also keeps ones' mouth shut.

Let the pigs make whatever case they want, if there is comback.
  • Options
    45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They tried something similar here in Kalifornia. Back with the first Assault Weapons Ban. They gave people a grace period to register their AR's with the state. But they could keep them. They just had to register them. I think maybe 500 did so. The rest stayed home and stayed quiet. They estimated that there were well over 15,000 in the state. A fairly conservative estimate I would think. Thankfully, most weren't stupid enough to volenteer any information. And it's not cost effect enough to spend the manpower resources to go after them. Especially now.
  • Options
    therockguytherockguy Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    its always registration then confinscation. thats what working with the new system gets u