In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

back ground ck

westywesty Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
I bought a firearm on gunbroker and my first through the Internet although I bought guns before and went through the back ground checks before I only had one rejection and I never sent in my prints to the FBI and blow it off as a mistake like spelling my name wrong or the guy at wall mart read a wrong number to the CBI. I have bought other guns since then with out a problem but this gun is different. It cost $3600 and I don't want to lose it through a simple mistake like at wall mart and also I'm going through a new FFL holder that seemed a little odd by his reaction after he looked up the gun on gunbroker through his computer. The money and FFL is on it way!
My ? is what would happen to the gun if the back ground check goes wrong? Can I request another check? If I have to go and do the FBI print thing what will happen to the gun? and how long does the FBI print check take? Can I fax my regular deal FFL and have the gun shipped to him instead of the FFL that is with the cashiers check?
Any info would be helpful!

Comments

• Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have no idea what "prints" you are talking about, unless it is finger prints/ In which case.....I have never heard of anyone ever having to send in fingerprints to the FBI to pass the UN-constitutional background check.

If you are denied, you will get a form. On that form is a procedure to find out why you were denied. Follow those instructions. Then you will know why you were denied, and what can be done about it.
  • Options
    westywesty Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    All I remember is that I called to start the process going and I got paper work with finger print cards from the FBI but I never sent them in and about 6 months later I got the same packet again from the FBI which I never sent in and still no reason why I was turned down! and since that time (2005) I have purchased 2 firearms without a problem. It's been 4 1/2 years and I forgot the exact procedure that I went through on how I ended up with the FBI finger print card packets.