In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

A ? about the AWB and.................

Jimmy BossJimmy Boss Member Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
What would happen if its reinstated in some form, or it came back worse than it was the first time. I Just bought my first DPMS Panther a-15. I'M in love with it now. If they come back with it(AWB)How would they work all these "LE ONLY" weapons/mags out in the public now. Yes I'm New around here so please dont flame me to bad

JBoss......Fear No Fish

Comments

• BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    Let me be the first in saying welcome to the GB forums, stick around. Well in a worst case senerio if Skerry got elected AWB2 would be a lot worse than the first. He wants to ban any gun with a pistol grip or could be made into a pistol grip. That means your shotgun, and rifle you hunt with. I'm also sure he'd want to ban most if not all center fire cartidges.

I don't know how they'd go about workin LEO mags out of the public. I guess that depends of wether or not you willingly hand them over or not. I'm sure some of the other member can elaborate more on this issue. I don't expect that you'll get flamed for this thread. So don't sweat it.

thliar1.gif You are knuckle-dragging ape with a gun.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    First, welcome to the forums.

LEO only mags are date stamped, weapons are serial numbered so you can look up manufacture date.
    New ones would have different date stamps/serial numbers.
    IF possession of them is allowed to be grandfathered in, that is.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What you may be looking at is a weapon confiscation (probably of the so-called "pre-ban" stuff, too) that may lead to revolt... armed revolt.

If you love that gun, fight for it with all your might.

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
    "Followers of Christ, be armed."
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Many of us believe that it makes little difference which unAmerican candidate gets into office..the one saying "I will sign an AWB"...or the other one that says.."We need an AWB"..We are just one mass shooting away from it.

This one upcoming WILL be draconian..they learn from history.Your guess is as good as ours..they may ban ANY futher sales of hi-caps..or they may just say.." Turn them in..."
  • Jimmy BossJimmy Boss Member Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the welcome. I got to say, If they say "turn them in" They had better be able to come FIND AND TAKE mine.

JBoss......Fear No Fish
    edited November -1
    Best be ready to back it up. We may be at the 11th hour now, and our watch stopped ticking.

Death to Tyrants!!!

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

• tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    I had a heated discussion with a fellow gun owner at work today. He angrily stated that if they came to his door to take his guns he would give them one bullet at a time. I mentioned that scene might not be good for his family who would probably be there with him. He replied that it was only him and his wife and she felt the same way.

Funny thing is this guy doesn't belong to or contribute any money to any pro-gun rights group. In fact doesn't do anything except sign the letters and petitions I prepare and bring to work for everyone to sign.
    so on the one hand this guy it too lazy and cheap to help with the fight to keep the feds from coming to his door to take his guns yet he is ready and anxious to shoot it out with them at the door.

I believe he will deal with the ATFE agents when they come to his door the same way he is dealing with trying to save his gun rights now. HE WILL DO NOTHING!

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
    edited November -1
    I don't. He already anticipates armed revolt, and would rather it happen sooner than later.

For him, the soft war is lost. The hard war is only a matter of a few more Wacos or Ruby Ridges away. So, I would bet he stocked up on ammo and other supplies, rather than fight what he believes is a lost war.

Will the NRA or any other gun organization come to his rescue when the JBT's come for his guns? I would have to say, with great certainty, "Probably not".

Death to Tyrants!!!

edited November -1
    But if the 64 million plus gun owners in America would come to the "rescue" of even one of the few pro-gun rights groups struggling to save our rights, there would be no need to worry about anyone taking away our guns or citizen gun rights. And especially the need to worry about the ATFE agents kicking in our door and some gun owners bragging about how they will shoot it out before giving up their guns.

As long as there is the hope held out of getting those guns back, such as winning in court, turning the tide against the anti-gun establishment, etc. I can almost guarantee you that only a miniscule amount of gun owners will shoot it out at their front door. I know human nature way too well for anything else to happen. Australia is a rugged country with rugged men and a rugged history. I didn't read about any shoot-outs at the door over there when their gun laws were painfully tightened.

Funny thing is that if we gun owners would actually band togehter and work together wwe could rule this country in regards to insuring and expanding legitimate citizen gun rights. Too bad that isn't happening.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
    edited November -1
    I too, know human psychology, Fox. It is probably worse for the guy that you are referring to, because he feels backed into a corner. The media, which I might add, has a greater influence of people in general than does all gun groups combined, has demonized his, demoralized him, and has made him feel alone.

But I would fight alongside any man just like this, because I am just like him, in a lot of ways.

But I have hope. I live in a community full of gun owners. It is a lot easier this way. There are many people succeptible to awakening, here. I can write editorials in the community paper and nearly get them all published. And people know me in this community, and seem to come out of the woodwork and tell me how right I am.

It is my guess that he doesn't.

The NRA is not your savior. Ultimately, you are your own savior. It is up to YOU, not the NRA, to awaken people. Don't wait for the next NRA publication to "awaken" anyone. They don't send those newsletters to the general public, you know.

If you let others stand in your place for your rights, you are essentially a Democrat.

(Helping add to a membership to a gun right organization is a good way to statrt it off, though).

Death to Tyrants!!!

edited November -1
    TR;
    quote:Australia is a rugged country with rugged men and a rugged history. I didn't read about any shoot-outs at the door over there when
    There was one man over there.
    The real Crocodile Dundee.The man the movie was patterned over.

He refused...he shot one jack-booted thug.Then he allowed them to kill him.
    Pity...he should have taken a 100 with him.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    r there when
    There was one man over there.
    The real Crocodile Dundee.The man the movie was patterned over.

He refused...he shot one jack-booted thug.Then he allowed them to kill him.
    Pity...he should have taken a 100 with him.
    [/quote]

I think we can agree that for every Crocodile Dundee type there are a hundred jack booted thug that will be available to do the governments work when the decision is made to disarm all citizens. And this means that if the armed conflict does come, even if each of the Crocodile Dundee types manage to kill 20 of the jack booted thugs, we will run out of Crocodile Dundees long before we run out of jack booted thugs. When that happens our "herd" will have been thinned of the strongest and bravest among us, and we will probably never see their equal again. Far, far better to find a way to wage a more "equal" fight for not only the strong among us but also for the weak and thereby conserve our greatest resource: that being each and every one of us who at least still has a desire for freedom.

And for all of you, my friend at work and his wife, etc., who look forward to an armed conflict with the government, I think we can agree that group will never, never be in a position to take the such battle to the government. Instead they will have to wait until the battle comes to them.

Assuming that so far we can all agree, then I have to wonder why no one mentions what a extremely weak and vulnerable and indefensible position you will be fighting from. Frankly an unwinnable battle.

And without going into detail, the NRA and other groups actually do some convincing of the non-shooting public. They do it in many ways and I and my family have been personally involved in those ways so I know they do exist.

edited November -1
    Keep fighting the good fight.

Me...I am tired.I wish merely to be left alone to live my few years out.I find no comfort..nor can I any longer stand to associate with those advocating gun control..Badwrench would fit perfectly into the NRA power structure.
    As you well know..I place no faith in the institutions that served to curtail abuses of citizens for a couple hundred years.The Republican sweep we just witnessed will as surely lead to even more abuses of rights and freedoms..as the sun coming up in the morning.

I fear for the Republic..
    a word no modern politician can stand to drop from his lips.

I cannot stop your thinking negatively of me,TR;..But in 20 years,you will think back and perhaps realize I was right.

Time,of course,will tell the tale..but given the course of the NRA...the exact same fate of the rest of the civilized worlds guns...await yours.
    edited November -1
    Highball, there are several here, you included, who disagree with me and I do not think negatively of them or you. And for those posters, I just think we are all living/projecting what we see as our own version of reality. The future will bring us the answer of which, if any, of of our different realities is the true one.

• BigWindyBigWindy Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like y'all might like to read "All Enemys, Foreign and Domestic". You can find it at:

http://www.enemiesforeignanddomestic.com/excerpts.htm

Sua Sponte

[8D]
  • wlfmn323wlfmn323 Member Posts: 4,712
    edited November -1
    it is hard to say what one will do when faced with something like this, i would like to think that i would be fighting along with my comrads. one point to keep in mind is that America is still a young country and when we look at older countries we see multiple civil wars. the fact is that what has kept us from revolting is the freedoms and rights that we have, once those are taken away who knows what may happen. I have a friend in the gaurd whos comander has told everyone in the unit that the time willcome when you have to make a choice whether to fight for your country, or fight for your government. It seems that the people will have at least one gaurd unit on their side.[:)]

fear the government that fears its people

fear the government with greater firepower