In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Hey, Jim;

HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
Welcome to this side of the forums.

I have been hoping you would make the jump for a bit of fun and games.

You make a pretty good case for gun laws, restrictions, rules, and regulations.

The folks reading over here are going to get the chance to remain firmly commited to the second Amendment, or back-slide into the fuzzy-wuzzy feel-good world of 'if it saves Just one childs life' nonsense. Used, need I add, by people working tirelessly to destroy what little remains of American values...

I WOULD ask you to please stop pretending to support the Second Amendment. Gun control IS GUN CONTROL...and gun control from a gun-owners mouth is like a 'virgin' talking about the last 10 guys she slept with....

Comments

• Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    No pretence here. I feel we have been sold down the river, and we have to 'paddle' hard aginst the current to get back up the river.[;)]
    But I don't see how all the congrats and back slapping by those who delight in saying the same thing over and over is going get our rights back![?]
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:But I don't see how all the congrats and back slapping by those who delight in saying the same thing over and over is going get our rights back!
    This is a fairly new thing. I have been in the trenches for 40 years..and the nicest thing I was ever called was 'radical'.

The fact that a few of us are finally reaching out and learning from each other is VERY well deserving of 'congrats and back slapping'...if for no other reason then proof of our rejection of compromise and 'NRAs Second Lite"....

You see..for all of my life i have heard how the 'NRA is the only reason we have guns'..and I bought that for many years. Finally I realized that is prime bullsnit..we have guns BECAUSE WE HAVE GUNS....and for no other reason at all.

There are enough decent men left yet in America that the slimy pig Elites are AFRAID to move against them......and it has NOTHING to do with the NRA. Save for the progress reports sent them BY the NRA, of course...
    edited November -1
    Well, as usual, very eliquent, but you did not answer the question I ask.
    How does all this 'support' you give each other help to further the fight to get some of the 'restrictions' removed from our law books???
    It takes more than a few, well intentioned out spoken, people ganging up and attacking those who don't see eye to eye with them on the internet to 'change' anything![:(]
    edited November -1
    quote:fight to get some of the 'restrictions' removed from our law books???
    Brutally, Jim;
    I am not one bit concerned about fighting some puissant little battle to get some obscure `law' off the books.

NoSir.... have a different agenda then making life a bit more comfortable for a few of you compromisers.

Were it in my power....I would ban ALL GUNS...MONDAY. Mr. and Mrs. America...TURN THEM IN !!.

Rather that then leave the ungodly mess we are leaving our children..the ushering in of the BeastTime.

For you see, Jim.fellows like you would then be forced to chose. That choice would be;
    Follow the Constitution;
    Follow the Beast.

These `back-slapping sessions', Jim, are fully understood by those of us fighting out here in the cold...shunned by folks like you.called `radical, extremists, unbalanced, don't live in reality'...by those warm and secure repeating what they have been told by government.

I really don't think I can help you understand the intuitive knowledge those of us representing the 3% possess.
    edited November -1
    [;)]Well it is not 'in your power', so back to reality.
    WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO TO TRY AND ACHEIVE YOUR GOALS?
    Please stop actinig like a politition and answer the question, PLEASE![|)]
    edited November -1
    How to make this any plainer ?

I plan to continue...one man at a time ..educating the torpid masses into some semblance of sanity.

I plan to continue to urge anyone that will to recognize the futility of fighting in the political arena....a playground for corruption and evil.

I plan to continue urging any that will listen to prepare themselves and their families for hard times...perhaps even conflict.

I plan to continue urging EVERY MAN that will listen to EDUCATE HIMSELF on the level of corruption and breathtaking advances made into his freedoms and privacies.

That plain enough, Jim ?

Oh...and Jim ? NOWHERE in that list do you see the urging to `take it to the streets'...no doubt severely disappointing you.

Sorry about that.
    edited November -1
    Now we are getting some where, BECAUSE I PLAN ON DOING THE SAME![;)]
    Only differance is I have learned from my mistakes. 15 to 20 years ago I as saying EXACTLY THE SAME THING, IN THE SAME MANNER YOU ARE DOING RIGHT NOW about the loss of our rights to be armed! Scary but true. Except I was not bad mouthing the NRA even though they were and are not living up to my expectations.
    Well, after discussing the 'right' for sometime with many in my 'circle', (friends, relatives, and neighbors who are 'gun' people) using the language you currently are using, and with all, if not more, passion than you exibit. Well, they made some comments to me and about me which made me STOP AND THINK (which is what I would like you and others to do)!!
    They commented how 'fanaticial' I had become and ask why. Several said I was scaring them by the way I was 'carrying on'! I too was fed up with the way the government was depriving people of their constitutional rights. BUT I ask myself, what am I doing and how effective am I at convincing people to support my beleives???? It became evident this 'everything or nothing' approching was causing me to loss creditability with those I want to 'follow' my lead! Now think of the effect this approach would have on those who are not 'gun' people. So I statred to be more tactful in my approach, and guess what IT WORKED! People started to think my way (our way)!! This is just human nature, which you deny, but is a fact! My creditability was high and thus they were receptive to the information I was giveing them. You can't MAKE people learn, but you can teach them. I learned this the hard way. Again, something you refuse to admit. Now, please, THINK[;)] about it before you unload on me and my methods!
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    You know what is funny Jim? How you call us "extremists" "fanaticals" ect.

If that's the way you see US, then good for you.

We are not wishy-washy about our stand. We are NOT limp wristed pansies. We stand firm to OUR liberties and freedoms. Even if you are to scared to stand UP, we are not.

What is OURS, is OURS. I am NOT willing to give ONE LITTLE BIT, because they say so. There are some things in life WORTH dying to defend, if one must.

As it was once said:

"If there is to be trouble, let it be in MY day, so that my children may have peace."

WORDS to live by Jim, if you have the spine for it.
    edited November -1
    free,
    The 'folks' see you that way. Like it or not this is how it is. It is the price you pay for this rigid stand you take. I know, as a stated, I have been there! You don't understand so I will use numbers!
    0- those on the far other side. They want ALL guns out of everyones hand, repeal the 2nd Amendment.
    10- those who say 'shall not be infringed' means no restrictions. They want no exceptions.
    5- Could care less, not opinion what so ever.
    0 thru 3 can be counted to vote for and support the anti-gun agenda and canidates with out fail.
    7 thru 10 can be count on to oppose any anti-gun by voteing for and funding their cause. (the opposite of the 0-3 bunch)
    BOTH of these groups are minorities, neither can achieve there intended goal WITH OUT THE 4, 5, and 6's. So the it is very important, no it REQUIRED to win this group to their side to get the people elected and the laws passed or repealed to achieve their goal.
    DO YOU SEE THIS? Do you agree with my explanation or not? I did not ask if you think this is right or wrong. Do you see my point? A simple 'yes' or 'no' will do!
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jim Rau
    free,
    The 'folks' see you that way. Like it or not this is how it is. It is the price you pay for this rigid stand you take. I know, as a stated, I have been there! You don't understand so I will use numbers!
    0- those on the far other side. They want ALL guns out of everyones hand, repeal the 2nd Amendment.
    10- those who say 'shall not be infringed' means no restrictions. They want no exceptions.
    5- Could care less, not opinion what so ever.
    0 thru 3 can be counted to vote for and support the anti-gun agenda and canidates with out fail.
    7 thru 10 can be count on to oppose any anti-gun by voteing for and funding their cause. (the opposite of the 0-3 bunch)
    BOTH of these groups are minorities, neither can achieve there intended goal WITH OUT THE 4, 5, and 6's. So the it is very important, no it REQUIRED to win this group to their side to get the people elected and the laws passed or repealed to achieve their goal.
    DO YOU SEE THIS? Do you agree with my explanation or not? I did not ask if you think this is right or wrong. Do you see my point? A simple 'yes' or 'no' will do!

Well Jim, that would be a big "NO".

You count those as "zero" that want all guns banned. Who is not in reality now? Many liberal zealots want the repealing of the Second amendment.

I know more people off the net, that side EXACTLY as I do, then apparently then you do.

I know a great deal more though, that are just dumb lemmings. Not thoughful enough to understand a right and a privilage.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most (not all) have taken the soft spoken, lets follow the NRA's leadership approach, (we must fight them politically) over the last few decades. We can see where that course has led us. Compromised into more and MORE gun laws.
    It has been PROVEN over the last few decades, that method DOES NOT WORK.

Something harsh enough to jar the sheeple out of their complacent mindset, may be the only method that gets their attention now days. Once shocked out of their apathy, some will have the fortitude to look further into the situation. Others, no matter which tact is applied, never will.
    edited November -1
    I commence to get the sense of something rotten in Denmark

Here we are being urged to `soften our stance'...kinder, gentler, more P.C.'20 years ago I was that way, ect'...
    Well...if twenty years ago a man believed that gun control was `bad'..how then did we get to today...when gun control is `good' ?

Exactly what belief changed since he fought bitterly, harshly, stridently, ...for , apparently, gun control ? See... I don't believe that a man convinced that governmental control of weapons is evil will EVER change his mind...
    His position is FAR closer to Sara Bradies...then the Second Amendment, as I see it......
    Frankly, I do not want the likes of the NRA...OR `Jim' teaching others about the Second Amendment. They have a flawed, perverted view of that Document.
    edited November -1
    Ok guys, you keep scaring them away and I will keep trying to get them back, such is our world.[:(]
    Nuff said!