In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Concealed carry proposed in Kansas

bigtirebigtire Member Posts: 24,800
We may finally get concealed carry in Kansas. Kansas House representative Candy Ruff has introduced House Bill No. 2798.

http://www.kslegislature.org/bills/2004/2798.pdf

bouncies.gif

Comments

• tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    For years I have hoped for a KS concealed carry law. We had one in 1997 or 1998 and that damn closet liberal Gov. Graves vetoed it.

The present attempts have a long way to go in that hearings for the opponents were held in Topeka on Wed., and for proponents on Thur.

The present KS governor states she will also veto any concealed carry bill and who knows if that veto could be overridden as was recently done in MO. But the govenor says she would sign legislation that would allow retired LEO's to carry concealed. Some way needs to be found to publicaly ask, and demand an answer, simply because someone is collecting a lifetime govt. pension by having retired from some police department, exactly why is that person automatically considered to be responsible enough to carry a firearm for the rest of their life (and how much oversight will there be on that person?). And exactly why is the life of that retired LEO worth more in that he/she should be allowed to carry selfdefense tools while the commom, unwashed citizens cannot? If that retired LEO needs help from attack, why can't they rely on THE ON-DUTY POLICE just as we citizens are required to do?

Quote "When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions."
  • bigtirebigtire Member Posts: 24,800
    edited November -1
    Hopefully there will be enough support (2/3 vote) to override the governors veto. I think the bill has a lot of support. One of the bills supporters Rep. Harold Lane really grilled anti-gunner Kelly Johnston during the hearings yesterday. He asked her point blank "How many Kansans must die before you would allow them to defend themselves? ... What would be your acceptable casualty rate?"
    I wish I could have been there!

I think a lot of legislators are seeing what is happening in the rest of the country and don't want Kansas to be seen as "behind the times" on this issue.

Let's just keep our fingers crossed.

From85-01.jpgTosoftair-eagle.jpg
    And everything in between.gun.gif
  • sixisenoughsixisenough Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey BigTire , Your Picture is the finest example of concealed carry
    that I've seen lately. HUBA HUBA
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    sixisenough: now that is one of the funnist things I have read lately.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"