In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

New Forum Rule

MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
Just like topics about God, topics about The Constitution and Bill of Rights tend to stir up fights and get locked.

Thank You

Comments

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:o)]Highhorse will have a fit if the constitution is banned. He might go ballistic.[:o)] Of course the moderators would have to be specific which constitution. The legal on the US uses or highhorses version.
  • brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The good part is, he has a forum for that. It's getting like the politics forum.
  • dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • storm6490storm6490 Member Posts: 8,010
    edited November -1
    If they ban the topic of our rights and the constitution of the united states of america, i will not only stop buying and selling on the auction side, i will make it a hobby to let everyone know about the restriction.

it would be a great way for gunbroker to loose a hell of a lot of money. but what do i know.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Entirely too bad that the gorged find themselves exposed to the foundations of the country they are parasites to.

They don't mind feeding off the blood of far better men then they..fact is, much as a welfare queen, they DEMAND it...and also demand that the host shutthefk up about it.
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    without the constitution I dont think gun broker would be anywhere near as lucritive as it is, given the precidence set in almost every country besides America..

I'll bet you a nickle that gun broker makes a bunch more money off guns that arent banned compared to those that are regulated.

So keeping the second amendment as broad as possible is in the best interests of all gun dealers, except nitch sellers who couldnt make it without the nitch made by unconstitutional laws..

that means the spreading of awareness of the importance of the constitution and the rights there in is very important to the gun biz.. otherwise, bans would be easier for ther government to pass. Love Hball or hate him, he does that.

as an example

When gun broker was one of the platforms that allowed houndreds of people to actively stop the plans for a broadened ban of knives, it probably saved itself alot of money in knife sales.
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:If they ban the topic of our rights and the constitution of the united states of america, i will not only stop buying and selling on the auction side, i will make it a hobby to let everyone know about the restriction.

it would be a great way for gunbroker to loose a hell of a lot of money. but what do i know.

That's funny right there! I don't care who ya are!

A busload of EX-forum-members have made the same threat. Reckon it did any harm? About the same amount of harm Walmart would suffer if you stopped shopping there.

Thursday night is amateur night at the Improv.
  • peonpeon Member Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by storm6490
    If they ban the topic of our rights and the constitution of the united states of america, i will not only stop buying and selling on the auction side, i will make it a hobby to let everyone know about the restriction.

Too bad people on this board don't feel that strongly about allowing topics concerning GOD. [V]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1

Absolutely agreed...
  • COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...People need to wise up, give pause and think exactly what the main reason is to why a topic/thread gets locked or deleted, the replies more often than not are the reason, not the topic. Yes, of course they're exceptions.

Ive seen that in the last several years FAR FAR more so than within the first 5-6 years of GB's inception, almost EVERY day an innocuous topic/subject is derailed or shot down by another members rude, wise-* reply, most often not even directed towards the OP OR topic but rather targeted at another members reply; then the hijack and bickering begins, people have become downright rude, pig headed, showing little respect to the OP, and for that matter other members.

...Topics hijacked by other members because they see, or think they perceive, a sliver of an opening to insert comments pertaining to their personal agenda totally disrespecting the OP and his thread.

Why not look thru and thoroughly read locked topics and see for yourself the true culprits? A topic gets deleted or locked because of some rude * that torpedoes it and people ask "why" then blame a moderator, why not identify, isolate and maybe ostracize (within guidelines) the correct target of your frustration?
    Open a thread, any thread and I garauntee you that if it has at least 10+ replies there will be at least one reply that does not address the OP's topic but another members reply.

...Certain topics/subjects attract the same members EVERY time they are started with the same replies and you can bet a dollar to a donut that the same barbs will be exchanged by the same people that eventually gets the topic deleted/locked, INSTEAD of just replying to the OP's topic and NOT directing their reply towards another members reply.

If more members who suffer a deletion/lock of their thread due to some numb nuts doing what I just explained instead of whining maybe some of these rude twit nits would drop off the map when no one opened their threads or replied, give them the GB "troll treatment", afterall they're nothing more than a troll...[;)]

ani-texas-flag-2.gif
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    quote:If they ban the topic of our rights and the constitution of the united states of america, i will not only stop buying and selling on the auction side, i will make it a hobby to let everyone know about the restriction.

A busload of EX-forum-members have made the same threat. Reckon it did any harm? About the same amount of harm Walmart would suffer if you stopped shopping there.

Since I discovered this forum, I have directed at least 12 individuals here who occasionally buy guns and 4 who are now regular sellers and buyers on GB.

I know for a fact that several of them have also directed a number of people here who have purchased firearms and accessories, some who do so regularly.

That's just me passing on general information about the site.

Multiply that by dozens of current forum members or more.

How is that for stand up comedy?
  • storm6490storm6490 Member Posts: 8,010
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn

or it could be a 4chan nightmare
  • MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
    edited November -1
    New definition of TROLL:

Someone that says something that you disagree with.

Okay, got it.
    edited November -1
    Well folks, you can threaten all you want about telling your gun buddies about not getting your way. That is comical. Wonder how gunbroker is in business now the religious argueing is over? Get real.
  • COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...No, you dont get it...it's really simple, agree or dissagree with the OP's stance, topic, subject...dont attack another member for their reply on the OP's subject by maligning, hijacking and derailing the thread to the point the thread is locked or deleted...[;)]

ani-texas-flag-2.gif
  • wittynbearwittynbear Member Posts: 4,518
    edited November -1

I'm with you on that, if the moderators want to become little obamas then I will take my business elsewhere (there are other online gunshops) and will call all friends I have directed here and retract my reccomendation. I will also put an add in the NRA magazines and contact several pro constitution groups such as the heritage foundation and try to organize a national boycott.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    Well folks, you can threaten all you want about telling your gun buddies about not getting your way. That is comical. Wonder how gunbroker is in business now the religious argueing is over? Get real.
    Well, select-fire, I now have seen the pinnacle of hypocrisy. You are a guy who wanted the forum to shut up/remove those members who advocate for individual liberty, specifically.

Then you went on to threaten or intimate that you were going to report those same advocates to the federal government for expressing their views, which you disagree with.

You know, kinda a potential domestic terrorist/right-wing extremist thingy in your assessment, right?

Mayhap my pointing out this simple fact will be considered 'argumentative'.

I simply see a couple members expressing their opinion about a seeming increase in topic poofs and/or locks related to subjects that revolve around individual liberty and the Constitution.

Funny enough, YOU are usually one who darts in and offers an anti-constitution/anti-individual liberty position, stirring up a rousing back and forth.

Note that I find the rousing back and forth to be important and illustrative.

Typed words, even those which are at times heated, are no threat to anyone and in fact, are important in defining the divide in ethic & philosophy at the root of the decline of the Republic.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by COLT
    ...No, you dont get it...it's really simple, agree or dissagree with the OP's stance, topic, subject...dont attack another member for their reply on the OP's subject by maligning, hijacking and derailing the thread to the point the thread is locked or deleted...[;)]

ani-texas-flag-2.gif
    So there is a new rule on making comment on a post in a thread that is not specific to the OP?

What if a simple strong opinion is given of that 'spin-off' post, is that to be considered a 'derailment', or a 'hijack'?

This points direct to the issue, I think. Much of it may surround a particular mod, but hey, I am not gonna criticize, just making a comment/observation.[:)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496
    Well, select-fire, I now have seen the pinnacle of hypocrisy. You are a guy who wanted the forum to shut up/remove those members who advocate for individual liberty, specifically.

Then you went on to threaten or intimate that you were going to report those same advocates to the federal government for expressing their views, which you disagree with.

You know, kinda a potential domestic terrorist/right-wing extremist thingy in your assessment, right?

I simply see a couple members expressing their opinion about a seeming increase in topic poofs and/or locks related to subjects that revolve around individual liberty and the Constitution.

Funny enough, YOU are usually one who darts in and offers an anti-constitution/anti-individual liberty position, stirring up a rousing back and forth.

Typed words, even those which are at times heated, are no threat to anyone and in fact, are important in defining the divide in ethic & philosophy at the root of the decline of the Republic.

Your interpretation of my comments are trash. I can't help you don't like the constitution. You and highball are about the outragious people I have ever come across. I think gunbroker has a little to do with it also. They changed their format on the auction side with the v4. Y'all got on your highhorses and thought that formatting a computer is the same as rewriting the constitution. That there is funny.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496

Your interpretation of my comments are trash. I can't help you don't like the constitution. You and highball are about the outragious people I have ever come across. I think gunbroker has a little to do with it also. They changed their format on the auction side with the v4. Y'all got on your highhorses and thought that formatting a computer is the same as rewriting the constitution. That there is funny.
    What does that babble mean?
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Put political threads, constitutional issues and the like in the POLITICS FORUM, where they belong, and maybe they won't get locked......

Just sayin'!
  • MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost1958
    Put political threads, constitutional issues and the like in the POLITICS FORUM, where they belong, and maybe they won't get locked......

Just sayin'!

I thought that is where they were suppose to be. Then no one will go over there and burst their bubble.[:o)] They could rename it Fantasy forum
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Or just move those topics to the troll forum -- Politics Forum.
  • scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    I am losing patience with all the restrictions we already have. I understand some can't handle a little god talk or just avoid it.
    It's easy to spot the people who come here to lord over everyone or just because they like to argue.
    I think it might be better to discover who the butt heads are and avoid them if you don't feel like having an arguement or you can read the threads with an open mind, and make your own choice about what you believe. we don't need GB to turn into a politically correct nanny state where we are protected from others god given right to express their oppinion...sorry if that is too religious for anyone[:I]
    edited November -1
    quote:Since I discovered this forum, I have directed at least 12 individuals here who occasionally buy guns and 4 who are now regular sellers and buyers on GB.

I know for a fact that several of them have also directed a number of people here who have purchased firearms and accessories, some who do so regularly.

That's just me passing on general information about the site.

Multiply that by dozens of current forum members or more.

How is that for stand up comedy?

No one is going to ban discussions on gun rights and the Constitution. For cryin' out loud, there is even a whole forum dedicated to just such topics.

Just the same, no member gets to dictate forum policy. There have been a few that demanded things be done their way or they would take their business elsewhere, and tell all their friends to boot. They were not missed, only replaced by some of the hundreds of new buyers and sellers that sign up each month.

But, there are folks who think they can say, "I won't shop at Walmart anymore," or, "I'll never buy another GM car," and then pick up the financial pages and watch the stock prices drop. It ain't happening.
  • BaseJumperBaseJumper Member Posts: 5,570
    edited November -1
    What an adult and novel idea: Let's ban any conversation that stirs up emotions.

I think I just posted a "chart" yesterday that shows the de-evolution of a society (the average is 200 years). Shutting down conversations that stir emotion seems like it is right in that APATHY range.

Everything will be okay as long as we ignore it.

That is all.
    edited November -1
    No one is banning anything.