In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

A Restrictive Gun Law Liberals Will Avoid...

tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
To try and make a point, I would love to find a way to badger the anti-gun, liberal left-wingers to help me get a new restrictive gun law passed. The recent workplace shooting in KC made me think of this.

The law would read something like this: When ever someone is planning to go on a murderous rampage, they by law will be required to wear the bright orange hunters safety vest with a sign attached stating what kind of guns and calibers of guns they intend to use and where they intend to use them. Failure to follow this law will result in a mandantory additional 10 years sentence in prison.

Since the anti-gun crowds never loses their faith in more and more anti-gun laws, even though violent criminals keep right on violating those laws, do you think I can interest those idiots in getting yet another law passed?

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"

Comments

• pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like something that would work just as well as the other 20,000 national gun laws do. [}:)]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    My hope is that if asked to support this, yet another restrictive gun control law, the way this particular idea is constructed would force even the most extreme anti-gunner to not want anything to do with helping getting it offered for passage as a new law. And of course you can then press the anti-gunner for his/her reason for not wanting to support a gun control law and they would find themselves in a corner in that they would have to admit the proposed law WOULD DO ABSOUTELY NO GOOD WHAT-SO-EVER. And then of course our response is that THIS IS TRUE OF MOST GUN LAWS! The law is only obeyed by the peaceful, lawful citizens. So any laws passed only impact those good citizens and THE CRIMINALS IGNORE ANY AND ALL LAWS.

That is the point I would like to see the liberals have no choice but to make for me.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A gun law that liberals would avoid? Well I suppose they'd stick up for the right of a pregnant woman to have a handgun to help with her "partial birth abortion" [:(!] but that's about it.

To sum my beliefs up for you:

Abortion=Bad
    Guns=Good
  • OhotnikOhotnik Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You know, those red commie idiots would allow the law you came up with, well... maybe. If they fell for it, the majority of the population would not see how the fraud was exposed before their very eyes! And DSmith, the idea of the liberal is this: "It's okay for me to have a gun, but it's ot okay for the average citizen (who isn't me.)" Just ask Rosie O'Donnell (spoons made her a whale), whose bodyguard is armed! And John Kerry, who just loves to go shoot some Trap-n-Skeet, but the average citizen is not supposed to do that. They cannot be trusted! But criminals can be trusted to obey gun laws [|)], can't they? Murder is okay, but self-defense is not? That's what your local commies and liberals think.

How about we just go ahead and drown John "F'ing" Kerry in a vat of Heinz(R) Catsup? [:D]

What's wrong with having a tank? If a bad dude uses a tank, then a good dude can use a TOW.
    -Hunter
    edited November -1
    Yep, Ohotnick, your're onto to it. My goal was to craft a law that would expose the ignorance of passing more and more gun laws. And to expose the mindless hypocrisy of those people how are dumb enough to actually support such a law.

It's kinda funny really, to visualize going to a town council meeting of one of those cities where the town council is totally anti-gun and are always passing or trying to pass anti-gun laws. Stand up and state you want to pass another gun control law and the whole council would be all smiles. But when you stated exactly what kind of law you wanted to pass (mine for example) it would be hilarious to see that town council try to back away from it real fast.

Hey, it COULD work.

• TexdocTexdoc Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    TR...some time ago I found one I felt was well thought out.......after a few tequilas...

LAW: It is illegal to wear a bulletproof vest while committing a murder.
    CITATION: 2C:39-13 Unlawful use of body vests.
    ACTUAL: A person is guilty of a crime if he uses or wears a body vest while engaged in the commission of, or an attempt to commit, or flight after committing or attempting to commit murder, manslaughter, robbery, sexual assault, burglary, kidnapping, criminal escape or assault under N.J.S.2C:12-1b. Use or wearing a body vest while engaged in the commission of, or an attempt to commit, or flight after committing or attempting to commit a crime of the first degree is a crime of the second degree. Otherwise it is a crime of the third degree.

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?"
    Clint Smith
    edited November -1
    Texdoc: I just read your interesting post. I wonder if that was some kind of inside joke? I mean if someone sets out to commit murder are they really and truly going to obey any other laws such as the fact that is illegal to wear bullet proof vests during the commission of that murder. I can't believe the framers of that law actually thought it was worth their time to get that passed. Do you know if it was a serious attempt to combat crime or just a joke?