In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

time for a change...

dads-freeholddads-freehold Member Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
greetings, well with the daliy revelations it is time for gun owners to consider alternative representation. face it barring another 911 or something simular the repugnats are going to lose big in the mid terms, and unless we begin to support demos ( which i see as a loosing prop) you had better get behind libertarians or independents. other wise it may be us that lose big. i used to have on my profile in latin between a rock and a hard place, well sports fans it's here...

Comments

• Options
    warriorsfanwarriorsfan Member Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like the Libertarians, but I do have some issues with some of their beliefs. I do not think all drugs should be legalized. Marijuana sure, but heroin and meth? No way. They also favor an open border policy and unrestricted immigration, which I also do not agree with. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe both the NRA and the GOA publish report cards of politicians on the issue of gun rights. The GOA is much stricter in their grading guidelines, so you could always use their report card and support the politicians who get A's, believe it or not there actually are some.
  • Options
    dads-freeholddads-freehold Member Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    greetings again, look sooner or later your going to have to make so dire choices, as far as report cards go ( and i agree that the goa is by far the more accurate on gun issues), well let me put it this way some are trying desparately to distance themselves from this administration, for very good reasons, a lot of congress ( both sides ) are in danger of being exposed. i personally think this is why there has only been rumblings instead of an earthquake on capital hill...in another 2 points and g w is history and in the mid terms most of repugs up for reelection are gone. in the house 15 will change the balence, there is spec that they will lose up to 40. in the senate the score is much closer and that is looking dire also. as a side issue this repub controled congress has done zilch for gun owners ( oh they saved gun manufacturers ) but have they helped the average gun owner under thousands of unjust and daconian laws? no and they have no intention to, because they to feel that they are above the laws they institute, laws are for the common folk not the elistist...
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Well, DadsF;
    Good to see you posting again.

I really don't believe that there is enough reasoning, thinking adults left in America to make a difference voting. The average Kool-Aid drinker will follow the leader right over the edge.

Yellow Dog Democrat was a curse word when I grew up..the exact same person in Republican garb had no word that I ever heard. Those types of people are identical pathetic examples of a run-out seed..manhood destroyed.
    Unable to think for themselves..they will defend unto death whatever their party leader tells them..and any actions will also be condoned by these robotrons.
    I no longer fear for the Republic. There IS no Republic anymore....
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    As long as we only have a two party choice, each party need only be very slightly different than the other party in order to attract the supporters/voters/specific groups they want/need to attract to win the election.

For example, if one considers the Democratic party to always be anti-gun, the Republicans could actually be just netural on the subject and still attract gun owners simply because if the gun owners can't turn to the Democrats then the the only choice left is the Republicans.

And believe me all politicians know how this works. We need a viable 3rd and 4th party. Problem is that no 3rd or 4th party will be successful until it demonstrates to the American voters that it can be and is successful. Kinda a catch 22 type situation. Kinda like I want to hire someone to build a house for me but I won't trust anyone to do the job unless they do the job first and then I will trust them enough to go ahead and hire them. Not the best example, but you get the idea.
  • Options
    jaflowersjaflowers Member Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    not to be the total pesimist(sp?) in the group but it seems to me for the last several years it hasn't made a damn bit of difference what the voters who put these people (scumbags, liars, con artist) into office want. They pass laws based solely upon their opinion or the minorities wants, not what the vast majority of their voters want. they spend our tax money without a seconds worth of concern, as long as they benefit. approving multi billion dollar aid packages before an assesment can be made, before any reasonable thought has been given, without any hesitation. I know they can print more but that is a large part of our problem too. pretty soon our dollar is going to be the coolest outhouse wallpaper anyone has ever seen. then our freedoms and rights, that's another huge issue that they show no concern or thought for passing such crap as the Patriot Act, NAFTA, gun legislation that has no bearing on crime. pretty soon we'll be "showing our papers" just to drive to another state.[xx(]
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dads-freehold,
    Like Highball said, it's GOOD to see you posting again.
    It's been a while.

I agree that the two parties presently in power, do NOT have the public's best interest in mind. It IS time for a change. (If it is not too late) Both the wife and I are registered Libertarians. Does that tell you where we stand.

I will USE the power of the vote in one hand, hoping for change. Not to be caught off guard, in the other hand, I will be armed.

warriorsfan,
    I also have issues with some of the Libertarians platform. There is NO one party that I can agree with 100%. I feel that each person has to make up their own mind about which party you have MORE issues with, and which one is MORE in line with your personal views.
    The Reps and Dems AIN'T cutting it, for me.
  • Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Research the candidates and vote your conscience.

If that doesn't work, we should all move to the same state.[;)]
  • Options
    codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by WoundedWolf
    Research the candidates and vote your conscience.

If that doesn't work, we should all move to the same state.[;)]

FSP.org

It's already started. I may be late, but better late than never.