In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

PA, Guns & Storage Auctions

johnnymnemonicjohnnymnemonic Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
Ok...wondering if anyone in Pennsylvania could give me some insight as to what to do here. I hope I'm posting this in the right forum.

I bought a storage unit at an auction the other day. When I got to the back of the unit I found two rifles, one was a Norinco NHM-91 and the other an NHM-90.

My question is a)Do these rifles need to be registered in Pennsylvania and b)What do I need to do to accomplish this? I've owned guns all my life, but never had an AK style rifle. I'd definitely like to keep one but I'm unsure about the laws in PA concerning semi-automatic rifles and registration.

Can anyone give me any insight? Thanks!

Mods, if this is in the wrong forum could you kindly move it to the correct forum (if this is possible with your forum software)?

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    no registration of any rifles in PA...you can sell rifles and shotguns FTF with no NICS check.

There are no AWB in PA, so enjoy your find[:)]
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    OH...MY...GOD !!!
    JOHNNY...YOU HAVE BROKEN at LEAST a dozen serious gun laws...any ONE of which will get you ten years in the slammer !!!

Your ONLy hope is to package those guns up and send them to my FFL (address follows) where I can IMMEDIATELY start proceding to exonerate you of your legal troubles !!

(The above is a joke..even IF it is in poor taste) The Poor taste is, in fact, the FACT that you a citizen would even have to CONSIDER asking that question. Just another example of the tyranny we live under.)

That being said..welcome to the forums...congratulations on you stroke of luck..keep your mouth shut about it..and hope that PBJloaf is correct.

There are netsites for your state that will contain this information, also.
    Looks like a straighforward auction sale of firearmes...in My state..Okla...nothing to it.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No reason I can see to move this thread.

For your own peace of mind, you might have them ran, to see if they have been reported stolen. If they haven't been, enjoy your new rifles. [:D]

Why only keep ONE of them, why not both?
  • johnnymnemonicjohnnymnemonic Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    PBJloaf...hanks for the response. I appreciate the insight. It's good to know in PA there's less hoops to jump through but I just wanted to make sure. I can't wait to get these things to the range this weekend...there was probably about 1,000 rounds or more of ammo in the storage unit as well so i plan to have some fun at the local quarry [:)]

Highball...funny [:)]. I agree, it is a shame I had to even ask the question...but I wanted to make sure before I go carting my find around rubbing it in to family members [8D]. PA is pretty good I guess...when I bought my Sigma .40 earlier this year I was in and out in 10 minutes...not like when I bought my first handgun many moons ago where there was a 7 day wait.

Pickkenup...I'll talk to my local gun dealer see if he thinks it's necessary. I highly doubt they are stolen the guy that left these in the locker was a serious gun owner...there's all kinds of reloading equipment in there, about 15 magazines for the norinco's, lots of ammo, etc. As to why keeping only one...they're too similar and the main reason I go to these storage auctions is to MAKE MONEY [:)]. If they were much different guns I'd hang onto both of them but since they're so much alike I'll probably sell the one I decide not to keep....besides two of my brothers are ready to fight as to who gets dibs on the one I don't keep.
  • DucksterDuckster Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Enjoy your new toys, and congrats. They're yours free and clear.