In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Heres what magazine limit laws dont do

miker4_umiker4_u Member Posts: 110 ✭✭
A while back a friend and I were in Arazona visiting another freind and we had a bet that I could out shoot his AK with a AR that only had ten round clip's because thats all we are aloud to have here in California. My buddy had his AK47 with a 75 round drum attached. We started shooting and I went thru my ten clips of 10 rounds each far sooner then he could finish the 75 round drum mag. Both guns were semi auto only. as you know the AR15 will cycle much faster then the AK because of the Gas piston the AK47 uses.

My Buddy was blown away by how fast I can change a Magazine I spent weeks practicing even in the dark because no one is going to out shoot me and limit my ability to protect my self. So what good is the magazine limit laws here in California? I say if a person practices they can nearly macth a high Capacity Magazine. A lesson well learned and a skill that may save your life some day.

God bless!
Be safe!

Comments

• BGHillbillyBGHillbilly Member Posts: 1,927 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, practice is everything, my brother used to duck hunt with a guy and the game wardens checked thirt guns every trip to the blind. Why?, because his friend had learned to hold two shells in his hand and developed his technique to the point that he fired 5 rounds thru his legally pluged pump gun as fast as most people would an unpluged gun.

And then to your example, it takes a while to reload that 75 rnd drum, better have another mag. where as you can start reloading if opportunity presents after 10 rnds.
  • miker4_umiker4_u Member Posts: 110 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by melkor
    Heres a clue, Use 30 round mags instead of 10's and U will be 3 times faster..... CHRIST ! [V]

ps. your freind must be a retard.[:p]
    We are limited to 10 round clips here in California, I would never admitt to haveing a 30 rnd clip here after all they will come and arrest you for that.

I just don't know who would even think of breaking the law here in California all the people I know only have 10 round clips as far as I know anyway I would swear to it on the Bible. Oh ya that's right I heard of some guys that have the high Cap mags before the band they are still legal just not on public lands.

Oh and you are right about my Buddy He is a retard but we get along pretty darn good so I guess I'm probably a retard as well I must be for living in California that's for sure. But according to Obama we can share the blame so it must be someone else fault that we are retards. I bet its Barney Franks fault because I feal sort of retarded after about 5 minutes into one of his speeches.[:D]
  • ringchildringchild Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by miker4_u

Oh ya that's right I heard of some guys that have the high Cap mags before the band they are still legal just not on public lands.

that's right, there were a bunch of us that had a nice stock of mags before the ban.
    really.
    i bought it from ellingston's in san mateo before they closed back in the 80's.
    no, i didn't keep the reciept......didn't occur to me that i'd have to, back in '83.
    but see the date stamp on my g3 mags? it's from the 70's.

not that it would matter, because you can buy all the standard cap(high cap, as per kalif's definition) parts kits that you want, as long as you don't use them to assemble new mags, but to repair all of those mags you bought at that swap meet back in '93.

"Damaged or destroyed "High-Capacity Magazines" can be made to function again by replacing the damaged parts. One serviceable part must remain intact from the original magazine. The example given by the DOJ Staff was "If you were to run over your "High-Capacity Magazine" with your car and only the follower was left intact, you could legally order replacement parts such as the magazine body, spring and floorplate to make your magazine function again." "

yup.
    glad i thought it was a good idea to stock up on all of these mags for the y2k scare.
    too bad so many were so rusty. must have been why they were so cheap.
    glad i was able to repair them with new bodies.....
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ringchild
    quote:Originally posted by miker4_u

Oh ya that's right I heard of some guys that have the high Cap mags before the band they are still legal just not on public lands.

that's right, there were a bunch of us that had a nice stock of mags before the ban.
    really.
    i bought it from ellingston's in san mateo before they closed back in the 80's.
    no, i didn't keep the reciept......didn't occur to me that i'd have to, back in '83.
    but see the date stamp on my g3 mags? it's from the 70's.

not that it would matter, because you can buy all the standard cap(high cap, as per kalif's definition) parts kits that you want, as long as you don't use them to assemble new mags, but to repair all of those mags you bought at that swap meet back in '93.

"Damaged or destroyed "High-Capacity Magazines" can be made to function again by replacing the damaged parts. One serviceable part must remain intact from the original magazine. The example given by the DOJ Staff was "If you were to run over your "High-Capacity Magazine" with your car and only the follower was left intact, you could legally order replacement parts such as the magazine body, spring and floorplate to make your magazine function again." "

yup.
    glad i thought it was a good idea to stock up on all of these mags for the y2k scare.
    too bad so many were so rusty. must have been why they were so cheap.
    glad i was able to repair them with new bodies.....

[;)]
  • melkormelkor Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    U just need a gatling gun and alot of 45-70 [:)]
    edited November -1
    U just need a gatling gun and alot of 45-70 [:)]
    Will you ship to california?[:o)]
  • melkormelkor Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sry, No shipping to CA [:D] Get a place in Arizona, like everyone else.
    edited November -1
    Sry, No shipping to CA [:D] Get a place in Arizona, like everyone else.
    I have 100 acres of prime forest in Upper Michigan, My home state, Were I was born and raised, with two Cabins and a Trout filled beaver pond in my back yard.

I might consider Arizona and really I could care less if you or anyone ships to California. I buy my ammo from the same place's most of the sellers on GB do I also make my own brass, Bullets etc. But won't ship to you! But will ship to others in your state. Not because I don't like you I'm just trying to show you how a bigot acts. SRY back! witch because I cant use the B.
  • pumaman9pumaman9 Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:I would never admitt to haveing a 30 rnd clip here after all they will come and arrest you for that.

no...they wont.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=165081

quote from a CGF guru bill weise, re hi cap mags in cal:

"Occasionally people get popped for confusion.

CGF has just about settled one case just like this - the DA did a nonfile and ran away from the charges faster than we could attack back.

Zillions of folks have hicaps they got before 2000 and should not be afraid to use them. Even most cops seem to be aware of this. From a practical point, don't worry. If questioned about your legal hicap magazine, tell the truth: "I got it before 2000 and am allowed to retain it and use it in any firearm for which it can legally be used."

Bill Wiese
    San Jose, CA
    CGF Board Member /NRA Patron Member / CRPA Life Member"