In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Image Post For quickdrawspop

nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
He emailed me this image and asked me to post it. Sorry, but I didn't get around to it very timely.

s_permit.jpg

It is a cool image making a valid point.

Comments

• tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Dang! I like it! In a rational world, we would only need to carry a copy of the constitutional bill of rights and when challenged by someone about us carrying/owning guns, merely settle the issue by presenting them with the bill of rights.

Sadly, we do not live in such a rational world. Maybe someday.
  • Wagon WheelWagon Wheel Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nunn:
    Thank You Very Much For Posting The Picture. I Should Have Told You To Post It From Wagon Wheel. I Thought You Would Remember We Changed My Name Last Year. I Was/Am Not Computer Savvy Enough To Have Done It Myself.

It Reflects My Sentiment 100%, BOTH As A Hunter AND As A Gun Owner. At Least Now It Is Out There For People To See Now And I Hope QD67 Is Not Offended By The Source.

Hopefully More People Will Agree, Come Together And Fight To Restore The Constitution To Its Prior Intent.
    edited November -1
    A Little Gun Humor;
    Top Ten Reasons Men Prefer Guns Over Women:

#10. You can trade an old 44 for a new 22.

#9. You can keep one gun at home and have another for when you're on the road.

#8. If you admire a friend's gun and tell him so, he will probably let you try it out a few times.

#7. Your primary gun doesn't mind if you keep another gun for a backup.

#6. Your gun will stay with you even if you run out of ammo.

#5. A gun doesn't take up a lot of closet space.

#4. Guns function normally every day of the month.

#3. A gun doesn't ask, "Do these new grips make me look fat?"

#2. A gun doesn't mind if you go to sleep after you use it.

And the number one reason a gun is favored over a woman....
    Drum roll, please!

#1. YOU CAN BUY A SILENCER FOR A GUN.
  • dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wagon Wheel, those jokes are old but still very funny. [:)]
    edited November -1
    Thanks. I just wish I could buy a silencer.

That's the real joke!!
    edited November -1
    If you are talking about a silencer for your wife, no can do. Grab a beer.

If you wanted a silencer for your gun, it is possible to legally own them in most states.

A silencer is considered a Class III item, which means that in order to own it, you would have to fill out a Form 1, or Form 3 (I think those are the numbers) either to make and register a silencer, or to transfer a silencer. You'd have to get a Class III manufacturer to make you one, fill out the paperwork, register your fingerprints, and get a passport photo taken, and wait for ATF approval in order to legally get a silencer.
    edited November -1
    Well friend it's gonna get worse.

I have had this for a long time. Never posted it because its so hard to read. I cut and paste it to 'Word" then blow it up. Look up (web search) Public Law 87-297.
    Then read:
    THE UNITED STATES PROGRAM FOR GENERAL AND COMPLETE DISARMAMENT IN A PEACEFUL WORLD.

DEPARTMENT OF STATE PUBLICATION 7277 Disarmament Series 5 Released September 1961
    Office of Public Services BUREAU OF PUBLIC AFFAIRS ...

"The manufacture of armaments would be prohibited except for those of agreed types and quantities to be used by the U.N. Peace Force and those required to maintain internal order. All other armaments would be destroyed or converted to peaceful purposes."

Shortcut to: http://www.mikenew.com/pub7277.html

Then......

Model State Emergency Health Powers Act:

You Need To Read This!!! Unfortunately my State has subscribed. In case of a Health emergency, Authorizes the Establishment of "Martial Law" and Authorizes the "Confiscation" of ALL Privately Owned Firearms And Ammunition. Check your states status.

Shortcut to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model_State_Emergency_Health_Powers_Act
    edited November -1
    dsmith

Got a beer, Don't need a silencer for the wife, and jumped all the hoops I plan to. That ain't one of 'em.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wagon Wheel
    dsmith

Got a beer, Don't need a silencer for the wife, and jumped all the hoops I plan to. That ain't one of 'em.

Granted, I don't agree with laws regulating silencers. I wasn't posting support for the law, just stating what the law says.
  • WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:If you are talking about a silencer for your wife, no can do. Grab a beer.

...or an icepick to the eardrum. Mine, not hers, of course.

[:o)]