In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How many people here vote?

loruslorus Member Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
I wonder if there is data on what percentage of firearm owners vote.

Comments

• CFPythonCFPython Member Posts: 413 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would hope most of us.

The only thing worse than lawbreakers, are lawmakers.
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's a big affirmative, here!!!!

Death to Tyrants!!!

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
  • NOTPARSNOTPARS Member Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I seem to recall that the NRA used to have some statistics, I don't know how they were collected, on how many gun owners voted. I remember it wasn't very good. It would seem that in the last several elections this has changed. I hope.
    edited November -1
    I don't know what the sense would be if the people who are in the NRA aren't registered to vote. Part of their voice is in their vote.

Death to Tyrants!!!

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

• Smokeeater 38Smokeeater 38 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    I vote each time.

Get the job done and come home safe guys.

I rush in where others flee.
  • nitrouznitrouz Member Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I vote and also take the time to let my elected officials know how I stand on the issues. With the internet it makes it all so much easier.

California.bmp?bcRq1r.AjsEN8GKO
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I vote, make phone calls, send letters and emails. If you don't vote, you don't have any right to bi*ch.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • MusenicMusenic Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's an affirmative!
  • NOTPARSNOTPARS Member Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Folks, I know this is not news to anyone, but I was wondering how much this attitude still persists. Occasionally I here people who shoot, whether hunting, trap, target, ducks, pistol, and so forth express less than enthusiasm over the right to keep and bear arms because it does not necessarily impact their own aspect of the firearms hobby and so forth. I know that the NRA and others have gone to great lengths trying to compel all of us to realize we are in this together. I hope, by now, everyone regardless of what aspect of firearms interests them, that we all realize this.
    edited November -1
    Those people are the same ones that would pull another guy in front of them to keep themselves from being shot. You know which ones you are....

I know which ones you are, and to any that have ever dared confront me on my "extremist" beliefs about my rights, versus your imaginary "right" to hunt, yesterday, today, or ever, You are candy assed cowards!!! Yes, you heard that right. I stand by my word, no matter how many people's feelings are hurt.

"What do you mean, I hurt your feelings? I didn't know you had any feelings."

Death to Tyrants!!!

• MusenicMusenic Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm a voter...hell I'm even registered as a democrat so I can vote in the primary for the candidate that tolerates guns! I've also written the president regarding the assault weapons ban. Hopefully the house will do as the majority leader said and not even vote on the renewal.
  • gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Easy Gunphreak, remember that the Nazis used to line POW's up to see how many would be penetrated by a single shot. (bad idea to pull someone in front of you to avoid a bullet unless it's playboy spooks' Wunderllama)
    I registered when I turned 18 and haven't even missed a school board election!

If you know it all; you must have been listening.WEAR EAR PROTECTION!
    edited November -1
    Hey, anyone who pulls another guy in front of him to save himself is a pathetic wretch, anyhow, and deserves to be hit, too.

Keep voting, cause if you don't then you're not justified in bitching about it.

Death to Tyrants!!!

• ChickenfarmerChickenfarmer Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I Vote And exercise my right to arm bears

moving%20hammerman%2Egif?did=1&t=4qWP9on!3DLJY!Ue9thja!VYuy7F!vB8vA5YfIa1SDPSeNaEYSF1Uc7Odwym5AOt4RCHJONYE8gbUCmxJ282tvQg$$&p=4IpdfrKWyFhjGUYXu5lajlPahD7nRBz0aFsuH0P8HedMQGfP2Eblw9mFrDOooptGTE98qxaFCW*vX3Ra8PARW!A88IfjXxhht9dKh1AApIni4vcVNfpZnFeIbB64lp*iOIUsoYctXzNhlBPxv1A!ao1L9ny6mgQcU8EcogEwU1ZEwPIUpYfk4Gdn2p0D!yOk48fjhV5jpLb*A$I will die on my feet before i live on my knees......after they get ALL my bullets...ONE AT A TIME
    edited November -1
    Me too, chickenfarmer.[:D]

Death to Tyrants!!!

• EOD GuyEOD Guy Member Posts: 931
    edited November -1
    Gun owners don't vote.

There was a survey reported by the California Rifle and Pistol Association where a list of 12,000 people on gun show mailing lists were checked against voter registration rolls. Of the 12,000 names checked, 670 (5.6%) were registered to vote. How many actually voted is not known, but it was probably less than 400. This is pitiful. No wonder California is going downhill fast.

When people were asked to register at voter registration tables set up at gun shows, they gave every excuse in the world for not registering to vote. A couple were: "I don't want to get on a government list!" (like they weren't already on several) or "I don't want to be called for jury duty!" (California also uses DMV records to select jurors)
  • warcrobwarcrob Member Posts: 358 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I look at it this way. If you don't vote you have no reason to complain about the government. I vote and I complain in order to get things changed!

If you ain't got a sesne of humor you got no business bein here!
  • 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    i vote

SEMPER FI
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    I used to...haven't in a while.[:0]And I am NOT making excuses.[:(!]The system is broke![V] I know I know-Its the ONLY one we have...[xx(]I LOVE my country,My flag and all.[:)]I just had a hard time voting,knowing that in order to secure a vote on guns our rep. would have to do the Lets Make a Deal thing and sign to other bills he didn't believe in.[:(]I have quoted MANY times all that you are saying.I am not complaining,you r correct,I do not believe I have that right as I did not vote.I am having a problem doing it in clear concience.....[V]
  • Delta514Delta514 Member Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My Sentiments Exactly

I had always voted, from the time I could vote. Now it is truly academic at best.

If Voting actually counted for much? Would that not be equivalent to = "WHICH DOG YOU WOULD PREFER TO BITE YOU"? These people are Hand Picked and Promoted, they did not achieve their station by running against the Wind. Common Sense decrees: Their Loyalty is to their Promoters, (friend; that an't us).

If and When Guns are eliminated from our Society, I fear: "Only Outlaws will have Guns". Now what does that statement mean? From my simplistic view point > "OUTLAWS" = Those of us, which did not turn in our guns! or does it mean? = "THE FEDERAL POLICE STATE"? Let Histoy answer this question.

ASK YOURSELF: How did the Gun bearing American Citizen become SUSPECT? (or ask yourself "WHY")

I have, in my 58 years, only known of very few (so called Leaders) to "Tell it like it is". One of late and in particular was the "Honorable' James Trafficant", (of Ohio), That Gentelman now dwells in a Federally Sponsored Cell. Good work James, Good work Ohio. That tells me of my destiny, for "Truth" will not set you Free - If no one wants to hear it.

I would much prefer to be a Victim of Virtue than of Vice.

"Democracy Is not Self Sustaining" [:(!]

USMC: "Always Faithful" ~~~~~~~~~ US SF: "Liberators of the Oppressed"

These are not merely words, they are a Philosophy, if you don't have a Philosophy, you had better get one. "For a Life without a Philosophy is EXISTENCE without Purpose". If you have a Philosophy which incorporates "Of the People, By the People and For the People" , you will have my vote.

Ronnie G. Perkins
    edited November -1
    Ronnie,
    Wow there is someone out there that agrees??/[:0]All this time I thought,well never mind what I thought![;)]I had a friend that always said,
    "Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6"
    Course bein tried sure is a scary deal....Sigh!!!!!!!![V][xx(]
  • badlandsgunbadlandsgun Member Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I Vote[8D] Although it does feel like a lost cause time to time. I tried to get Goofy elected mayor of our town instead of the pthead we have in there right now and Goofy recieved over 300 votes!

All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand.
    edited November -1
    See....I could have backed him.....(Goofy)
  • Delta514Delta514 Member Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Voting has become Academic at beest! Bad Leaders Promoted to High Office by Bad Men.

Equivlant to: Chosing whether the PitBull bites you or the Doberman?

If two Bad Canidates are Presented, how can anyone be expected to make a choice that isn't a Bad Choice?

After Nixon and George Senior: Watergate to Silverado: We Wait and Pray for another Thomas Jefferson = What do we get? >William Jefferson!

Then are Presented with > Al (Just dump it on the back 40) Gore, and "Junior" (Let's Bomb Something) Bush!

There is only one more step DownHill from here, and "SHE" has powerful Friends! The "Good News"
    Everything from that point is UP^ [xx(]

Ronnie G. Perkins
    edited November -1
    Thanks Ronnie.....I was allready depressed!........Ah well....sigh....
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    I'm 46 now and have voted in every election since age 18. Even while deployed overseas with the Navy I voted absentee. If you don't think your vote counts, why did the networks call Florida for Gore so early in the 2000 election? Florida is divided by Eastern and Central time. The Eastern half where the chad pickers live was mostly Gore supporters. The Central Zone contains Eglin AFB, Pensacola NAS, Corry Field, NAS Whiting Field, etc and about a zillion military retirees. On your way to the polls to vote at five PM Central Time (remember polls were still open in Central) you hear on the radio that Gore won Florida, you say "Why waste my time?" and turn around and go home. Had the people in Western Florida gone ahead and made it to the polls, there would have been no question that Bush took Florida. Don't believe for a minute the networks didn't know what they were doing. Get out and vote! EVERYTIME YOU CAN

He That Pays The Piper Calls The Tune.
    edited November -1
    How ironic ,your quote,fact is it is big businessa and such that "pay the piper" so um who is callin the tune?
    edited November -1
    Demokrats = Big Government

Republikans = Big Business

Vote third party.

Death to Tyrants!!!

edited November -1
    Phreak!!??? are you running????
  • hunter223hunter223 Member Posts: 628 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    anyone that is a gun owner better damn sure vote if you want to keep them. You can bet your * i am.
  • scksck Member Posts: 145 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Voting in Ohio is something of a problem. ALL the politicans that run on the state-wide level are anti-gun. In that case, what difference does it make who votes?
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    sck: You ask an honest question. I don't know the whole answer, but find the politians who are less "anti-gun" than the others and supprort and vote for them. Consider running yourself.

When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions.
    edited November -1
    The politicians are much like the antis...lets see this one says it is ok to hunt,this one says no A.W.,this one says no semi's at all,this one NO handguns.So it seems the dude that says HUNTING is ok is the best right?Notice that he did not say WHAT he/she thought about GUNS just it was ok to hunt......
  • scksck Member Posts: 145 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the suggestion, TR but no thanks. An extremely wealthy gun show promoter took your advise and ran for U.S. Senate last time around. Cost him millions, received less than 1% of the vote in the primary and made pro-gun folks look like right wing lunatics.
    edited November -1
    I sympathize bud,moved to Ohio for bout 4 years,gave up.Back to the North woods,Colder,more snow,more bugs but the price wasn't worth it for me there.Liked it well enough,lived over in the hill country...just wasn't for me I guess....Best to ya.L.H.
  • astute_observerastute_observer Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You bet I vote, with a passion! I am 56 and have voted in every election since I became eligible. After the showdown in Florida during the last electio , I cannot imagine anyone believing that one vote doesn't count.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by astute_observer
    You bet I vote, with a passion! I am 56 and have voted in every election since I became eligible. After the showdown in Florida during the last electio , I cannot imagine anyone believing that one vote doesn't count.

And I can agree with you here,within certain perameters....I mean the choice WAS the lesser of the two evils,iin my opinion.Thats the way I always had to vote,not for whom I thought would do a good job,just for whom I thought would do a better job than the worst....[V]L.H.