In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Third Party Politics...We Need em!!

longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
I really believe we do.I also believe they can work..they do however have to work in conjuction with the good ole boys club while gaining momentum.It CAN WORK>At first even if you do not elect someone,the 2 powers will see the influence that the 3rd is gaining,they want all the vote.See how G W doesn't wannna take sides on the gun issue?I do not believe that it has anything to do with He personally believes but it is fear of the movements votes.Same idea folks...its time to throw them out on their butts....The NRA needs to endorse more independant candidates and get the ENTIRE gun vote out there to vote.Just my thoughts...........L.H.

Comments

• Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    longhunter: I have long thought we needed a viable 3rd or even 4th or 5th party. However, I do worry about diluting the power of my vote, and the vote of gun owners for example, if we try and support a third party. Maybe we should examine how this has worked in other counties or other times. One idea I heard about a long time ago, in regards to not diluting our vote, is to allow voters to continue to vote once, but allow them to vote for as many canadidtes as they wish. I.E. you could vote for the Republiciancs AND the third or fourth party. Bottom line is that the canadiate with the most votes still wins, but you haven't "thrown away" your vote by using it to vote for the losing 3rd party. Makes sense to me.

When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions.
  • Options
    longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    It makes sense bud...but they'll never let it happen...I believe we must beat them on there court,their way.I say form a new party altogether...Perhaps the "constitutionalist" party....Seems if the actual idea was to run by the constitution that there would be enough favor for everyone concerned.I just can't stand behind the notion that a vote cast in good faith for a good candidate is wasted.They all read the numbers...face it ,it is a numbers game.If you vote and others and get say 10 percent oe whatever of the vote,they HAVE to isten to you,at least to some degree.They now know that your votes CAN make a difference and will have to vote at least in part in your favour.How can that be a waste? Also If the party can get folks to the poles the upset can be enormus...just think of all those that do not vote as the ones you need on your side.Get less than half and you could win anything.Its gotta start somewhere and build like any good thing.The option is to let let congress slowly and steadily erode the constitution until it is a complete joke,as will happen .I see no way to stop it the waythings are/have been.You must get enough to be taken seriously,like the NRA has....They can be a part of the whole,one supports the other.....L.H.