In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

GUN OWNERSHIP

tharaventharaven Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
I do believe we have the right and believe that it should not be infringed.
but even so, I know people personally that should not be allowed that right Imo.
Anyone besides me know someone like this and if so why not?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    i would like to know if my husband has been convicted with a felony, is it illegal for me the wife to own a gun and keep it in the house? even if i lock it up.
    thanks

jeannia hastey
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You might get more response, if you post this question in "ask the experts" forum.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    jeannia: I have only had personal contact with one citizen who got convicted of a felony. The rules he had to live under were that while on probation (maybe ever after probation) he was not supposed to even associate with someone like me who owned guns. There are some terrible unfair treatments of people convicted of non-violent felonlys although much to many people surpirse convicted felons CAN still vote. I have checked on this myself with the local election office. I personallyh feel that after a person has paid their debt to soceity the should get all their constituional rights back. Although I still have some doubts about violent felons having their gun rights restored.

When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions.
  • Options
    mpolansmpolans Member Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you are an NRA member, I suggest you put your question in writing and send it to:
    NRA Office of General Counsel
    11250 Waples Mill Rd.
    Fairfax, VA 22030
    They sometimes take a while to respond, but they usually provide good info and they're free.
    Or, if you're willing to spend money and want a quicker answer, call a local attorney.

quote:Originally posted by tharaven
    i would like to know if my husband has been convicted with a felony, is it illegal for me the wife to own a gun and keep it in the house? even if i lock it up.
    thanks

jeannia hastey
  • Options
    edited November -1
    what does the gene pool needs chlorine mean?
    jeannia

jeannia hastey
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    my guess is that it means the quality of modern day citizens is going down hill and the defective ones need to be eliminated at the source (the gene pool).

When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions.