In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Here's how some think...

Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
I was just reading on another forum and ran across this bizzare definition of the 2A.
It's no wonder guns are all but completely illegal. Anyway here's the quote.

quote:These elected officials are supposed to uphold,protect and defend the constitution when sworn in. The supreme court just indicated the second amendment "is for all the people to keep and bear arms(period)
and shall not be infringed, infringed,meaning, not to break the law)Thats the second part of the 2nd amendment.

Comments

• HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    That is the defination that Jim Rau and TR fox..and most of the posters over on General..will give you.

A bit convoluted..but basically the exact same meaning as their belief.
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    what's wrong with that definition? We can trust our politicians to have our best interests at heart. I mean all they want is common sense laws that any civilized person would agree with.

What about the children, don't you want to protect the children...............

[xx(][xx(][xx(]
  • slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sadly, ALL of out rights have been infringed on for many decades. Kind of like trying to lock the barn door after the horse got out.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by slumlord44
    Sadly, ALL of out rights have been infringed on for many decades. Kind of like trying to lock the barn door after the horse got out.
    horses hell they cannot even keep the manure in the stalls.......
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Todesengel
    what's wrong with that definition? We can trust our politicians to have our best interests at heart. I mean all they want is common sense laws that any civilized person would agree with.

What about the children, don't you want to protect the children...............[xx(][xx(][xx(]

Yes I can protect my son with products from Remington,Springfield Armory,Winchester,S&W,Eastern Arms ect,ect and so can he.[;)]
    Just a small part of what the 2A is all about.[;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag
    quote:Originally posted by Todesengel

What about the children, don't you want to protect the children...............[xx(][xx(][xx(]

Yes I can protect my son with products from Remington,Springfield Armory,Winchester,S&W,Eastern Arms ect,ect and so can he.[;)]
    Just a small part of what the 2A is all about.[;)]
    And I thank you for that, truly do. God better help all those who rely on the government for protection, I think we have seen how well that works already
  • zinkzink Member Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

As per the NRA, since 1871, to support enforceable gun control laws. Their words, not mine!

Lance
  • nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

You admit that you are not happy..."infringed on for many decades".

So why do you pay dues and support an organization that is not doing what: 1) they say they will do, 2) what you believe they will do 3) America needs.

If you want to piss your money down a rat hole....go for it, but thats stupid!

Why don't you give your money to the Canary *'s ??
    Abort Cuomo
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    "Keep" and "bear", Now where in that do I see "buy more"
  • Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    That is the defination that Jim Rau and TR fox..and most of the posters over on General..will give you.

A bit convoluted..but basically the exact same meaning as their belief.

Wrong again, as usual, you keep trying to put words in my mouth. I have said MANY times I consider 99% of the laws on the book reference the RTKABA's unconstitutionally ei: violate our rights. If you are going to discuss my beliefs get it right! Your prejudice is showing. [:(!]
    You get your panties in a twist if I call you an extremist, so don't make false statements about me. [;)]
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:and shall not be infringed, infringed,meaning, not to break the law)

Sorry, Jim ; You lose again.
    quote:I have said MANY times I consider 99% of the laws on the book reference the RTKABA's unconstitutionally ei: violate our rights.

You merely want us to believe that you are only a 'little bit' pregnant. We here can see you belly sticking WAYYYY out...and it is pretty indecent, let me tell you.
  • Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    quote:and shall not be infringed, infringed,meaning, not to break the law)

Sorry, Jim ; You lose again.
    quote:I have said MANY times I consider 99% of the laws on the book reference the RTKABA's unconstitutionally ei: violate our rights.

You merely want us to believe that you are only a 'little bit' pregnant. We here can see you belly sticking WAYYYY out...and it is pretty indecent, let me tell you.

Losing and winning is in the eye of the beholder when it comes to this issue. You are entitled to your opinion, and that is what it is! I consider close minded rigid people like you as losers, so I guess we are both entitled to our opinions. But most of all I see us all as losers here, but I guess you and yours still want to deny the reality of this issue. [;)]