In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ifticar, A Question or Two, If I May

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
You seem to be 'long on mouth' reference labeling myself and others who happen to post opinions that are what you term as anti-NRA views.

Being a new forum member and thus, not having fleshed out your positions on anything, how about you clarify a point or two for me, so I can properly assess "who" and "what" you are?

1) Do you believe that each of America's Citizens have a "God-given" or "Natural-right" to keep and bear arms, particularly and in this case, firearms?

2) Do you believe that Amendment II to the US Constitution enumerates an express prohibition on the Federal Government related to their regulating, controlling, prohibiting and otherwise "infringing" on an American Citizen's right to keep and bear arms, particularly firearms?

3) Do you believe that the government has the constitutional authority to prohibit certain of America's Citizens from carrying, owning, possessing or otherwise exercising their right to keep and bear arms?

4) Do you believe that the government has the constitutional authority to require a "permit", or otherwise to regulate and control the place, the time and the manner in which a citizen can exercise their right to keep and bear arms?

5) Do you support the stated goals of the NRA, related to working for "common sense gun laws" and for the NRA's support for the BATFE as an organization, their general goals and their enforcement mission?

I could go on, but you get the idea, I suspect.

Care to play sir?

Comments

• IfticarIfticar Member Posts: 58 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:1) Do you believe that each of America's Citizens have a "God-given" or "Natural-right" to keep and bear arms, particularly and in this case, firearms?

Absolutely.

quote:Do you believe that Amendment II to the US Constitution enumerates an express prohibition on the Federal Government related to their regulating, controlling, prohibiting and otherwise "infringing" on an American Citizen's right to keep and bear arms, particularly firearms?

That does kinda of go with "shall not be infringed" does it not?

quote:Do you believe that the government has the constitutional authority to prohibit certain of America's Citizens from carrying, owning, possessing or otherwise exercising their right to keep and bear arms?

If said citizens eligible to vote then there should be no prohibition against their owning weapons.

quote:Do you believe that the government has the constitutional authority to require a "permit", or otherwise to regulate and control the place, the time and the manner in which a citizen can exercise their right to keep and bear arms?

Hell no. I should be able to carry my fully automatic AK-47 on an airplane, fly to the Nations Capital and sit in House gallery with said fully automatic AK-47 (for which I should not have to pay a transfer tax).

quote:Do you support the stated goals of the NRA, related to working for "common sense gun laws" and for the NRA's support for the BATFE as an organization, their general goals and their enforcement mission?

I really know very little about today's NRA. The last time I was a member of the NRA was when I was on the college pistol team. I was required to be a member. That was over 40 years ago.

I do, however, follow the NRA Twitter as a way of keeping up with legislative alerts.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Thanks for taking the time to reply Ifticar. I appreciate it.

I hesitate to either start, or to keep a pissing contest going if I do not know the position the other guy is coming from.

In review of your post, I have to ask, what the hell do we have to argue about, other than the tone and terminology you used in some of your posts?

I gotta admit, I like the Mensa Members Against the NRA. A cheap shot, but funny.[:D] You would actually find some very well-reasoned and well thought out positions and arguments on individualism posted by some of the MMANRA, if you were to look.

If negative commentary about the NRA gets your hackles up, so be it. They have been the subject of much study and much debate here, for years.

I fall into the group who have made the studied conclusion that they are a clear danger to Amendment II, for good reason. Glad to elaborate, but there are mass numbers of previous NRA posts where my and other "anti" NRA views are outlined, many in great detail.

Anyway, welcome to the forum and I look forward to sharing some debate, a 'bit-o-sparring', some agreement, some disagreement and the posting of conclusion/opinion with you.

Jeff
  • IfticarIfticar Member Posts: 58 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:welcome to the forum and I look forward to sharing some debate, a 'bit-o-sparring', some agreement, some disagreement and the posting of conclusion/opinion with you.

Thank you.