In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Another California Reality Check

WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
Ok folks, put on your tin foil hats and googly eyed glasses, cuz its time for another California Reality Check!

My fiance won an auction on GB last week for a Springfield 1911 Ultra Compact in 9mm. So we headed down to our local gun shop to get the FFL transfer stuff lined up. This was her first handgun purchase, and my first in about 2 years. Okay, y'all ready for this?

Not only did she have to provide her "special" California-only Handgun Certificate, but she also had to provide a picture-ID (aka driver's license), AND because the California Dept. of Justice admits that a driver's license is so worthless in this state, she had to have a SECONDARY form of identification to prove residency! She could use her CAR REGISTRATION, PHONE BILL, etc.

I was LMAO! What the heck does it take to get a car registration or phone line? Nothing, except maybe a fake social security number.

Of course there was the usual baloney, like we will have to buy a gun lock before we can pick it up.

That's all from "Kalifornia" (pronounced Ka-lee-fah-nee-ah, like Ah-nuld).

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." -Gandhi

Comments

• 2gun2gun Member Posts: 318 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    to those who saw the last few minutes of 10.5 last night and thought"hmmmmmmm, i wonder......."

happiness is a warm gun, preferably preban
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • kaliforniankalifornian Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm ordered a new one in CA recently and to get it I had to do the same thing. Needed a drivers license, HSC (ie CA version of BFC), two thumbprints on two different docs, etc. I didn't know they now require a secondary form of ID, and didn't come prepared. I tried to give them my clergy card (laminated holigram imprinted id card from church with my name, address, ordination date, etc.), but that wasn't "valid" ID. Fortunately my name is on my wife's car, so I used her car registration which they took. They also said a utility bill would have worked, which is hillarious as I have moved around a bit in this state and every time I hooked up the utilities I didn't require much in the way of proof for my identity.

I also had to fill out a CA DOJ safe affidavit testifying under penalty of purjury I have a DOJ approved safe at home for storing my firearms so that I wouldn't have to purchases a trigger lock when I picked up the gun.

The funny part was, after I went through all of this stuff, I had to go to a different person to pay, and they wanted to see my ID when I gave them a credit card to pay for the gun that required all of that ID and paperwork to purchase. LOL!

Give it a few more years and they will want DNA samples and urine test.

Speaking of bad things in CA, I just read that the guy who keeps trying to pass a $0.05 per round ammo tax and other gun control laws has a CCW. When he got it, he was getting so much political heat that he declined to renew it when it expired recently. That makes at least 1 state senator and two US CA senators in this state who feel that they should be allowed to carry while the rest of us can't. While I can understand how weak minded people could be fearful of guns and oppose them (understand, not sympathize or agree wtih), I can't understand how these people can get away with being so hypocritical! [V][:(!][V][:(!]

shooter_ruler.gif
    http://ynot4free.com
  • WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow, I haven't run into the thumbprint thing yet. That is scary.

They pulled that gun safe affidavit crap on me too a couple years ago. They asked for the manufacturer and model# of the safe too so they can see if it is CA DOJ certified.

I think the whole system here is wacko, but I can concede to the logic of verifying identity in case I was a felon or something. But the joke is that not only can they not trust a California driver's license anymore (because they will give one to any illegal alien), but that the SECONDARY form of ID is totally useless too! I mean really, a PHONE BILL??? Like you said, Kalifornia, anybody can get a phone or utility hookup.

Not only do they make up these stupid laws, but they intentionally sabotage the enforcement of them. Perhaps this is the plan so that someday when an illegal alien walks into a gun shop, gives them his valid CA driver's license and his phone bill, then picks up a handgun and shoots up his family, the liberals can say "obviously the system doesn't work, therefore we need to stop selling firearms altogether".

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." -Gandhi
  • drygulchstandrygulchstan Member Posts: 321 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    glad i dont live there
  • WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thumbprinting is confirmed. My fiance went to fill out the paperwork for her new Springfield 1911 Ultra Compact 9mm. After she was done writing up the paperwork the guy pulls out an ink pad and says she has to stamp her thumbprint on the lower right corner of the DROS.

The apocalypse is on its way folks. If you live in California, buy all the ammo you can get (while you still can) and do whatever you can to get out of this God-forsaken state!!!

"History will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." -Gandhi
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would take that state,
    IF they gave it to me AND if all the fruits and nuts moved out.
    Oops, they ARE moving out, we are being Californicated around here.
    They moved out because they did not like what was going on there.
    Now they are trying to change things here, to match what they left there.

Wish the fruits and nuts would stay there.
    Let the others escape.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Speaking of bad things in CA, I just read that the guy who keeps trying to pass a $0.05 per round ammo tax and other gun control laws has a CCW. When he got it, he was getting so much political heat that he declined to renew it when it expired recently. That makes at least 1 state senator and two US CA senators in this state who feel that they should be allowed to carry while the rest of us can't. While I can understand how weak minded people could be fearful of guns and oppose them (understand, not sympathize or agree wtih), I can't understand how these people can get away with being so hypocritical

That was pistol packin' Don Perrata, and it didn't expire, the local Sheriff pulled it. He thinks Perrata is an A-hole too! Perrata is under investigation right now for Graft, so maybe he can think up some new anti-gun laws while he's sitting in San Quentin! BTW...He was next on the recall list if he had not been exposed in his backdoor payoff scam.