In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ignorance of the law becomes a valid defense?

DefenderDefender Member Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
Most states have gun laws. Even as we hate the laws they?_Tre for the most part relatively simple and somewhat easy to understand. That is everywhere but Kalifornia. There the laws are made up in pages and pages of ambiguous, complicated and confounded laws that no reasonably educated person could ever fully understand. Add to the mess that Kalifornia?_Ts Bolshevik politicians constantly make as many new laws as the can dream up to destroy any and all gun rights.

I am waiting for the argument of ignorance to be used as a defense.

Defender
Private investigator licensed in AZ & CA that specializes in self defense cases.

Comments

• EOD GuyEOD Guy Member Posts: 931
    edited November -1
    I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I don't think the California Dangerous Weapons Control Law is that complicated and can't be understood. It does however, require patience to follow along with the constant cross-referencing.

Of course, I've been working with Federal and state regulations for a long time and am used to the bureaucratic mumbo-jumbo.
  • DefenderDefender Member Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Let's start with the poor street cops that complain they can?_Tt keep up with these constantly changing convaluted laws or the various interpretations of them. Then there are all of the criminal lawyers who constantly complain about the lack of coherent writing abilities of the authors of these California laws.

I like to think that I can understand Illinois, Arizona and our various federal gun laws with the benefit of police academy training and loads of experience in numerous state and federal courts over the last 30 years. I can?_Tt say the same about the drivel that comes out of Sacramento.

Defender
    Private investigator licensed in AZ & CA that specializes in self defense cases.
  • MastersonMasterson Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have you ever heard about the North Hollywood Shootout that took place on February 28,1997 when 2 heavily armed gunmen slinged with FULLY AUTOMATIC ak47's and other suvbmachine guns robbed the Bank of America?? These guys were experts in robberies....and besides...the only other state thats as strict as California about gun laws is New Jersey
    Dig that
  • DefenderDefender Member Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    California's gun laws facilitate violent armed criminals.

Defender
  • riverriver Member Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • MuffinmanMuffinman Member Posts: 418 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Masterson
    Have you ever heard about the North Hollywood Shootout that took place on February 28,1997 when 2 heavily armed gunmen slinged with FULLY AUTOMATIC ak47's and other suvbmachine guns robbed the Bank of America?? These guys were experts in robberies....and besides...the only other state thats as strict as California about gun laws is New Jersey
    Dig that

The real story is these guys had been arrested "With All those guns" and the Judge not only released them he gave back there Weapons too. I never see that printed or refered to by the LAPD "Who blocked the sale of the video from Block Busters.
    edited November -1
    Look for the tape that has ACTUAL FOOTAGE of the shooting as it happened live in North Hollywood February 28,1997...There's 2 sets for 44 Minutes.....The movie (re-enactment)....and then the ACTUAL scene of the shootout as IT HAPPENED
  • MuffinmanMuffinman Member Posts: 418 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the real video I got from BB before they were told by the LAPD to stop the sale of it or they would get sued!

All I can say is the police were some lucky snots. If these guys had used aimed fire the morge would have been full that day!
    edited November -1
    That blows considering the fact that I don't actually own the Video at this time.. February 28 just happens to be on my birthday...I'm very serious, no joke..
    Larry Eugene Phillips was a natural Born killer... one of very 2 professional Bank robbers in Bank of America Branches..

This movie is my favorite of all time...no doubt