In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Would you have the support?

codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
Taking up arms against the current government, or excercising Option B, Do you think your family will support you in this decision?

Understand-your financial well being is severely compromised, you will lose your house and other possessions, your family will be put to the street or worse. Any institutional savings or assets will be forfeit. I have not asked at home but I will and pretty much know the answer. I will be showing up alone and single, having left my former life behind.....

When the meekest of men raise their fist at you in defiance, you have lost. It is just a matter then of admitting it to yourself.

Comments

• HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    3 out of 100.
    The rest will suffer any indignity..any insult..in order to avoid personal danger.
    Freedom means little to most...indeed, the whole concept is lost to the general public.

Freedom, you see, is going down to city hall and begging some breaurat for a license to build a dog house, today....
  • WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As I've said before, Highball, I think it is more like 3 in 1000, if not 10,000.

What would it take for me to not show up to work on Monday?

What would it take for me to gather my belongings right now and leave my home and my life forever?

What would it take for me to abandon my family, or even put their lives in danger?

Where would I go?

I think these are the questions that should be asked. I think it would take a natural or man-made disaster on a scale of Katrina or greater to force me out of my home and my life. If I just took off tonight, became an armed nomad bent on fighting the government, what purpose would that serve? Would I be able to find allies? Or would I just be seen as another crazy to be hunted down and institutionalized?

-Wolf

wwsm.GIF
    MOLON LABE

The Second Amendment begins when the First Amendment ends.
  • DefenderDefender Member Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Too many people are getting free money from the American tax payers to do anything but fight needed reforms. The Bolsheviks are in firm control as long as they can print worthless money.

Defender
    Private investigator licensed in AZ & CA that specializes in self defense cases.
    edited November -1
    Given present conditions...everything said above is true.

As the government makes ever more decisions such as "No personal property rights"..conditions are changing.
    The governments are eating up 65% of productivity in this country...and getting worse.

Given a law to "Turn in the guns".. I believe that a line will be crossed that is impossible to withdraw from.

I also believe that without strident objections from the grassroots,that law would ALREADY have been passed.

No futher proof required about the Anti-American objectives of those sitting in the hallowed halls of Congress.

Those without the guts to fight for freedom..deserve it not. That is why we live under the shadow of tyranny in this country today..and moving deeper into the darkness every day.
  • codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1
    But we digress. I asked if you would have the support at home. I brought it up in conversation, and my suspicion was confirmed. This prompted some VERY, VERY heated discussion in my house. I'd rather not go into the dirty details, but I would certainly be showing up to the fight (as I said) alone and single, having left my former life behind. I fully believe that my part in the struggle would be undermined by my spouse in a vain, and useless, attempt to preserve what modicum of security she believes she has.

When the meekest of men raise their fist at you in defiance, you have lost. It is just a matter then of admitting it to yourself.
    edited November -1
    Code;
    Don't feel too bad. Most of the 'men' in this country would cower under the bed, given that scene.

I invited my wife to bail out 10 years ago. She did...and single is where I will be.
    I have no intension of coming home to somebody that embraces the evil around us everyday...
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My other half, as she has done in the past, would back me.

I talk with her about some of the topics of discussion here on the forums. We are both of the same basic mind set. There will be no nomad insurgents. I really don't think that there is anything that the government could do, that would insight the people to rebel. Up to, and including, passing a law completely outlawing ALL guns. As long as they continue down the path they have chosen....to watch the speed in which they turn up the heat.

I base my opinion on history. On what they have done, are DOING, and have and are, getting away with. As pointed out by members in other threads, they ALREADY have, for the most part, disarmed some major cities. They have killed people. They have taken away most of your rights. Who, en masse, has stood to oppose them? On ANYTHING?

Look at WW's post. Not saying it is right or wrong, just realistic, that these are the questions people ask themselves. (Especially the one about allies) What would it take? Is there REALLY a line in the sand, that they can step over, that would cause men to be willing to give up EVERYTHING? After talking with people, and seeing the responses from members here on the forums, concerning a multitude of topics, I do not believe that there is. Not even the 3%. [:(]

Nomads fighting the fight, would not be the only necessities, were this to come to pass. Safe houses, supplies, information, etc. would also be needed. Help can come when you least expect it. At our age (and physical condition) being nomads is no longer an option. Of course they are waiting for our "generation(s)" to die off. The new generations (with a few exceptions) have successfully been brainwashed.

She and I have actually laughed out loud at some of the topics/opinions posted here. Option B? Why? It's COLD up there. Option C (Mexico) LOL you can't even drink the water. Fixing what's wrong by using the ballot box....BIG ROFLMAO. That is what has GOTTEN us where we are. Armed insurgency...HA...apathy runs rampant. For pointing out flaws in your "supposed" allies, gets you chastised.

No, there is nothing to worry about. The sheeple will willing go through life with their head firmly buried in the sand. Whether only unwilling, or truly unable to open their eyes, matters not.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • D.K.D.K. Member Posts: 291 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pointing out flaws in so-called allies?

Take a closer look at the what the blue-bellied nazis have to say
    right here. And they perceive themslves as "good guys"?

Get used to it guys, 94% of the sheeple aren't worth the effort!

And our FRIENDS? in blue and in military dress will hunt you down and shoot you dead. And convince themselves they did a good thing!
    Patriots all!
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    whether I have support or not.....even if I am by myself, I pray that I have the courage to fight, should the day come......

animated_usa_flag.gifanimated_rebel_flag.gif

Molon Labe
  • KYfatboyKYfatboy Member Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can honestly tell you, I hope this day dosen't come, in my life, of my son's life. That being said, I must agree with HVOF. Even if I am by myself, I hope I would have the courage to fight. Leaving one's family, and home, would be A hard thing. It is for my family though, that I would fight. If I am to loose all that is precious to me, at least my son could possibly live in A free country, without fear of goverment intrusion. For this reason, I would fight. Even if it meant looseing all that I have.

In hoc signo vincies
    edited November -1
    This was exactly the point of the discussion. I iterated to her that some things are bigger than all of us and more important. The whole is more than the sum of its parts. To contribute to the greater good of the whole, some of the parts may have to go in a little broken or not 100%. But all the parts will be there.

edited November -1
    Truly, this is the meaning behind.."Freedom isn't free"...
    Not the blind following of orders overseas..orders given by men with agendas..not the blind "My country, right or wrong"....

No.. the willingness to stand for what is RIGHT...and the courage to condemn those doing wrong...and the ultimate test..the willingness to fight to defend your OWN COUNTRY..and the ideals laid out so long ago..those ideals that still ring true and clear as a bell.
    edited November -1
  • kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by codenamepaul

amen
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Americans voted themselves into this mess. We can vote ourselves out of this mess.

A revolution would create a MUCH bigger mess than we have now.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox
    Americans voted themselves into this mess. We can vote ourselves out of this mess.

A revolution would create a MUCH bigger mess than we have now.

I would agree to an extent. We knowing few, have been the victims of the will of the ignorant masses. Those fully taken advantage of by the politicians, know nothing about whom, or that, which they vote. Therefore that leads to only one inevitable conclusion that will be written in blood.
  • StealthStealth Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    DK
    I like that ( blue-Bellies),I hope you dont mind if I use that.
    The fish cops and blm could Brown Bellies.

Do any of you have an est of the percentage of cops on the good side
    .05% or less ??
    I think the 5-6% for regular people is about right.[:(]
  • tysonagreentysonagreen Member Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have thought about this often. Right now its a fairly simple question since I have no family to care for and very few possesion I couldn't take with me. I pray for the ability to know when the time has come and the courage to act accordingly. I'm pretty sure I could get the support of maybe a half dozen family members and friends. I never thought about discussing it with family or friends. This should make for some interesting future conversations.

You older guys should take heart. There are a lot more young people out there like me than you might think, we are just to far from mainstream to be given the time of day by any media. We fully understand that freedom isn't free, we just pray we don't have to prove it to our own government.
  • CommissarRobCommissarRob Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I doubt my family would support me, they may they would take any action to undermine me. In all likelyhood it would be me and my small group of friends who share this belief in Libery and the Constitution. Maybe some others in my town will share our veiws but I doubt anyone our age will. The police would be after us and the citizens would be ready to turn us in. Our only hope would be to lay low before leaving our homes for a more friendly environment.
  • gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My family would not allow me to take arms against our feds, but they would have no problem with me fighting the feds if they take up arms against me....
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gunphreak
    My family would not allow me to take arms against our feds, but they would have no problem with me fighting the feds if they take up arms against me....

So you're saying that your family would let you be gunned down perhaps after a long stand-off ? Of they would not allow you to become part of a growing and active revolutionary force until the government came to gun you down. Not really sure what your saying here.
  • shootstrightshootstright Member Posts: 342 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not much support , alotta talk and mostly sheep ,
    Ba Ba Ba .
    To many girly guys that leave politics to the woman .
    Woman run on fear and emotion .
    If you think it's bad now just wait till one gets to
    be President (o8). You aint seen nothin yet.
    The Duke was right. "god help us if we give them the vote"
    A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
    Make yourselves sheep, and the wolves will eat you.
    edited November -1
    quote:So you're saying that your family would let you be gunned down perhaps after a long stand-off ? Of they would not allow you to become part of a growing and active revolutionary force until the government came to gun you down. Not really sure what your saying here.

No, not necessarily. They continue to see where I am right about the trend of things like gov't encroachment, gun kontrol, and liars in politics, and woulod find no fault in doing things like go armed to another Ruby Ridge situation, or banding together with my colleagues in the face of another Waco or Kent State, but they would not allow me to blow up the Oklahoma City Federal Building as a means of protesting the feds a year after one of those types of events occured.

They would not turn in my guns, either, no matter how many laws are passed.

They would not suggest I do not band together with people like me.

They would not suggest I sit back and do nothing while my house is being stormed.

They would contact others if I were in trouble.

They would go where I tell them to in the event of trouble.

But they will not want me declaring war on the feds, until something incredibly bad has been done.
    edited November -1
    Let me say again;
    We will LOSE..if "We" kick this thing off.

The absolute only chance of regaining freedom will come about AFTER the Government becomes MUCH more tyrannical.
    Be patient..you can see it happening all around you.

Want to speed the process ? STOP begging slimy politicians..as I have repeated somewhere around a million times...surely ones' pride would preclude crawling on ones' belly after awhile..pleading for a return to a dead Constitution..used as toilet paper by the Elites...

Withdraw from the system as far as possible..allow it to go to hell at its OWN pace. Trust me..as one that has been in the trenches for 40 years..the speed of decay is accelerating....
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    as I have repeated somewhere around a million times

Naaa.....it's only been about 5,480 times.
    At least on this forum. [}:)][;)][:D][:D][:o)]
    edited November -1
    pickenup
    Check out this gene pool

New Darwin Awards 2005

In case you have been waiting breathlessly for this year's Darwin Awards,
    here they are. The awards this year are, once again, truly classic.

These awards are given each year to bestow upon (the remains or estate of)
    that individual, who through single-minded self-sacrifice, has done the most
    to remove undesirable elements from the human gene pool. Just think...until
    these events, these same people were walking the streets like normal people.

5th RUNNER-UP:

Goes to a San Anselmo, California man who died when he hit a lift tower at
    the Mammoth Mountain ski area while riding down the slope on a foam pad.
    22-year old David Hubal was pronounced dead at Central Mammoth Hospital. The
    accident occurred about 3 a.m., the Mono County Sheriff's department said.

Hubal and his friends apparently had hiked up a ski run called Stump alley
    and removed some yellow foam protectors from lift towers, said Lt. Mike
    Donnelly of the Mammoth Lakes Police Department. The pads are used to
    protect skiers who might hit towers. The group apparently used the pads to
    slide down the ski slope and Hubal crashed into a tower. It has since been
    investigated and determined the tower he hit was the one with its pad
    removed.

4th RUNNER-UP:

Goes to Robert Puelo, 32, was apparently being disorderly in a St. Louis
    market. When the clerk threatened to call the police, Puelo grabbed a hot
    dog, shoved it into his mouth and walked out without paying. Police found
    him unconscious in front of the store. Paramedics removed the six-inch
    wiener from his throat where it had choked him to death.

3rd RUNNER-UP:

Goes to poacher Marino Malerba of Spain, who shot a stag standing above him
    on an overhanging rock and was killed instantly when it fell on him.

2nd RUNNER-UP:

"Man loses face at party." A man at a West Virginia party (probably related
    to the winner last year, a man in Arkansas who used the .22 bullet to
    replace the fuse in his pickup truck) popped a blasting cap into his mouth
    and bit down, triggering an explosion that blew off his lips, teeth, and
    tongue. Jerry Stromyer, 24, of Kincaid, bit the blasting cap as a prank
    during the party late Tuesday night, said Cpl. M.D. Payne. "Another man had
    it in an aquarium hooked to a battery and was trying to explode it. It
    wouldn't go off and this guy said I'll show you how to set it off." He put
    it into his mouth, bit down and it blew all his teeth out and his lips and
    tongue off, Payne said. Stromyer was listed in guarded condition Wednesday
    with extensive * injuries, according to a spokesperson at Charleston
    Area Medical Division. "I just can't imagine anyone doing something like
    that," Payne said.

1st RUNNER-UP:

Doctors at Portland University Hospital said an Oregon man shot through the
    skull by a hunting arrow is lucky to be alive and will be released soon from
    the hospital. Tony Roberts, 25, lost his right eye last weekend during an
    initiation into a men's rafting club, Mountain Men Anonymous (probably known
    now as Stupid Mountain Men Anonymous) in Grants Pass, Oregon. A friend tried
    to shoot a beer can off his head, but the arrow entered Robert's right eye
    Doctors said that had the arrow gone 1 millimeter to the left, a major blood
    vessel would have been cut and Roberts would have died instantly.
    Neurosurgeon, Doctor Johnny Delashaw, at the University Hospital in Portland
    said the arrow went through 8 to 10 inches of brain with the tip protruding
    at the rear of his skull, yet somehow managed to miss all major blood
    vessels. Delashaw also said that had Roberts tried to pull the arrow out on
    his own he surely would have killed himself.

Roberts admitted afterwards that he and his friends had been drinking that
    afternoon. Said Roberts, "I feel so dumb about this." No charges have been
    filed, but the Josephine County district attorney's office said the
    initiation stunt is under investigation.

Now, THIS YEAR'S WINNER:

(The late) John Pernicky and his friend, (the late) Sal Hawkins, of the
    great state of Washington, decided to attend a local Metallica concert at
    the George Washington amphitheater. Having no tickets (but having had 18
    beers between them), they thought it would be easy to "hop" over the nine
    foot fence and sneak into the show. They pulled their pickup truck over to
    the fence and the plan was for Mr. Pernicky, who was 100 pounds heavier than
    Mr. Hawkins, to hop the fence and then assist his friend over. Unfortunately
    for (the late) Mr. Pernicky, there was a 30-foot drop on the other side of
    the fence. Having heaved himself over, he found himself crashing through a
    tree. His fall was abruptly halted (and broken, along with his arm) by a
    large branch that snagged him by his shorts. Dangling from the tree with a
    broken arm, he looked down and saw some bushes below him. Possibly figuring
    the bushes would break his fall, he removed his pocket knife and proceeded
    to cut away his shorts to free himself from the tree. Finally free, Mr.
    Pernicky crashed into holly bushes. The sharp leaves scratched his ENTIRE
    body and now, without the protection of his shorts, a holly branch
    penetrated his rectum. To make matters worse, upon landing his pocket knife
    penetrated his thigh. Hawkins, seeing his friend in considerable pain and
    agony, threw him a rope and tried to pull him to safety by tying the rope to
    the pickup truck and slowly driving away. However, in his drunken haste, he
    put the truck into reverse and crashed through the fence landing on his
    friend and killing him. Police arrived to find the crashed pickup with its
    driver thrown 100 feet from the truck and dead at the scene from massive
    internal injuries. Upon moving the truck, they found John under it
    half-naked, scratches on his body, a holly stick in his rectum, a knife in
    his thigh, and his shorts dangling from a tree branch 25 feet in the air.

Congratulations gentlemen. You win. And some more idiots have been removed
    from the gene pool.
    edited November -1
    [:D]Sorry guys , just wanted to add some humor
    to this thread .[:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    Well..guess I will go get the Windex and clean the co[:0][:D]ffee off the screen...
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys
    The best replies are so often short
    and sweet.[8D][8D][8D]