In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

canadian gun laws

clayspankerclayspanker Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
what is the deal with the canadian gun laws? WHat kind of guns are allowed there

Comments

• Options
    ironsitesironsites Member Posts: 97 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No handguns allowed. Rifles/shotguns are o.k.- but you need to get a permit (I believe it's good for two weeks) and pay a permit fee of $25.00. No more than 1-gun.
  • Options
    mbinkerdmbinkerd Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ironsites, I don't know if all that is true. Last summer my mom and step dad took a summer motorhome trip all over N. America. My step takes his shotgun everywhere. When they got to the Canadian boarder my step dad had the choice to either pay $400US for the permit or he could leave it there until they traveled back through there to pick it up. Anyway...since the gun wasn't worth that much to begin with and they weren't coming back the same way, he ended up giving it to the Canadians. That sucks!
  • Options
    44mag44mag Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My opinion of the Canada Guns laws is this; They made their mess, let them live with it. Don`t hunt in Canada and hopefully the U.S. people will learn from their stupidity.
  • Options
    john carrjohn carr Member Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My son is an over-the-road truck driver and makes periodic trips to Canada. Last time about a month ago he was asked if he was carrying any guns, he said no, and then was asked if he owned guns in the U.S. (?) He said yes, they asked how many. Later he spoke with another trucker at the customs, they had asked him the same question. His reply was "oh, I own about a thousand". They thought he was serious and asked him where he kept them and he said "oh I have a cave out behind my house and store them there."I've found that you never joke with custom officials, they have no sense of humor.
  • Options
    dearchaserdearchaser Member Posts: 107 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A friend's brother just left for a duck hunt in Ontario. He was told it would be $50 per shotgun to enter Canada. Incredible! Although I guess it works...what hard-working criminal would waste $50 to bring a gun into Canada!!!