In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Rosie O'Donnell get new sponsor - ACE Hardware

rick_renorick_reno Member Posts: 186
Rosie O'Donnell has a new sponsor for her TV show: Ace Hardware. (Apparently, word of the K-Mart fiasco didn't reach this particular company's corporate offices). Ace already has an advertising "partnership" with "Rosie" magazine, but will now be a sponsor of the show. (Dykie women and home improvement products - what could be a better match?)Here's a brief refresher of some of Rosie's more notable pronouncements on guns:"Of course I'm against them, because they do more harm than good." - speaking with Cokie Roberts about conceal carry laws on ABC's "This Week" the day before the Million Mom March "I also think you should not buy a gun anywhere." - same ABC's "This Week" "The only life that is important to them is white, Republican life." - speaking about the NRA , National Review, June 17, 2000 "And it never, ever was interpreted that the Second Amendment meant individual's right to bear arms" - speaking with Katie Couric on NBC's "Today" June 2000 "What we who work for gun control would like to see happen is every gun licensed and registered in the United States. - same "Today"show "There have been times when I have had armed people at my house" - same "Today"show "I don't care if you want to hunt, I don't care if you think it's your right. I say, sorry, you are not allowed to own a gun, and if you do own a gun I think you should go to prison." - The Rosie O'Donnell Show April 19, 1999 "I know it's in the Constitution. But you know what? Enough! I would like to say, I think there should be a law--and I know this is extreme--that no one can have a gun in the U.S. If you have a gun, you go to jail. Only the police should have guns. It's ridiculous." - During interview with Carolyn McCarthy as quoted in the Ottawa Sun, April 29, 1999. Anyway, here's the link if you'd like to let Ace know what you think of this arrangement.: http://www.AceHardware.com/root/contact_form.asp You might also mention your concerns to the manager of your local Ace store the next (and hopefully, last) time you shop there.

Comments

• 4000fps4000fps Member Posts: 786 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey I let them know what was on my mind.ThanksHey are you the Rick that was in a little hot water up Jersy way?
  • rick_renorick_reno Member Posts: 186
    edited November -1
    No, that wasn't me. I live almost as far away from New Jersey as you can get and still be in the lower 48.
    edited November -1
    Sorry, think it was rickraso or something. He was a fireman and gunshop owner up that way. His local town officials were trying to take away his pension because he was selling firearms on the internet????????Some liberal communists up there........
  • M.OpaliskiM.Opaliski Member Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That would be Rick Zarbo, up state New York. He is a Fireman, he sits on the Town Council as Chairman, he is a licensed FFL.Indeed the liberals have pegged him as evil and are trying to revoke his Firemen's Pension Fund, they are also running a negative campaign agaist him ... but he's not even up for election. Those that are against him are up for election and they are seeking the vote of those that want to supress his right to sell firearms legally.It is a sorted affair of events up there. You should contact him for more details, he would be happy to talk with you on the issue. I have sent letters to both individuals heading the fight against him as well as the local paper in the hopes of having it run in the Editorials. I haven't heard either way if it has or not. rzarbo@yahoo.com
    Support your RKBA ... MatthewNRA Life MemberTalk Radio Junkie opaliski@hotmail.com TheFirearmsEnthusiast
    edited November -1
    Thanks Matt, memory was the third thing that went!
  • twinstwins Member Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the link and the info.
  • john carrjohn carr Member Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just sent my 2 cents to Ace. Thanks for the link, it's what we need more of.
  • Rich-DRich-D Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I filed a complaint with Ace hardware and received a long but courtious letter back that related that Rosie is no longer on Ace's site. That Ace has not, nor does not intend to sponsor Rosie or have her as a spokesperson. Nor does Ace have any offical relationship with Rosie.That Ace was featured on a segment of Rosies our house and that Ace put up a temporary link to satisfy the customers who had questions concerning the paint and color schemes on the show. And that the one appearance of Ace paints on Rosie's show should not imply and endorsement of her views.Looks like it pays to file complaints with sponsors of Rosie.
    Rich-D"REASONABLE GUN CONTROL..... IS HITTING YOUR TARGET"
  • rick_renorick_reno Member Posts: 186
    edited November -1
    Ace Hardware isn't telling you the whole story when they state they have no relationship with Rosie the Pig. Ace Hardware, in their canned response to mail about Rosie isn't telling the whole story. Read below and decide for yourselves what is going on between Rosie and Ace Hardware.OurHouse, backed by a 20 percent ownership stake from Ace Hardware (dossier), launched more than a year ago, billing itself as an upscale - and online - version of the corner hardware store. Ourhouse proudly lists Ace as a "Partner" - in business lingo that's a pretty tight relationship. The company's TV advertising expenditures will drop from more than $10 million during the year following the site's launch to less than $5 million for the upcoming year. As for the future, OurHouse's newly forged ties to The Rosie O'Donnell Show and the nonprofit Habitat for Humanity International (dossier) are an indication of where the site's marketing is headed. http://www.thestandard.com/article/0,1902,20864,00.html
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Please stop picking on NJ. I live here and do it all myself. LOL.
    Spadesfalcon@aol.com
  • AGMIKEAGMIKE Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ace just got 5 min of my thoughts
  • ironsitesironsites Member Posts: 97 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just let Ace know how I felt."Boy that felt good" I have a company and will find another source for supplies.
  • FitzFitz Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the tip. I sent a letter to Ace as well.
  • FitzFitz Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I sent a letter to ACE as mentioned above, and I recieved the following reply:Thank you for visiting Ace Online.We have received your correspondence in regards to our commercial and Iregret your issues with the program. However, Ace advertising appeared onthat channel and program as a part of a larger, annual media purchase NOT asan endorsement or sponsorship of that program or its content. We create ourplanned media buy nearly a year in advance when specific programming isstill in planning. In addition, we are not consulted nor do we have priorapproval of program content or programming.As a result of our advertising on this channel, we received a randomselection of available spots and one must have appeared during that program.We have not received similar issues with other programming on this channelthat might cause us to re-examine our advertising on that network.Again, we regret your issues with the program content but Ace was not partof the development of that content, nor is our spot appearance in any way anendorsement or sponsorship of that content.I hope this clarifies our role and that you we'll see you in an Ace storesoon.Sincerely,Mary Jo WilliamsonAce Internet Committee[This message has been edited by Fitz (edited 10-01-2001).]
  • arkresearcharkresearch Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rosie O'Donnell, let the * loose in anystreet of San Juan PUERTO RICO with a goldneck lace , in 5 minutes I bet she will change her mind wile being worked out by drugadicts and criminals. Puerto RICO GUNS laws SUCK ! Its a PRIVILEGEand US constitution seem written in toiletpaper....all due to a lot of "ROSIES" here.