In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Class III in NY???

MArgentoMArgento Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
Does anyone know the details on getting a class III permit in NY? I can't find any information anywhere and the guys at the pistol permit office aren't interested in giveing you information on how to do something legely (go figure). If you do have information, please keep in mind that I live on Long Island. We have special limitations on pistol permits so I'll assume that class III would have the same, if its possible at all. Thank you for any information.

Comments

• salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    MARGENTO- I guess anything is possible. But if you really want a classIII, get off that Godforsaken island. I am originally from Patchogue myself, and the best decision I ever made was getting the hell out of there.
  • MArgentoMArgento Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't disagree with you there but I just bought house so I'm not going anywhere for a while. Does anyone know what the rules are or if it's even possible?
  • plautusplautus Member Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi there-NY is one of the states that DOES NOT permit Class III (NFA or AOW) ownership by private citizens.From NYS Code:"""It is a felony for any person to possess, manufacture, transport, or dispose of a machine gun. It is a felony to buy, receive, dispose or conceal a machine gun which has been defaced for the purpose of concealment. The presence in any room, dwelling, structure or vehicle of any machine gun is presumptive evidence of unlawful possession by all persons occupying the place where the machine gun is found. A machine gun is defined as any weapon from which a number of shots or bullets may be rapidly or automatically discharged from a magazine with one continuous pull of the trigger and includes a submachine gun. """
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There used to be a classIII Dealer/Manufacturer in the Rochester area. I assume he was set up as a police supplier as a way to get around our wonderful NYS gun laws.. It might be a way if you really want it. Besides with the WTC aftermath it might be a good way to make some spare cash. I'm sure police budgets will be growing as a result of all this.As for moving out of here, I'm in the third year of a five year plan to get out. North/South Dakota & Nebraska are looking real good lately.