In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Supreme Court Decision?

thebutcherthebutcher Member Posts: 374 ✭✭✭
I saw something on a news ticker about the Supreme Court refusing to review the NJ sem-automatic gun ban law. Has anyone else seen this or have more information?

Comments

• Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe the case was fought on first amendment grounds, not second amendment. There is a post in the general discussion section that deals with this decision.
  • Options
    yan35yan35 Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Will I have to give up my nice looking Mark22 Weatherby? A nice piece of art!!
  • Options
    thebutcherthebutcher Member Posts: 374 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It was fought on 1st amendment and due process grounds. Why would this not be fought on 2nd amendment grounds?
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I cant remember the details so I might be off, but I think the issue that was made in the case dealt with the "words" that were printed on the gun. Something to the effect that certain "words" printed on the guns were what made the gun an "assault" weapon.I think the reason it was not fought on second amendment grounds, is because 99 out of 100 lawyers would not even think of arguing a case due to second amendment violations. For the most part, second amendment arguments usually guarantee losing the case.