In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

government seizure???

SKGUNZSKGUNZ Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
My intention is not to cause an uproar or be seen as chicken little but I saw something on FOX news that has me very concerned. As reported by Fox a provision was tucked into the bill signed recently to combat terrorism that would allow the government to seize and destroy surplus military equipment. The headline further read that owners of restored B-17 Bombers were concerned they would never be allowed to fly their planes. I'm assuming they fear they would be under this particular piece of legislation. I haven't seen the bill and don't know of it's contents. Does anyone have specific detailed info. I'm concerned that this bill will in effect outlaw ownership of military surplus rifles. I've intended for quite a while to collect WWII rifles. In particular M1 Garand and Carbine rifles. If anyone out there knows more about the topic please follow up with a posting

Comments