In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

another letter I wrote to congress

pikeal1pikeal1 Member Posts: 2,707
here is one that i wrote to my reps regarding gun control. please look it over and if it fits, use it. Just read in guns and ammo that they elections for representatives and some members of congress are about six months away...never to early to let them know what you think.I understand that you, along with all the other representatives and members of congress are hard at work making this country a better place. I do have one issue that I would like to address. I recently started enjoying a new hobby. A hobby that is in grave danger of being outlawed if something is not done soon. I own several guns, and really enjoy collecting, shooting, and hunting with friends and family. A new year is upon us, and with each new year comes a new opportunity to preserve the laws that have governed this great country for so long. I am concerned that my new hobby may be in jeopardy. I urge you to support the laws and bills that are in favor of gun rights, and strictly oppose any new legislation that might further infringe the right of the people to keep and bear arms.God bless you, and God bless America!Yours truly,

Comments

• Gordian BladeGordian Blade Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In general, I think the more letters they get like yours the better. Unfortunately, my local Democrat Congressman votes pretty much along party lines, and the overwhelming number of people in his district are Democrats, so if the Democrat Party decides to go for gun control, he's going to be for it and his voters will probably back that up. I could always write to my Senators, Chuck Schumer and Hillary Clinton.
  • rick_renorick_reno Member Posts: 186
    edited November -1
    Or you could move.
  • Gordian BladeGordian Blade Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi, rick_reno. I'm working on it.
  • EZMZEZMZ Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pike----you are a hero----it is time for all freedom loving people to stand up and shout it from the roof-tops...my Dad taught all us kids how to shoot and handle fire-arms safely
    it's probably the best legacy he could have given us
    sure hope the commies dont get their way and take away our rights to bear arms
    it is a well known fact that The Peoples Republic of China each year pumps money into liberal orginazations such as HCI and others who desire to make gun ownership illegal to all but military and police!!!
    what does this tell us??? if the PRoC has always had will all have but one goal
    one world communism control
    then gun control cant possibly be good for America!
    I'm new to this funtastic site----just wanted to add my 2?
    "BILLARY KLINTON" has Thunder Thighs!!!
  • daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    I like the letter but think you were a little soft on them. Maybe it would be important to remind them about the oath he/she took to uphold the constitution- then they would have no choice but to vote accordingly. *Just my opinion.