In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

FFL

porkchopporkchop Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
what do you have to do to get a FFL.

Comments

• porkchopporkchop Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am going to apply for a FFL to do sales, primarily on-line of a narrow range of hand guns. How difficult is to get one (I have the application already)? I am in NJ which may automatically make things more difficult. Does the ATF co-ordinate it's application process with local authorities?

Any pointers or help is greatly appreciated.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    First and foremost , you must like licking the boot of governement.
  • porkchopporkchop Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ok, better yet, what does the FFL get me exactly should be the better question?
  • nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by porkchop
    ok, better yet, what does the FFL get me exactly should be the better question?

A rectal exam by Uncle Sam !
    and he won't use lube either [:D]
    Abort Cuomo
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The above edit (and below) posters are correct, but if you still want to look into it, look here.

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/faq2.htm#c1
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Porkchop;

Nobody is dissing you, personally. You may well have better luck with your question over on general...after all, this is the 'Gun RIGHTS and Constitutional Law" forum.

Nothing about FFLs addresses gun rights..OR the Constitution.
    You merely become an arm of the government...doing the dirty work of establishing a data base of gun owners for that government.
    Folks over on General are not nearly as worried about gun Rights as some of us here...
    edited November -1
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    The above edit (and below) posters are correct,

What did you need to edit? You weren't saying something bad were you? [:o)][:D]
    edited November -1
    (and below)

Pickenup was hurling an 'attaboy' my way...MUCH to be preferred to the brickbats I normally get from many other posters....[:D]