In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

how will you tell

coltpaxcoltpax Member Posts: 8,114
I got to thinkin today, and just had some thoughts. How will us pro gun and constitution fellers identify ourselves to others in a SHTF america? If the feds are confiscating guns right and left, how are we gonna tell who is on our side? I dont want to end up in a confrontation with any other people who support what I support. Can yall print some cool patches? Ha, that would be awesome though. But yea, Im not really expecting an anwer, but that just popped in my mind on the way to walmarts.

Comments

• ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    it'll probably be a special handshake[:p]
  • coltpaxcoltpax Member Posts: 8,114
    edited November -1
    pop it, lock it, break the pickle, tickle tickle.
    Ahhh, the love guru was a great movie.
    I still think some patches would be nice.
  • shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by coltpax
    pop it, lock it, break the pickle, tickle tickle.
    Ahhh, the love guru was a great movie.
    I still think some patches would be nice.

well if they are there confiscating your guns i doubt if they are strict constitutionalist.

a patch would be cool though.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    At this point, I am unsure if the OP is indulging in sarcasm, or attempting to actually learn something.
    As for friend/foe ..that will be determined by the direction the rifles are pointing.
    There will be mistakes made...anyone paying attention has heard of many instances of `friendly fire` killings even with the modern military ..equipped with all their fancy, sophisticated electronics.
    A patch sounds peachy keen ; Until you realize in the conditions we are likely to encounter, the mere possession of such guarantees a bullet in the head...on the spot.

There will develop systems to separate the Beast-men from friendlies...Indeed, even today, you often need talk to a person a only a few moments to realize the kinship with some...and, conversely, the utter revulsion one feels for the followers of the Beast.
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    quote:our founding fathers would agree with me.
    I would ask you...politely ..to stop polluting the Founders with your attempts to identify with them.
    You would not be fit to shine the boots of one of the founders...or dung out their stables.

Tens of thousands of rabble fled this country during and after the War...and there is not the slightest doubt in my mind that you would have been among that `select' group.

The only reason I can see that you would have remained ;
    Perhaps you would have seen a way to profit off the suffering and death of far better men then you.
    edited November -1
    I was actually trying to as a question
    then i guess I turned Kinda sarcastic
    and yea, the patch would be a big target
    i guess it will be win some take some
    and I'll just stay in my own little area[:D]
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by melkor
    All I know is If U bubbas shoot at the Feds U DIE or spend and long time in jail ! Period ! U can take that to your grave a dead to rights. I suggest U elect people that represent U , instead of being traitors. [:D] ...just an idea... I think our founding fathers would agree with me.

The same founders who fought in the Civil War?

Why are you still here fool?
  • 45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well I have a few VERY close friends that I would trust with my life. And I know they trust me with the same. When you keep those you trust that close, then you don't have to be to concerned. Just watchfull.
  • rkba4everrkba4ever Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As has been said before, the more people know about certain things the greater the chance "loose lips" will sink your proverbial ship so people will be very cautious who they associate with.
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    There are Benedict Arnolds around today, probably more than during our revolution!
  • kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1
    All I know is If U bubbas shoot at the Feds U DIE or spend and long time in jail ! Period ! U can take that to your grave a dead to rights. I suggest U elect people that represent U , instead of being traitors. [:D] ...just an idea... I think our founding fathers would agree with me.

Hey you fairy I suggest you actually read the Constitution...

I one more thing princess pe-nis, if I shoot at somebody they will die, and that is a fact.

you are nothing more than a poop starter, trash plain and simple.
    edited November -1
    As for the topic at hand, I would imagine any symbol that is universally recognized as being anti communist would be accepted.

If shtf I will fly a bonnie blue flag.
    edited November -1
    Melkor... could you please shut up? I dont want to shoot nobody, but if thats what it takes. And what is melkor talking about treachery?
  • nuttsnutts Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    coltpax,,kyplumber is flying your patch,, " THE BONNIE BLUE "
    edited November -1
    kyplumber I wont even comment about your name but this quote of yours needs to go period and NOW !

kyplumber Posted - 12/29/2008 : 11:41:27 AM

quote:
    Originally posted by melkor

All I know is If U bubbas shoot at the Feds U DIE or spend and long time in jail ! Period ! U can take that to your grave a dead to rights. I suggest U elect people that represent U , instead of being traitors. ...just an idea... I think our founding fathers would agree with me.

Hey you fairy I suggest you actually read the Constitution...

I one more thing princess pe-nis, if I shoot at somebody they will die, and that is a fact.

you are nothing more than a poop starter, trash plain and simple.

here's a better quote for you,

"Grow a pair of nuts! and get a brain!"
  • 1911 Gunslinger1911 Gunslinger Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Just say no to drugs.
  • WerwolfWerwolf Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Yeah, what about these child killing, gun grabbing, homo helping government storm troopers, who have sworn allegiance to the united nations, are they Americans?
    Hell no their not Americans!
    If we shoot at the enemy we will die, such is war as they will die as well, feds feds feds, big deal, you are afraid of these henchmen that adorn a uniform and are employed by the government of which they give their allegiance too, as all that they are is henchmen of the government nothing more, a crooked and un-Constitutional government run by corrupt self seeking opportunists that are part of a collective thinking machine.
    We have already gone the route of standardized elections and who is to say that they are not corrupt, do we really know for sure, the elected officials never follow what they were elected to accomplish and there are always a myriad of scandals that we know of, etc, etc.
    Traitors? Depends on what or whom you are considered a traitor too, in this case, corrupt politicians and a tyrannical government, our Fore Fathers were also considered traitors as well, it really doesn't matter if the enemy considers you a traitor.
    Neither the 'feds' nor the government have upheld the Constitution as they have sworn and we are therefore no longer required to follow their laws, we pledged allegiance to the Constitution not a government. Thomas Jefferson said it paramount when he stated that when the government no longer serves the people then the government should be overthrown, that speaks volumes about how are Fore Fathers felt about our Republic and the Constitution. So NO, our Fore Fathers would not agree, but would disagree vehemently and act as militant insurgents against tyranny and show disdain for those that abuse their positions in government and sell out our Republic and its Constitution, curtailing their responsibilities to the people for a few pieces of silver and a false sense of security, which will fail miserably.
  • badchrisbadchris Member Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ruger41
    it'll probably be a special handshake[:p]

[:0] [:0] ...very funny!

Maybe fly a Gadsden Flag or similar?
    Enemies of armed self-defense focus on the gun. They ignore the person protected with that gun.
  • WerwolfWerwolf Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, the Gadsden Flag, various Skull and Bones Flags(also known as Death Head Flags) or the Confederate Flag make great battle flags and should dispatch the general impression of your plans to the enemy. As an American Flag however, the Betsy Ross Flag seems to be a better American Flag as it represents the Constitution and our heritage much better and as our Fore Fathers also chose to stop using the the Grand Union Flag in lew of our Independence from england, so also brings into question of our use of the stars and stripes flag which is in current use by the united states government.