In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

SCOTUS

buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
Does the SCOTUS have the power to interpret the Constitution?

Comments

• buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does the Constitution give the SCOTUS the power to strike down legislation as unconstitutional?

Post back up and have at it.
  • buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was reading a little about the history of the supreme court today. Some of the justifications they have used over the years for some of thier rulings seem pretty flimsy. Might have been author, I don't know. It got me to thinking about Sotomayor nomination and gun rights. It will only take one more vote to eliminate gun rights as we see them. She will replace Souter(I think), so her vote would have been the same. But it seems as if Obamalamadingdong will get the chance to nominate another(as murphy's law applies) and he/she will almost certainly be anti gun rights. How big of a blow will this be and what are the chances that public will come out in an uproar. I think huge blow and another step closer total tyranny and not enough roar to make a difference.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I suggest you obtain and read "The Constitution in Exile" by Judge Andrew Napolatano (sp?).

It will educate and enlighten you on matters of how the SCROTUS has eroded this Republic.