In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Arrested and Thrown in Jail In Topeka, KS.

r00tzr00tz Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
I was Arrested and Thrown in Jail In Topeka, KS. While at the same time it is perfectly legal to Open Cary in Topeka, KS. The Cops Stole my Gun and charged me with Concealed Carry when it was obviously on my hip where everyone could see it that's why I got the cops called on me in the first place (Because everyone Could see it)...

Comments

• Options
    COBmmcmssCOBmmcmss Member Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go get an attorney and fight it then. You decide if its worth it or not.

COB

quote:Originally posted by r00tz
    I was Arrested and Thrown in Jail In Topeka, KS. While at the same time it is perfectly legal to Open Cary in Topeka, KS. The Cops Stole my Gun and charged me with Concealed Carry when it was obviously on my hip where everyone could see it that's why I got the cops called on me in the first place (Because everyone Could see it)...
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    How nice of them, violating their oath, by "charging" you with "practicing" a constitutional right.
  • Options
    45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You say that it was "Obvious" that you had a gun on your hip. That tends to make me think that you had a coat or something over it. That it was heavily printed because it so Obvious that you were wearing a gun. Am I Mistaken? Or was you firearm COMPLETELY exposed to view by all? If it wasn't, then you were carrying concealed.Even if your coat was just draped over the gun. Even if the bottom of the holster exposed, it's still concealed.
  • Options
    COBmmcmssCOBmmcmss Member Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by storm6490
    Represent yourself PRo-se and take it all the way to the highest court. It will cost them a hell of a lot of money to try and prosecute you. They will learn cost to benefit ratio. Demand, by notary, all evidence and make them play the paper hot potato game.

Layers are all scum suckers and if you have a little time, you can ... understand... true law better than most third party debt collectors ever will.

Defend yourself, it cost them money and it's your right to do so.

Sorry but I can't agree with this. Too many ways for a pro-se' non-schooled individual citizen to screw up and LOSE big time. I just got a win in the 9th Cir. and it took 12 years. Not ALL lawyers are scum suckers but those guys do give us three a bad name. LOL

Honestly, get a criminal law attorney - at least until you know the ropes.

COB
  • Options
    45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    AS the saying goes, he who represents themselves has a fool for a client.

And I find it interesting that you never replied to my post from earlier. I would like to know the answers to my questions. Then I can tell you what your chances are.