In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Carrying Permit Questions

FitzFitz Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
1. I have a CT pistol permit. I am interested in doing a hiking trip on the Appalachian trail either in CT or PA. Is it correct to assume that you cannot legally carry any weapon there?2. Is a Federal permit a work-around for the various states not having reciprocity for carry permits? Someone suggested I get a federal carry permit, but I also heard that I need a "reason" to get one; that average citizens are not eligable as politicians and judges stopped reading the Constitution 80 years ago.Thanks,Fitz

Comments

• m_mays24m_mays24 Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    FitzI have been Hiking on the AT for a number of years and I am also a permit carrier. There is no reason that you would need to carry a firearm on the trail it is also a national corridore so it is illegal to have a firearm on gov't property. If you feel unsafe going on the trail carry a knife in your waistband.
  • EOD GuyEOD Guy Member Posts: 931
    edited November -1
    There is no such thing as a Federal carry permit.