In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I E-mailed White House about gun ban sunset

AmpersandAmpersand Member Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
I told Bush (like he reads these) how I felt. Maybe if thousands of us do it it will get their attention???

&

Comments

• gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, maybe he will listen to the announcement of his defeat for the Presidency in 2004, too.

Death to Tyrants!!!

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
  • NOTPARSNOTPARS Member Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It may be a pain, but its probably better to send a letter by snail mail. No, he is no more likely to read our personal letter. So why waste the time? As I understand it, having sent several e-mails to the President, they have an auto-responder that replies to our e-mails. I wrote several, non-controversial e-mails, and no matter what I wrote, I received exactly the same reply. So then, I wrote one calling the Republicans Linguinicans if they don't stand up for gun rights. Same response.........
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yup, canned responses are the norm. That is why I still like to use the phone.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Mr.PissyPantsMr.PissyPants Member Posts: 3,575
    edited November -1
    I write letters and I also get the generic responses. I hear letters are more weighty then emails.

-Clinton
    edited November -1
    I've heard that too.

Death to Tyrants!!!

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

• Delta514Delta514 Member Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I did a Security Scan of my URL = "Big Brother" is watching and intercepting me, from 3 different locations. So! Consider: When you write or Email the Prez, you have just entered a Database. Seems now a days; contacting the President is considered Radical.

Feinstein understands better than anyone: "Those Idiots which conceived the Constitution were very short sighted, were obviously Radical in their Ideas, and treasonous in their efforts. Anyone reading Thomas Jefferson (indepth) would consider him an Un-educated Mal-content, (Franklin was not much better). ERGO: We have out grown the Constitution. The Constitution only serves to Hamstring progressive thinkers and promote descention among the Peons. Any fool should thourghly understand, we "Leaders" of THE NEW WORLD ORDER, require Protection, whereas the Multitude of Citizen's (armed) are at best; a danger not only to themselves but more importantly; to US. After all: Who in their "Right Minds" needs an ASSAULT WEAPON? (unless of course they are contemplating doing a CRIME?)"

Marie Antoinette: "Let them eat cake"

Ronnie G. Perkins
    edited November -1
    Dianne Feinstein, who knows all about gun safety and who is the absolute word on gun kontrol, is also a Concealed Carry license holder. How convenient!!!!

Death to Tyrants!!!

edited November -1
    When you love your Country as much as you Love Yourself, when you Love your Country as much as you Love your Life, When you Cherish Freedom above all things. Only then will you truly be Free.

~Ben Franklin~: "Give up your Rights for Security; eventually, you will have no Rights nor Security". (Franklin was another dumbazz? Right! Mrs. Feinstein?)[:(!]

In the End: How much you earned, how much you own, how little a problem you were, will mean nothing! What you stood for, and if you lived what you professed to believe, will be the sum total of your life. Washington, Jefferson, Paine, Adams, Hamilton, Franklin, Hale, John Paul Jones, Paul Revere, Monroe, are not esteemed or remembered because they were wealthy. These men are exalted because they were Noble and Resolute, they lived and propogated their Idea of a Great and Democratic Nation, a Nation which did not/ had not existed before.

Now! Our Lords and Benefactors have learned Julius Caesar's philosophy; "Divide and Conquer".

A Great General ~ An American General, (perhaps as Great as Julius Caesar, Hannibal, or Napoleon) had a very wise philosophy, (in my humble opinion), "Too often we fail from; Changing the "Plan" to match a "Battle", when we should change the "Battle to Match our overall "Plan". This happens as often in affairs of State as well as in the affairs of Men." ~~~~~~~ Feinstein & Company could learn from this, but not as long as they in their arrogance and Ignorance, consider us "Subjects" instead of "Citizens".

Some reading this may call it "Philosophy" I call it "Common Sense", but what is a person with an everchanging philosophy or no philosophy at all?

Ronnie G. Perkins
    edited November -1
    I find it odd, myself, how low we're willing to stoop. I already do without many things that would make life a simpler task in favor of principles. Being on AOL is bad enough... the kommies that they are.

Death to Tyrants!!!

edited November -1
    CONSIDER:

Notice how the Politico's tend to utilize quotations coined by the "Founding Fathers"? But only when in dire straits or running for office. While the "Founders of our Democracy" coupled their words with action; (which is the only to give words creedence), others use those words of Great and Wise men as tools only, (this should be considered the height of deception, for they hold only an extemporaneous half possesion of Truth).

"Let man then learn the revelation of all nature and all though to his heart; this namely, that the Highest dwells with him; that the sources of nature are in his own mind, IF THE SENTIMENT of DUTY is there. But if he would know what the Great God speaketh, he must "go into the closet and shut the door" as Jesus said! God will not make himself manifest to cowards." ~EMERSON~

The most profound betrayal a man can experience: Unfaithfullnes to ones own countenance and beliefs. To profess one thing while doing another. To prositute ones own mind and heart; "Fine lace adorns; cloth over silver slut, to have her train borne up, and her soul trail in the dirt". ~Thoreau~

Philosophy and Reason

Ronnie G. Perkins
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1