In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

gun/knife law info

marinebadgermarinebadger Member Posts: 115 ✭✭
Hello all,
not to take away from the heated debate I got caught up reading, but I have what should be a quick question.
I just moved to NYC....I know, I know, crappy place for a gun owner.
However, I am here. I did not bring any firearms with me as I was unsure how much of a hassle it would be. They are tucked safeley (no pun intended) in my home in OK. I do have a small collection of blades with me.
Question is this: where is the best source of info on existing gun/knife/airgun laws, particularly as it pertains to NYC? I tried to locate this info on NRA.org, but was unsuccessful.
Thanks for thinkin with me
Walt

"a Freudian slip is when you say one thing and mean amother"

Comments

• Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    I would think NY would have their laws, etc. on line. Do a computer search or phone city hall and ask for the web address.

When guns were invented everything changed. For the first time in the history of the world a frail woman had a chance to sucessfully defend herself and home. My dream is that one of the anti-gun nuts will need a gun for defense and be unable to have one because of their own actions.
  • Options
    MrNathanLeeMrNathanLee Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i dont know about ny as far as whats allowed but here is a tip for carying a knife unconcield that not many seam to know. If you have a folding knife like say this one http://www.sogknives.com/pentagon.htm and you cary it in your pocket with the clip on the outside then it is considered non concield so if say you have a legal limit of 3 inches concield and anything over needs to be unconcield then you can cary a 4" or 6" knive like this and still be legal. Oh and yes that is one of the knives i have on me whenever i leave this house and although luckily i have never had to use it in force i use it almost every day as a tool.

Gun control is being able to hit your target...Enemy Down