In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

If we are going to waste time!

D.K.D.K. Member Posts: 291 ✭✭✭
How many fairies can dance on the head of a pin?

Comments

• dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You could post this over in General Discussions and get more replies than you'd get with an issue of importance. Sad. [xx(]
  • D.K.D.K. Member Posts: 291 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dsmith
    You could post this over in General Discussions and get more replies than you'd get with an issue of importance. Sad. [xx(]

Yep, that's my point!
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Keep the people entertained with circuses..well fed with bread..they are happy.

A few people, placed well to denigate those raising important issues..and the masses will follow the path of least resistance. Ridicule is a powerful tool for those seeking the elimiation of freedom.

D.K.;
    Be careful, holding up a mirror to people's faces..they will hate what they see..but turn that hate towards he who holds the mirror...self-preservation trumping truth...

The word "Nazi" conjures up powerful emotions...and we MUST give the benefit of the doubt to those police officers insisting they will never obey orders to disarm citizens...and we must keep them on the side of decent Americans.
    Pushing them all into the same 'camp' will guarante their turning their backs on us when it becomes necessary to say.."Enough"....
  • D.K.D.K. Member Posts: 291 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    Keep the people entertained with circuses..well fed with bread..they are happy.

A few people, placed well to denigate those raising important issues..and the masses will follow the path of least resistance. Ridicule is a powerful tool for those seeking the elimiation of freedom.

D.K.;
    Be careful, holding up a mirror to people's faces..they will hate what they see..but turn that hate towards he who holds the mirror...self-preservation trumping truth...

The word "Nazi" conjures up powerful emotions...and we MUST give the benefit of the doubt to those police officers insisting they will never obey orders to disarm citizens...and we must keep them on the side of decent Americans.
    Pushing them all into the same 'camp' will guarante their turning their backs on us when it becomes necessary to say.."Enough"....

Yes, I know you are right Highball! [:D] I lost a young friend
    I watch grow up into a fine young man go off to ensure the elitists
    can continue to drive their SUVs.

I've been a real SOB for about a month now. I've vented my venom.
    I'll be fine for time being.

And I do have friends who wear the blue uniform!

I even feel guilty now, about having made the comment a while back about Cheney and haliburton, and having a friend goad me into buying
    a lot of stock based on my belief they are all corrupt and planned to
    benefit from the war in Iraq.

I said haliburton would "steal" a fortune from the war. I was
    right and benefitted quite a bit. With every body bag that comes home,
    I feel more and more guilty! Can't help feeling like it's my fault!

Thanks for the positive comments! I don't hear them too often.
    But that doesn't keep the locals from coming with their hats off
    and their hands out when there is a problem that needs funded.

I've been a little tight * lately, and that is not like me.
    I grew up in a time that neighbors helped each other in time of need,
    rather than taking advantage of misfortune.

Well, I guess I'd better go and put on my tin foil hat and my
    KKK uniform. I'm having dinner with an african american friend and his wife tonight. Jeez, he even trusts me around his two teen aged daughters? What's so damn funny, to me anyway, he's an Ohio
    state trooper! And yes, we have an awful lot in common. He doesn't
    trust or like cops either! I wonder if it is his past expereinces,
    present experiences or his skin color that causes all that mistrust?

It's ironic, isn't it? That I'm going to a cop to help me over this
    very bumpy spot in my life. And this big guy is a good enough friend,
    he would not be offended if I did weasr a shirt with KKK on it!

He might question my intellegence though! He lives in a predominantly
    black neighborhood. Oh, I forgot. Dinner is at his place!